What do you have for breakfast on Christmas morning

(151 Posts)
nappyaddict Tue 04-Dec-12 22:43:08

Cant decide between

bacon, eggs, sausages, leftover ham if we have that christmas eve, black pudding, grilled cherry plum tomatoes

Or scrambled egg and smoked salmon

Or omelettes.

Have heard of people having duck and quail eggs. Do you have them fried, poached or scrambled?

Those of you have a fry up what time do then eat Xmas dinner?

bringonyourwreckingball Wed 05-Dec-12 05:21:38

Smoked salmon and scrambled egg with Buck's Fizz, or a continental style spread of cheeses and cold meats with home made brioche. We're at pils this year though so probably just toast as we will eat earlier - I normally do nibbles and champagne at 12 ish then Christmas dinner around 4/5 so no need to do an evening meal, people just pick at cheese

MisselthwaiteManor Wed 05-Dec-12 05:40:04

Tea and toast, really boring but I love sitting around with my family sharing a big pile of toast. I couldn't eat anything more heavy when there's a massive dinner on the way later.

StuntNun Wed 05-Dec-12 05:44:28

Buck's Fizz and half a grapefruit. To be followed by smoked salmon and wheaten bread with the rest of the champagne whenever we get hungry again.

SanityClause Wed 05-Dec-12 05:47:47

We have panettone and pink champagne.

The DC also have lots of sweets.

sleeplessinsuburbia Wed 05-Dec-12 05:51:48

Croissants and pastries with a berry smoothie.

Longdistance Wed 05-Dec-12 05:57:01

Champers, with Smoked salmon bagul. Dd's have waffles with whatever they want on them.

We have ackee, salt fish, callallo and bacon.

DH cooks it, it's lovely grin

Bearandcub Wed 05-Dec-12 06:43:13

Choice of Croissants, brioche, pain au chocolat, pain aux raisins. Last year I made French toast with a Christmas compote for DS1 (v PFB), he ate cat food.

I love Cannonfodder's breakfast might steal that this year.

CalamityJones Wed 05-Dec-12 06:54:20

Croissants and champagne but am envious of saltfish and ackee - are you in the uk, tantrums?

nooka Wed 05-Dec-12 06:55:59

We have an excessively large English breakfast. This means that we then don't eat lunch until very late and miss supper entirely. Very different to how I grew up, but it seems to work for us.

YoHoHoAndABottleOfSherry Wed 05-Dec-12 06:57:14

We usually have panettone, croissants, rolls, pate, cheeses, and jams. I like the sound of smoked salmon and scrambled egg, but the rest of the family would probably be shock.

DD wants pancakes - maybe they can be Christmas Eve or Boxing Day breakfast.

Yep, UK.

IT is my fave breakfast ever but we don't have it often. Its a PITA remembering to soak the fish and chopping up the bits to go in the ackee, that's why DH does it.

And ackee is bloody expensive as well-£3 something for a tiny tin sad

Northernexile Wed 05-Dec-12 07:03:57

Bacon butties, half a tube of fruit pastilles and once it's past 11 a glass of Chablis!

HECTheHallsWithRowsAndFolly Wed 05-Dec-12 07:12:10

Breakfast?

By 6am the kids have demolished half their body weight in chocolate grin

Very little actual food gets into anyone for about 3 days!

girlywhirly Wed 05-Dec-12 07:14:55

Coffee, fruit juice and either brioche and jam or pain au chocolat. We eat Christmas lunch at around 1.30pm.

MumofWombat Wed 05-Dec-12 08:44:00

The full Aussie. Pretty similar to a full English, but cooked on the BBQ!

poncyettia Wed 05-Dec-12 08:52:34

Croissants, proper coffee, smoked salmon on wheaten bread, cinnamon rolls, hot chocolate for the kids.

Christmas dinner is about 1.30 so no way could I manage to eat a full English then sit down to dinner - cooked brekkie is on Boxing Day (helps with hangover wink )

whattodoo Wed 05-Dec-12 09:07:22

Croissants, pain au chocolat, champagne.
Then more champers while DP takes DD to pick up MIL and I prepare dinner.

Then more champers when DSis arrives with her family.

A sneaky nap after lunch will set me up for the rest of the day eating choc and drinking home made snowballs

SecretSantaMN191 Wed 05-Dec-12 09:14:19

I have tried and given up on a sit down breakfast. So we keep a teapot constantly on the go, and have tea and shortbread fingers, orange juice and it's the day of the year when DS can have whatever he likes.

otherwise I'd start the morning with a nice milky pint of Baileys and a fruity Terry's Chocolate orange

PuffPants Wed 05-Dec-12 09:30:54

Tear and share pain aux raisins Christmas tree from Morrisons?!!!

What is that?!!!!

We barely have anything as we go to church quite early on Christmas Day. Glass of champagne and a couple of quality streets afterwards is becoming traditional though...

DaPrincessBride Wed 05-Dec-12 09:38:51

Chistmas Morning Muffins (Nigella recipe) - lovely and light and Christmassy! Will make them, freeze them, and warm in the oven so the whole house smells of cinnamon, nutmeg and clementine....mmmm

SantaWearsGreen Wed 05-Dec-12 09:43:53

Croissants, crepes, bagels and French toast.

Eggs Benedict here. We don't have lunch until about 3 so we need a decent breakfast to soak up the morning Baileys smile * tantrums* can I come to yours please?

SerendipityAlways Wed 05-Dec-12 09:54:31

Croissants with posh jam! Bucks Fizz!
Love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now