What are you getting your DH for Christmas?

(101 Posts)
MayimBialik Mon 11-Nov-13 10:37:23

I have no idea what to get mine. He's 33. Loves movies, plays 5 a-side football, likes keeping fit and eating healthily, loves spending time with me and DS. Help!!

MayimBialik Thu 14-Nov-13 16:00:59

Thanks for all the ideas - the fitbit sounds like a great idea for my DH. In fact I'd quite like one myself (this is usually a good basis for buying a present for him I feel!) wink

FoxMulder Thu 14-Nov-13 16:06:38

Nothing! If he wanted something I assume he would have bought it by now. Unless we can't afford it, in which case we still can't afford it smile

Davros Thu 14-Nov-13 16:15:18

How about a Nike Fuelband if he likes keeping fit? Lovely looking gadget

QueenofallIsee Thu 14-Nov-13 18:38:59

mine is gadget mad so is getting a ps4....*faints at expense*

574ejones Thu 14-Nov-13 19:16:43

I bought mine a remote control helicopter which can fly outside. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

cravingcake Thu 14-Nov-13 19:53:06

My DH will be getting something along the lines of this...

New shirt for work
New polo shirt/jumper for golf
Hairy Dieters cook book
Hand painted (by DS) picture frame for his desk
Novelty socks
Bottle of whiskey/booze
Maybe itunes voucher
And any little novelty gadgets i see while shopping

cravingcake Thu 14-Nov-13 19:55:13

Oh, and gloves that have that special stuff on the finger tips so you can still use your phone (cant remember the technical name for them).

KingRollo Thu 14-Nov-13 19:56:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

silkknickers Thu 14-Nov-13 19:59:59

I'm getting my chap a camping kitchen table.
ok, so maybe not the most romantic present in the world, but he has been muttering about getting one for months and it was reduced in the autumn sale grin

NoComet Thu 14-Nov-13 20:10:16

As a SAHM, he pays for his own present, so
It seems a bit daft.

Still he'll get clothes, booze and whatever bit of geek he fancies this year.

superbagpuss Thu 14-Nov-13 20:20:11

he arranged to go zombie killing with his friends

I have given him the money to go

neither romantic or a surprise

Where did the Lego Star Wars origami book come from please?

I've got dh some meal kits from The Spicery, mushroom ketchup, River Cottage booze book (volume 12 in the River Cottage series), a novelty apron, posh coffee and I'm going to get him espresso cups when I find ones he likes.

* I like

kateecass Thu 14-Nov-13 22:20:37

Star Wars origami

also got Star Wars Thumb doodles

Both arrived today and both look good. Think the origami was a better price when I got it.

Gorran Thu 14-Nov-13 22:27:26

Mine are a bit poncy tbh:
Freud cafetiere
Gant gloves
Nice slippers
'Lounge' bottoms from the White Co.
Socks and boxes for his stocking as well as shower gel, chocs, shaving stuff, book.

kateecass Thu 14-Nov-13 22:32:25

MrsNormanBates I was thinking about my DH a leather folder for work as he always has a million bits of papers and scribblings all over the place. Didn't know where to even start looking. Please can you tell me where you found yours.

Thanks katecass. I just got the thumb doodles one. Dh will love it!

Weeantwee Thu 14-Nov-13 22:47:21

I don't know what I'm going to get him for Xmas yet as his birthday is on Saturday so my best idea has gone for that. I've bought him a leather Fender strap for his Stratocaster and a guitar stand.

I did pick up a pack of comic strip plasters for his xmas stocking - he's always getting cuts and scratches at work smile

Flight simulation sounds awesome!

Slainte Sat 16-Nov-13 07:01:24

grin KingRollo

MegaClutterSlut Sat 16-Nov-13 09:43:39

I've bought DH 'Zombie-opoly'. It's obviously like monopoly but with zombie pieces etc which I know he's going to love grin

sooperdooper Sat 16-Nov-13 09:54:17

His main present is a download ticket, but I'm getting him a few bits and bobs to open

NorbertDentressangle Sat 16-Nov-13 09:59:10

Bike stuff no doubt - just waiting for the emails with links in to appear in my inbox as all these bits and bobs are alien to me!

Oh, and I've also bought him a vintage cycling top (the country it is from is significant to DP)

mariamerryweather Sat 16-Nov-13 10:17:46

A tennis racquet, and a couple of books, probably Letters of Note and Moneyball, which is about working out the odds in baseball or something.

WidowWadman Sat 16-Nov-13 10:26:31

worrysigh

but playing secret squirrels, dropping (false) hints and that is the whole fun of it. Pre-kids when we still did stockings for each other, there was always one identical thing there, once even we both made each other a Flying Spaghetti Monster tree decoration without knowing the other was making one, too.

I'm undecided yet what to get him this year, and as it's not entirely impossible he stumbles across this thread I can't post anyway.

Presents of years gone by which were well received include a raspberry pi, a bat detector, a better ukulele (i.e. not a cheapo kids' one), a limited print of an artist he really likes, and such things

DTisMYdoctor Sat 16-Nov-13 13:22:48

DH is getting tickets for a show (that is sold out and he thinks he missed the chance to get some), a wireless keyboard for his iPad, aftershave (a Christmas staple) and a jumper (another Christmas staple).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now