WIMBLEDON 2014- The sun is shining, the Pimms is chilling- First service!

(958 Posts)
Raahh Sun 22-Jun-14 15:07:22

Sparkly new thread ready for Monday. tennis

MONDAY ORDER OF PLAY from other thread.

wine

even though Nadal is not in action on the first day, I'm looking forward to this.

And to get us in the mood...
opening credits

tennis

Raahh Sun 22-Jun-14 15:09:16
Raahh Sun 22-Jun-14 15:10:50

I love that 'If' Rafa. <sniffle>

MrsVamos Sun 22-Jun-14 15:13:40

Hellooooooo !

Thanks for shiny new thread, lovely Raahh !

I will get a flag when I get the ol laptop out tomorrow. Can't get into my profile on the mobile site.

Coverage starts BBC 2, 11:30am.

Marking place.
Its my birthday today ! Yay !

See you all tomorrow ! Looking forward to a great couple of weeks with you all. smile

PS No more Rafa jokes, Raahh. My poor older heart can't take it !

MrsVamos Sun 22-Jun-14 15:15:11

Ooh. The Rafa 'If' chokes me up. <sniffle>

IF indeed.

Heres hoping !

Raahh Sun 22-Jun-14 15:15:48

Happy Birthday MrsV !! grin

cake

Raahh Sun 22-Jun-14 15:17:18

I promise no more Rafa jokes.

I really, really want him to do well this year. It would be brilliant if he won.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 22-Jun-14 15:17:30

It always chokes me up too.

Happy birthday MrsV.

I might have to go and get some Pimms in preparation. It'll be fine with antibiotics right? It's not real alcohol.

Happy Birthday MrsV!

Raahh Sun 22-Jun-14 15:19:14

It's not real alcohol, rafa -it's just fizzy popgrin

I haven't actually got any alcohol, but i might just get some for the finals.

OYBBK- hope the weather is looking good!

grin

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 22-Jun-14 15:21:35

That's what I thought, Raahh. I have just checked the pack and it doesn't say don't drink alcohol on it anywhere, so I think I'm good.

MrsVamos Sun 22-Jun-14 15:24:14

Awww, thank you all !

Have some cake ! I have mine with Carte D'or Gelato (posh) ice cream !

Delicious !

Raahh Sun 22-Jun-14 15:25:40

The only ab's I've ever avoided alcohol with are metranidozole, for my teeth. I was warned several times by the dentist, and the pharmacist, not to drink with them- or BAD THINGS WOULD HAPPEN. I didn't want to chance it. grinNever been warned beforegrin

MrsVamos Sun 22-Jun-14 15:30:51

While I think of it before I go, we should at some point seriously discuss perhaps us all actually going to Wimby, if anyone would be up for it ?

I'll see what you all think to that tomorrow !

I don't mean this year, perhaps next ?

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 22-Jun-14 15:58:08

Definitely do not drink alcohol with metronidazole. Most antibiotics suggest you don't drink, but you can get away with the odd one. But bad things do happen with metronidazole.

We did discuss a Wimbledon meetup briefly last year, MrsV. I would be up for it.

magimedi Sun 22-Jun-14 16:37:43

Happy Birthday, MrsV wine

Am all set up for hours & hours of tennis watching!!

Probably won't be here until the evenings as I only have my desktop which is not in the same room as the TV.

And I can't watch tennis & type at the same time (no, it's not age-related, Pesky) I just get too enthralled to miss a single tennis

DelicianoLopez Sun 22-Jun-14 17:22:41

tennis ready, play!

threebats Sun 22-Jun-14 17:47:30

Ready for tennis tennis tennis I have washed, ironed, hoovered throughout, beds are changed. Daughter is packed as she's away for 5 days from tomorrow morning - a crying shame I will not have to get up and cook dinner during the first week....
A little food shop tomorrow morning should seal the deal for uninterrupted tennis tennis tennis

DramaAlpaca Sun 22-Jun-14 18:44:16

Thanks for the new thread, Raahh smile

Happy birthday, MrsV flowers wine cake

tennis tennis tennis

A Wimby meet up next year? Now that would be fun!

DelicianoLopez Sun 22-Jun-14 19:38:34

BTW Im the former Maceroetheboatashore.

got strawberries and cream today ready for tomorrow, thepimms (about 10 year old one, hope its okay, I only have a couple of P and lemonade during W), DCs dressed her bulid a bear teddy -Teddy Tinling (!) in tennis outfit, and we are ready to go!

Hope Lopez gets to semi finals at least, hope maria nd Serena go out early, and GO ANDY! tennis

DelicianoLopez Sun 22-Jun-14 19:40:19

anyone old or tennis clever to remember Teddy tinling btw?

I miss dan Maskell. well have the Mac back with 'joke ovic', but unfortunately no 'del powcho'.

DramaAlpaca Sun 22-Jun-14 19:41:38

Haha! Deliciano I just saw your name on another thread & knew it must be the former Macenroe! Great name change grin

DramaAlpaca Sun 22-Jun-14 19:44:47

I remember the name Teddy Tinling being associated with tennis dresses. I also remember Dan Maskell, but I don't particularly miss him. He didn't like Macenroe, who was my favourite player grin

Raahh Sun 22-Jun-14 19:46:53

Wasn't Tinling a dress designer? Something to do with 'gorgeous' Gussie's frilly knickers? (my gran still calls frilly knickers 'gorgeous gussies'). grin

I want to dress up a bear. Dd1's are currently dressed as Darth Vader and a storm trooperhmm

Raahh Sun 22-Jun-14 19:47:44

I loved Dan Maskell- Oh, i say!

But he was so quiet. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now