Wanted Down Under BBC1 9.15am. Watch and tut here.

(1000 Posts)

Hi all. Shiny new thread. smile

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 30-Jan-13 08:09:17

Oh my biggest tut is when the main reason they want to go is for the "Outdoor Lifestyle".

Seriously, if you haven't had the inclination to go outside while living in the UK, then you won't have the inclination once you live in Australia. It is not a holiday.

Oodsigma Wed 30-Jan-13 08:47:53

I was too late to join the last one but I often get sucked into this. My tuts are usually around the huge difference in views between the couple and totally unrealistic lifestyle plans

MrsReiver Wed 30-Jan-13 09:13:42

Introducing my poorly DS to WDU this morning as he's off school, wee soul. Just given him the ground rules of when to tut and hoik his judgey pants.

Hi all. A revisited then.

Horsemad Wed 30-Jan-13 09:18:14

I remember this couple from their original prog.

MrsReiver Wed 30-Jan-13 09:18:28

I don't think I've seen this one before, I'd have left that stroppy teenager at the airport.

I haven't seen this lot. If they didn't go though, isn't the revisit a bit pointless?

MrsReiver Wed 30-Jan-13 09:21:07

"Decisions will be made around whether it's the right move for us"

Nothing gets past him does it?

EightToSixer Wed 30-Jan-13 09:21:37

Am I allowed to judge their original Swansea house?

Just checking the rules

MrsReiver Wed 30-Jan-13 09:22:51

Oh yes! The estate agents visit is one of the best bits.

That's not a pool love, that's a hot tub.

Is Jakey a bit spoilt?

Oh yes Eight judging recommended.

SomeBear Wed 30-Jan-13 09:24:03

I don't remember this family either, I think I missed a series when I had to work mornings. Another teenage daughter with her own dad and life to leave behind. That's an impossible decision to make at just 19.

They only do revisits for families that went, surely? Otherwise it's just a repeat...

MrsReiver Wed 30-Jan-13 09:24:06

No way they're going to be able to afford that.

WTF is that?

Ahem. Just moved back from Perth here. Joondalup is a shithole

annh Wed 30-Jan-13 09:24:31

The first house is a bit overpriced??? And they would be basing that judgement on what? Their in-depth knowledge of the Oz property market? grin

Picky picky picky. angry

ooh Jakey has a pool. hmm

I wonder if they include the stamp duty in the price?

MrsReiver Wed 30-Jan-13 09:25:16

Nah, 30 years watching Neighbours and seeing students being able to rent 4 bed detached houses with pools.

Ooh scone some insider knowledge. Excellent. smile

Horsemad Wed 30-Jan-13 09:26:09

Oh they do make me larfff these people!

annh Wed 30-Jan-13 09:26:10

Kirsty is a barrel of laugh, isn't she?

O00h! oooh! oooh! is it on now? Please keep me updated grin <<<winning smile

I'm just off to get my kids from school so won't get to see it till tomorrow.

Just watched yesterdays one and they were a lovely couple and so pleased that they agree and want to go together. Though I must admit her soft voice did get on my nerves a bit. And what the hell was Nicky doing in all that foliage??

malteserzz Wed 30-Jan-13 09:26:38

Cruel to make a 19 year old choose to live the other side of the world to either her mum or dad ! I don't think they'll go

Yup! Perth is beautiful but dear Christ above it is expensive. We lived in a two bed apartment in the city and it cost 450 quid. A week. shock

This thread is not accepting new messages.