Strictly Come Dancing 2012 Thread 4. Sparkly and shiny and MAHR-VO-LOUS!

(998 Posts)
AndiMac Sun 18-Nov-12 13:01:44

Just starting a new thread before tonight's elimination, as I'm sure we'll all have something to say about that.

LetUsPrey Sun 18-Nov-12 15:21:32

Didn't watch last night. I watched the last five minutes or so to see the clips of the dances and the scoreboard. Can't say i'm that bothered about watching it, although TBH the comments on the previous thread have been very helpfulgrin

I have seen the results as I can never wait for the Sunday show.

ScatterChasse Sun 18-Nov-12 15:22:23

I don't think Lisa'a always that good either... she was at the beginning, but she seems to be getting similar corrections for every dance now.

Also I'm finding it harder and harder to muster up enthusiasm for some of the fast Latin...there just seems to be too many of them, and all to rotten music!

I'd quite like a week of just rumbas and Viennese waltzes tbh.

Thanks for the new thread Andi. grin

Glad someone else pointed out that the Charleston choreography was not James's, and in fact had to be changed because he couldn't do the neck isolations.

I would like them to leave in this order:

Richard
Nicky
Victoria
Lisa
Michael
Kimberley
Louis
DVO
Dani

I want Dani to win. I would also MUCH rather Vincent won than James.
I think Lisa is not very good technically, but I think Michael will go before her if he stuffs up a Latin dance.

cocolepew Sun 18-Nov-12 15:46:13

marking place smile

ppeatfruit Sun 18-Nov-12 15:59:15

Interesting about the choreo. does anyone know if the dancers\pros. are just helped or do the actual choreos. do it ALL ?

ScatterChasse Sun 18-Nov-12 16:01:15

They used to do ten normal ones themselves and be helped for the ones they didn't know (so salsa, AT and now charleston) but I don't know if that's still the same.

FrankelDeBeauvoir Sun 18-Nov-12 16:01:46

Marking my spot grin

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sun 18-Nov-12 18:16:41

Room for one more?

Just marking my place smile

RedZombie Sun 18-Nov-12 18:33:56

Evening all.
Looking forward to the results show. I think it might be Richard vs Victoria or micheal. Richard to go not before time either

Badvocsanta Sun 18-Nov-12 18:40:36

Think it will be Richard and Victoria in bottom 2.
What was Brendan thinking??
Wouldn't mind either going tbh.
My ds1 (aged 9) had correctly predicted the last 3 winners from the first show....I am sorry to say he thinks Denise and James will win sad
Hope not.
Anyne but them actually.
Like Louis, Lisa and Kimberley. Michael is doing well in ballroom, shame about the Latin! I think he is the most improved though. Brendan pushes Victoria around the floor...glad Bruno picked up on that last week.

FrankelDeBeauvoir Sun 18-Nov-12 18:58:37

I had a dance lesson this morning, my teacher said she's tempted to send Len (who she knows well) an email to tell him to pull Darcey up on her mistakes grin

Minimammoth Sun 18-Nov-12 18:59:30

Also marking place. I too would love to see Vincent and Dani in the final. Thumbs down for DVO. Don't know why but there ya go. Victoria must go, I get tired just thinking of the emotional input that must have to go in every week. Hard work IMO.

dementedma Sun 18-Nov-12 19:01:35

Hope Victoria goes, she is scary!

Ok, finished watching it and reading through all yesterday's comments.

My verdict is:

Tess's dress was awful but she was less anoying than usual
Bruce - well, same old, same old. He was a bit abrupt with RA but RA was making a complete tit of himself and loweering the tone.
VTs being mainly of rehearsal and not silly staged comedy moments is a great improvement
Music was not great, almost impossible in that arena and some poor music choices this week.

I think Victoria should go, at least Richard has had some good weeks. I didn't like the bicycle thing, am also convinced that Brendan was twirling his cloak while they unstrapped VP off camera.

Kimberley was so-so and overmarked.
DVO was awful but did dance well IYSWIM
Dani and Vincent are so endearing but I don't think they will win
Louis has gone right off the boil
I have never taken to Natalie before but I am loving her this year.

ScatterChasse Sun 18-Nov-12 19:23:55

Grrr at some of the camerawork...the bits I saw of that looked really good!

Minimammoth Sun 18-Nov-12 19:25:26

Claudia's had her fringe cut!!

AndiMac Sun 18-Nov-12 19:26:59

I liked that opening number.

cocolepew Sun 18-Nov-12 19:27:22

Love Tess' dress.

AndiMac Sun 18-Nov-12 19:27:44

Ooh, and Claudia is wearing something less sack-like!

Doinmummy Sun 18-Nov-12 19:29:00

Please make Darcy talk properly without that awful rise in her voice at the end of every sentence.

cocolepew Sun 18-Nov-12 19:31:00

Doesn't Natalie look glamourous envy

EnjoyResponsibly Sun 18-Nov-12 19:31:14

Whoknows good summary.

I think it is very poor form to have Girls Aloud on whilst kimboreley is still in the show.

In fact I think it's poor form to have Girls Aloud on at all angry

Like both their dresses, but claud looks orange- for wembley or the wedding do you reckon?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now