Stuff you just can't explain to dogs

(154 Posts)
HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Sat 16-Mar-13 09:23:27

IT'S A PEACH!!!!!!!!

It's not a ball. I am eating it, see? Stop sitting, it's a peach. Go away its a peach. It's not a ball, sod off. Look. Just. Let. Me. Eat. The. Peach.
No! It's not a ball.
<<sigh>>
Let's go find your ball.
<<abandons peach>>

THERE IS NOT A PENGUIN IN THE GARDEN!!!!!!

Woof woof! Woof! Grrrrrrr woof wooooooof! Grrr!

Shush! Settle. Good gir....

Woof arooooooooooooooow woofwoof grrrrrrrrrrr

Look <<turns head>> the penguins on t.v. See? That's a reflexion on the window now settle. Good gir.......

Woof woof grrrrrrrr <<charge to back door>>

<<loops garden>>

Grrrrrrrr woof

<<returns in house>>

<<lies on carpet>>

<<sees window>>

Woof! Woof? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THERE ARE NO PENGUINS IN THE GARDEN IT'S THE TELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<turns of t.v>>

<<reads book>>

<<cries a little bit>>

I know I'm not the only one with stuff I can't explain to dogs. 'Fess up please.

I realise I reached forwards for something and momentarily left a space behind me, that was not an invitation to stretch out on the sofa and take my place.

You are wet. You might have curled up into a ball and shut your eyes but no matter how sneaky you are I still see you on the sofa. GET OFF!

What?! When did you get back on the sofa?! How long have you been sitting there next to me?!

Peanutbutternutter419 Sun 24-Mar-13 08:15:02

Surprisingly we wouldn't gave known you'd been curled up on the sofa while we were out but the guilty look on your face and the fact that you haven't run over excited to see us gives you away.
The same thing when i pick up an empty cat bowl and you look away with your nose in the air, you've been with us for 4 years...we know your guilty face. Silly LuLu Lab!

Yes, that dog is playing with a ball in the park. It is not a crime. Just because you don't like to play ball doesn't mean you have to go charging towards them barking when they are chasing theirs. That is not how you make friends.

The cat is in your bed, i can see him, does not mean you are allowed on the sofa so stop staring from me to the empty seat next to me. You will not be told 'up'. If your that bothered get the cat off your bed, you realise you are bigger than him and he will move if you attempt to sit!

So funny!

Lara2 Sun 24-Mar-13 10:43:18

Yes that's your human brother coming down the stairs so you don't need to bark at him, especially now you're 9 and have known him your whole life! It's still him, he didn't go upstairs and morph into some stranger!

That tiny creature is a mouse. It is smaller than your paw, and is not going to tear you limb from limb. Stop backing away from it - you look really stupid running away from a mouse, ddog1 (38kg of brown lab vs 38g of mouse).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now