The Walking Dead: Speculations and comic spoilers

(219 Posts)
ElderlyKoreanLady Mon 15-Feb-16 21:59:26

You've been warned wink

So, we know Glenn is currently alive but do we think he's going to die getting his head caved in by Negan like in the comics?

(All other spoilery topics welcome! I have difficulty keeping quiet on the other thread.)

DixieNormas Mon 15-Feb-16 22:12:09

I'm glad you've started this, I was thinking about doing one. I'm not sure, I think it might be someone else

ElderlyKoreanLady Mon 15-Feb-16 22:15:44

I don't know. Glenn is one of my favourites but I think he's had too many near misses that they won't get away with for much longer.

I also want to know how they're getting rid of Judith. I actually really didn't like that they kept her alive because the longer they keep her alive, the less realistic the scenario is.

duckbilled Mon 15-Feb-16 22:16:20

I really think he will. He keeps escaping at the last minute, they are setting us up! What do you think about JDM as Negan? I think he will be good, just need to get John Winchester out of my mind!

duckbilled Mon 15-Feb-16 22:17:07

Agreed, Judith has to go (heartless....sorry).

ElderlyKoreanLady Mon 15-Feb-16 22:18:11

Oh I love the thought of that actor playing an evil role. He's so charming he could really pull it off. And sexually confuse me in the process!

DixieNormas Mon 15-Feb-16 22:18:12

Nooooo keep her, up till last season I'd have said do away with Carl but he's OK now.

ElderlyKoreanLady Mon 15-Feb-16 22:21:14

I think losing an eye really added something to the comic character. And as they're not doing away with Rick's hand, it's good to see that they're not actually too afraid of giving a main character a handicap (is that the right word?)

duckbilled Mon 15-Feb-16 22:22:08

He is a very handsome man, and he is a film where he plays a killer landlord....he was really creepy. I think it will work.

rallytog1 Mon 15-Feb-16 22:24:19

Word on the street is that it'll be Daryl meeting his end at the hands of Lucille... It would be a bold move but the perfect way to establish the character of Negan and make us all hate him.

DixieNormas Mon 15-Feb-16 22:24:52

I hope it won't be

duckbilled Mon 15-Feb-16 22:28:31

I really hope not shock

ElderlyKoreanLady Mon 15-Feb-16 22:33:19

Hmm. I'd always imagined Daryl going out in flame and glory.

I thought I'd read somewhere that RK was writing Daryl into the comics. Not sure where that was or whether it's true.

Haggisfish Tue 16-Feb-16 07:48:35

Nioooooo! Not darryl.

GloriaHotcakes Tue 16-Feb-16 07:50:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DixieNormas Tue 16-Feb-16 08:58:20

apparently there's a mysterious car in the back ground when Darryl kills Negans gang members. I hope not! I don't want Darryl to die!!!

rallytog1 Tue 16-Feb-16 10:01:46

I wasn't saying I wanted it to be Daryl... Just that the US Walking Dead spoiler forums seem pretty convinced he'll take Glenn's comic death. I think Negan will need to kill one of the original cast in order to be seen as the worst baddie we've had yet.

GloriaHotcakes Tue 16-Feb-16 11:03:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElderlyKoreanLady Tue 16-Feb-16 11:37:20

Agree rally if Glen doesn't get his comic death, someone big will. I don't think they'd drop that death as it's too important to the story.

NightWanderer Tue 16-Feb-16 17:21:31

No, no more deaths! It's too stressful. They will all be happy and do lots of gardening and farming. <sticks fingers in ears and goes la-la-la>

According to imdb Steven Yuen isn't credited for the remaining episodes of this season. sad

NightWanderer Tue 16-Feb-16 17:22:36

Norman Reedus is though and the actor who plays Carl

ElderlyKoreanLady Tue 16-Feb-16 17:24:25

Is JDM credited for the last episode Steven Yuen is?

NightWanderer Tue 16-Feb-16 17:31:29

Steven is only credited for episode 9. JDM is only credited for episode 16, the last episode. It might be a misdirect but it's interesting.

ElderlyKoreanLady Tue 16-Feb-16 17:32:53

Just realised I can look myself grin

He's SY isn't even listed for next week's episode. It's either a mistake or something to throw people off the scent...If they're killing him off next week, he needs to be in the episode!

GinBunny Thu 18-Feb-16 00:39:37

I've heard Darryl will be replaced with Glenn as the Lucille death... Apparently Norman Reddus is filming a new show for Fox and he can't do both.
I love Darryl but his character needs a direction for him to stay. And yes, the car that was in the background when his henchmen died - if it gets back to Negun that he was responsible then it does add up.
Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now