Corrie addicts! [Possible spoilers]

(1000 Posts)
kenanddreary Fri 16-Nov-12 19:26:09

So what do we all make of Marcus and Maria now? Think people are being a tad unfair on them. Even Kirk!!!

Loved Steve locking rob in the van.

Looking forward to seeing where the Tina pregnancy thread will go - hope Tommy comes to terms with it all. Loved the happy faces of Izzy and Gary.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Fri 25-Jan-13 20:08:05

Chippychop yes! And now Rob seems to have the hots for her when a few weeks ago she ruined his nephew's life to avenge Rob's SIL for being with the ex whose ex-wife she accused of murdering her unborn twins...

Bakingnovice Fri 25-Jan-13 20:31:02

Oh and speaking of good one liners. Loved this one from Karl. He ruined the twins birthday by being a moody drunk and had already spent the night at Stella's:

Sunita: we need to talk.
Karl: what's to say? Your apology means nothing to me.

Hahaa.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 25-Jan-13 20:41:36

Do the police not investigate anything properly either?
This is making me want to stop watching.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Fri 25-Jan-13 20:58:45

indeed, but what an impossible job for the police sad

alemci Fri 25-Jan-13 21:20:29

wouldn't Tyrone have had the sense to put the photos somewhere safe or even had a hard copy developed. Couldn't he have taken them to the police or social services rather than attempted to marry Kirsty.

Wouldn't Kevin have remembered Tyrone had a split lip. Also didn't Tyrone go to the hospital at one point with injuries. Didn't she break his rib.

Also Fiz hurt her finger in the factory. Wouldn't the police have that on record.

This story is becoming very frustrating as there is evidence against Kirsty not just heresay.

Numberlock Fri 25-Jan-13 21:27:10

... not to mention it's his house that she's having the locks changed to! Getting really annoyed lol.

SoleSource Fri 25-Jan-13 21:33:53

Watching second episode on itv +1

Poor Tyrone

lovelychops Fri 25-Jan-13 21:45:10

Thought this was a really good issue for Corrie to tackle initially, but it's become a farce.
Think the affair with Fizz was unnecessary and it put a proportion of 'blame' onto Tyrone. (Obviously he doesn't deserve what was happening but the story just got complicated by it).
As other people have mentioned, why would you not keep copies of photos, put a lock on the phone's keypad etc.
Why is all the other evidence against Kirsty being ignored? Her dismissal from the police, other allegations against her in the past.
It's getting a bit boring now. The way Julie and Elieen all automatically believe Kirsty etc.
It's hardly going to encourage men to speak out and I think Corrie have a level of responsibility and missed an opportunity with this storyline.
It's going to get dragged out for ages. Things either move at lightning speed eg the surrogacy or it goes on way too long.
Also, on soaps in general the police and social workers are always really over the top and unrealistic!!

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 25-Jan-13 21:54:34

It's showing men that they won't be believed. Very disappointing as I think both actors have done it justice up to the farcical wedding.

Bakingnovice Fri 25-Jan-13 21:56:54

Poor kylie. First the massive bun on her head and now the ever increasing high quiff. Someone in makeup doesn't like her...

whatkungfuthat Sat 26-Jan-13 16:59:18

So, are we going to take a guess at how it's resolved? Some possibilities:

1. Fiz finds the pics in her 'sent' folder on her phone
2. Someone comes forward from Kirsty's past and claims she has form for it
3. Kirsty goes wild at someone else (hopefully not Ruby) and everyone sees

Any suggestions?

Binfullofresolutionsfor10thjan Sat 26-Jan-13 17:59:52

Ok my suggestion:

Tina continues to be really angry on Ty's behalf and sets up a situation to bait Kirsty. Kirsty goes for Tina and Tina loses the surrogate baby through injury. Owen goes mad and drags Kirsty to the canal (we haven't had the canal in for ages, must be time) and dumps her in it.

Tyrone and Fizz have an alibi - they had a visitation for Ruby with a social worker.

<<ponders new career as Corrie scriptwriter>> grin

Bakingnovice Sat 26-Jan-13 23:21:58

Ooh yes. I like binfull. Anything which ends the surrogacy is fine by me.

YouOldSlag Sun 27-Jan-13 00:12:31

When Fizz went to see Kirsty the other day I said to DH "I bet she's recording this" (meaning Fizz). but she wasn't! If I can see a really obvious plot opportunity, why can't the writers?

They need to get Kirsty confessing to everything and bragging about having the police wrapped round her finger, and then either get someone to hear it or tape it.

Then they should show a long line of people queueing outside Tyrone's front door with an apology and a casserole.

Also- how come Eileen can just decide to send Jason round to change the locks on Tyrone's house when a) its not Kirsty's house b) it sure ain't Eileen's house! and c) Kirsty isn't even married to Tyrone and the house is technically nothing to do with her..

I thought Fizz was going to record it too. Otherwise why would she go round? There's obviously no reasoning with such a twisted person, especially to the "other woman."

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 27-Jan-13 09:32:42

Have you seen the video of them dancing in the church between takes - it's all over Facebook at the moment. Really funny.

Bakingnovice Sun 27-Jan-13 13:00:27

Off to google it ken.

I'm a few weeks behind but am very very miffed by something daft. They changed baby ruby to a completely different one. The first ruby looked so much like Kirsty.

I just watched the wedding episode. What a joke. So farcical.

Has anyone else noticed that annoying Anna has regained her curves and is no longer a size 8?

Oh and my biggest rant is reserved for rob. His story is just totally non believable!! He dashes to clients and wins all the orders. With no machinists, no factory? Where are the workers. As if. As if you'd line up a meeting with a factory owner and just because someone turns up 5 minutes before you'd offer them your contract. Then, to make even more ridic he demands 30% of the business and gets it!! No money changing hands no buying into the business. This frOm someone who got out of prison 6 months ago and now is in an expert in knickers!! Wtf.

Ruprekt Sun 27-Jan-13 13:04:52

Ahhh Ivy Tilsley! Remember her? And she got sacked for getting her lips done!

She looked like a toad!

Bakingnovice Sun 27-Jan-13 13:07:19

Can you post a link ken? I can't find it.

porridgewithalmondmilk Sun 27-Jan-13 18:38:52

Haha binful

What on earth has happened to the kebab shop Tracey and Ryan worked at anyway?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 27-Jan-13 20:03:56

I'm trying to find a link but it's only on FB, will keep trying !

Ken what do you search for on Facebook?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 27-Jan-13 20:26:47

It was on a friend's newsfeed

qazxc Sun 27-Jan-13 22:07:06

am i the only one who didn't like the fact that tyrone and fizz were planning to do a runner with kirsty's baby. i know she abused tyrone but has never abused ruby, and if he worried they could start off with her having supervised contact. surely nobody deserves to have their child kidnapped when they have never harmed said child.

Ruprekt Sun 27-Jan-13 22:12:01

Has someone kidnapped Baby Jack cos Kevin seems to spend a hell of a lot of time without him. I have never seen such a laid back carefree single Dad!

I do wish they would not have babies in the street so often if we arent going to see them. Hope has vanished too!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.