Corrie addicts! [Possible spoilers]

(1000 Posts)
kenanddreary Fri 16-Nov-12 19:26:09

So what do we all make of Marcus and Maria now? Think people are being a tad unfair on them. Even Kirk!!!

Loved Steve locking rob in the van.

Looking forward to seeing where the Tina pregnancy thread will go - hope Tommy comes to terms with it all. Loved the happy faces of Izzy and Gary.

Bakingnovice Thu 07-Feb-13 18:46:06

Oh yes bloody kylie. Why the fuck didn't she tell nick what Lewis was planning? Or just deny it and say it was only a snog? And surely Gail can manage the repayments on 40k herself with her jp seekers allowance. Blardy ridiculous I tell you.

I wish Kirsty would beat fizz up. She right gets on my nerves since getting with tiresome ty. Bore off both of you. And aud should return hails money.

Bakingnovice Thu 07-Feb-13 18:46:21

Gail not hail.

Nancy66 Thu 07-Feb-13 18:50:32

I've just read ahead to see what happens next week.

A whole week of tiresome Ty and Fizz on the run bollox to look forward to....and they've only gone to Wales!

YouOldSlag Thu 07-Feb-13 18:51:18

Lee- yes and Kirsty has taken over Tyrone's house and had the locks changed even though it belongs to him and they're not married.

LeeCoakley Thu 07-Feb-13 18:57:08

Oh no Nancy shock. How utterly boring.

YouOldSlag Thu 07-Feb-13 19:02:28

Yes, I'm getting tired of the Fizz/Ty/Kirsty writers now. It's like they're stringing it out for their amusement now as if they're on a power trip.

It was a great storyline and could have done a lot of good, but they are spreading it very thin now and people will just get bored and drift off.

whatkungfuthat Thu 07-Feb-13 19:08:32

The soap woman on This Morning said something today that made me think its going to drag on a lot longer

YouOldSlag Thu 07-Feb-13 19:15:21

It's like a masterclass on how to lose viewers' interest.

By the time Kirsty gets her come uppance, we'll all be watching something else on Sky Plus and saying "is that still going on?" and since it will probably be Christmas by then we'll be saying "Pass the Quality Street".

LineRunner Thu 07-Feb-13 19:20:59

The writers are shockingly bad.

Even Roy's mother has lost her cranky allure.

LarkinSky Thu 07-Feb-13 21:13:54

I feel let down by Corrie after a really good run of plots, and for the first time in many years am taking a Corrie break (although clearly not a break from this thread yet). I have however cancelled the series recording on my digibox. So that means I'm serious. I'll come back which Tyrone gets his happy-ever-after moment.

Bakingnovice Thu 07-Feb-13 22:30:31

Nancy thanks for the warning. Like Larkin I am actually taking corrie off series link for the first time in years. It's just dire. I cannot watch any more episodes of fuzz face and tyred. I actually can't bear it.

PaintedBottom Thu 07-Feb-13 22:42:08

I'm trying but failing to take a Corrie break for a while, but I'll almost definitely find myself tuning in tomorrow night as usual.....seems I can't keep away! No idea what is attracting me to it though? hmm Kirsty's charming personality? Gail's simpering eyelash flutteriness? Fizz and her amazing growing baby? Rob, Tracey, Leanne, Faye, Carla, Michelle......... <urgh>

The best bit recently was David's face when Lewis said he was a weasel! Oh and the built up shoe line! grin

Bakingnovice Thu 07-Feb-13 22:46:24

David's face was brilliant. He used to be one of my favourite characters in soap land, he got all the funny one liners but then he got with kylie and became v dull. His 'disgusting' line and weasel face just cracked me up.

PaintedBottom Fri 08-Feb-13 10:39:47

See, Baking I never liked David when he was a kid.....I think the only endearing scene when he was little was when his rabbit died....or something. But as he's grown up, he's getting some really funny one liners grin

Who else votes the Meerkats actually make an appearance in the street with the other characters? Sergei could accidently on purpose get under kirsy's feet, trip her over, then in true Gullivers Travels style, the other meekats can tie her up........not really thought out the rest of the scene yet, I need more coffee <yawn>

PaintedBottom Fri 08-Feb-13 10:42:06

The above story line could also apply to Tracey, Dreary, Kenneth, Gail, Mandy, Jenna, Sal, Julie, Rob, Ryan.....take your pick. hmm

alemci Fri 08-Feb-13 10:44:57

I don't like the Meercats either. They get on my nerves. Preferred Harveys.

Mind you I quite like your idea with Kirsty. Bit Willie Wonkaish.

ajandjjmum Fri 08-Feb-13 12:05:06

No - meercats are loads better than those stupid women! All for them tying up Kirsty though! grin

whatkungfuthat Fri 08-Feb-13 15:39:58

I've just read the Digital Spy spoilers <bangs head on table>

YouOldSlag Fri 08-Feb-13 16:06:44

kungfu- anything new or same old same old?

whatkungfuthat Fri 08-Feb-13 16:34:01

Same old same old but an escalation in ridiculousness (if that's possible)

PipIsOutNow Fri 08-Feb-13 17:34:54

Kung fu are u able to share what you read? I'm intrigued!

YouOldSlag Fri 08-Feb-13 18:24:49

I think I know the spoilers you mean. Basically there is currently no light at the end of the tunnel.

whatkungfuthat Fri 08-Feb-13 18:40:41

YouOld is right, and there is more stupidity regarding Gail/Ratboy/The House which doesn't even make sense. A storyline with Roy's mum looks promising if they don't feck it up.

SoleSource Fri 08-Feb-13 19:49:31

How do you all find out about the future episodes?

LarkinSky Fri 08-Feb-13 21:00:14

SoleSource, spoilers for future episodes (normally about 7-10 days ahead) here: www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/

Doh, I'm really trying to boycott Corrie but couldn't find ANYTHING else to watch this evening, and really needed some light TV to go with my wine following difficult day with the DC. Come on scriptwriters, get it together!

This thread is not accepting new messages.