Corrie scriptwriters should read this thread (Corrie queens)

(1000 Posts)
Sleepyfergus Tue 14-May-13 19:42:31

The old thread is nearly full. Nice new shiny thread here.

Old thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/1684194-Corrie-queens-gather-round

Ellenora5 Sat 18-May-13 00:54:49

It's so boring this week, filler in storylines to make up for Ken and Kev being out of if, hmm we could start our own soap," KevandKen what happened next" rather like a Damon and Debbie (brookside, years ago) I'm so oldsad hope someone else knows what I'm taking about grin

I reckon there will be flurry of good storylines in September, babies being born, Karl being found out, Dev will reappear with teenage twins causing havoc because we know they grow up so quickly in soapland, Katy and Chesney will have a custody battle over Joseph and he will win and live happily ever after with Fiz and Tyrone because Katy is far too pretty to stay in soapland and will make her fortune elsewhere.

Right I'm off to get a life now, or change channels every now and again!!!

ooh yes Debbie'n'Damon ( I am that old blush )

He was worried she was a 'user' but it was actually her insulin syringes.

Innocent boy.

FannyMcNally Sat 18-May-13 12:03:55

Don't like the way Roy turned on Hayley sad. Is this how she makes her exit, with them splitting up I wonder?

I hate the way we are supposed to be glad that we have a new Blanche figure! Glo tries hard but she can't do the sucked lemon face half as well as Blanche did.

Just looked up some spoilers and nothing's getting my pulse racing. Apparently we have a whole week of Corrie the week after next so hopefully some boring storylines will be tied up then.

whatkungfuthat Sat 18-May-13 12:25:36

Isn't Sylvia the New Blanche? Trouser Smell Fireman is still as greasy as ever <boak>

When is Tina due to have the baby?

Bakingnovice Sat 18-May-13 16:44:06

Everyone is getting on my last bloody nerve. Fuck off to the st Ella/Karl/glo/Leanne/money/pub storyline!!!!!!!!!!

Bakingnovice Sat 18-May-13 16:44:40

Everyone in corrie that is!

MurielTheActor Sat 18-May-13 17:19:21

I've said it before and I'll say it again -
That Royston Cropper is one class act.
Really beautifully played. I love him blush
I was very moved by the scenes with Sylvia (who is so much more the new Blanche rather than Glo).
Moments of what Corrie does best - I'm a wreck...

BastardDog Sat 18-May-13 18:38:41

I agree MurielTheActor I thought last nights scenes with Roy was the first decent bit of script writing and acting I've seen for a while. I knew it was good when my 12 yo found it boring.

whatkungfuthat Sat 18-May-13 21:33:47

Wonder how long Katie will last living with Michelle and mini-Barrowman?

miffybun73 Sat 18-May-13 22:15:04

I'm with you MurielTheActor - I don't cry easily, but the scene when Roy opened the case and realised it was full of his trains from his childhood was almost unbearably moving. I love Roy so much.

miffybun73 Sat 18-May-13 22:15:39

Disclaimer - I do realise that it's not real life, honestly blush

miffybun73 Sat 18-May-13 22:18:18

grin at mini-Barrowman

buzzgirly Sun 19-May-13 08:32:08

I think I'll join this thread , dh is sick of hearing my corrie rants!

Please god, get rid of Fiz! I feel throwing the tv out the window every time she speaks. That whiny voice grr. Also get rid of Michelle, Michelle's son, Rob, Tracy, Dev, Anna, Gary, Izzy and Katie. Whenever those are in a scene I fast forward it - very dull story lines.

I was on holiday last week so never saw corrie at all, just about to catch up with the omnibus.

buzzgirly Sun 19-May-13 08:32:52

Almost forgot definitely get rid if Carl - I have lost all interest in the pub fire!

Housemum Sun 19-May-13 09:01:45

Desperate for the whole fire business to be done, but read a spoiler that talks of their wedding so it's going to be more than a week...

Just please somebody give ALL the cast acting lessons with mugs of tea - fed up with people pouring a fresh brew, then instantly drinking it (asbestos mouth) or winging the cup around making it obvious there's nothing in it.

And when did competent (but not smart when it came to men) Gail become just a bit simple and needy?

Bakingnovice Sun 19-May-13 09:13:50

Yes! Yes I agree. Fiz needs to go. And can she take hope and Tyrone with her please.

Orenishii Sun 19-May-13 10:37:48

I have a question about Roy's dads name: I have subtitles on because of napping baby and they write it as St John. But when I've had the sound up it sounds like they say Sinjin? To be honest either name is odd.

I'm bloody northern too - I should be able to understand them!

Housemum Sun 19-May-13 10:51:50

"St John" is pronounced "Sinjun", one of those weird names like Menzies ("mingis") and Beauvoir (Beaver) - think it's designed to separate the posh from us oiks!

Numberlock Sun 19-May-13 11:16:44

Had to laugh at Gloria saying £80k would buy her round the clock nursing care for as long s she needs it.

Hate how she's allowed herself to be bullied into parting with the money.

FannyMcNally Sun 19-May-13 11:21:37

They're 10k short and you just know Leanne is going to be strong-armed into coughing up.

Once the insurance company find out that Karl started the fire deliberately will anyone get their money back or does the condition still stand?

MrsSalvoMontalbano Sun 19-May-13 12:10:11

Completely agree with Muriel about Royston.
Just watched in itvplayer, and his were the only scenes worth watching - and I'm glad his dad's wife was such a nice person.
Lazy scriptwriting tho' - since when could you pay cash for a school trip the night before it leaves? And since Roy had an address for his, is far far more likely he'd have written.
I thought Izzy wasn't drinking during the pregnancy in solidarity with Tina.
Why do Corrie people, especially Stella etc with low or no income drink so much ion the bistro - surely most people more likely to celebrate with a bottle of wine for a tenner in Tescos Freshcos?

MrsSalvoMontalbano Sun 19-May-13 12:11:34

I mean three bottles of wine for a tenner grin

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 19-May-13 13:01:16

Oh yes - agree about getting rid of Fizz. Please.

I think it was an episode last week where she told Hope to put her food in her "cake hole". Yuck <judgyknickers>

Lighthousekeeping Sun 19-May-13 13:56:36

grin she's as common as muck. I'm so peed off with corrie I just fast forward it. Where's the gay midwife these days?

buzzgirly Sun 19-May-13 16:38:22

So I watched or fast forwarded most of the omnibus this morning. It was pretty dull.

Stella is very annoying, why she would take Karl back in the first place is beyond me. Also why is everyone giving Owen such a hard time about him wanting his money? I know he's not very pleasant, but he's working so needs paying. I really wanted to like Stella and the family, but I can't seem to take to them.

And agree with Tina about Gary - what would she see in him?! Tommy is much easier on the eye wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.