Corrie addicts! [Possible spoilers]

(1000 Posts)
kenanddreary Fri 16-Nov-12 19:26:09

So what do we all make of Marcus and Maria now? Think people are being a tad unfair on them. Even Kirk!!!

Loved Steve locking rob in the van.

Looking forward to seeing where the Tina pregnancy thread will go - hope Tommy comes to terms with it all. Loved the happy faces of Izzy and Gary.

IWorshipSatin Tue 22-Jan-13 11:58:24

I think the photos she saw were in the media files bit weren't they? I assume she deleted them because she knows they were being stored for evidence (though are recoverable, I assume). The photos were taken on his phone and weren't sent as texts I don't think. Fiz sort of had that dawning realisation herself last night when she mentioned the photos to chez and then said "... but now she's got the phone!"

Seductive Gail is truly sickening, there ought to be a warning before each episode for those of us who are of a sensitive disposition.

Boomeringue Tue 22-Jan-13 12:08:30

Haha,baby Ruby.....afro.....bald!

theliverpoolone Tue 22-Jan-13 12:57:00

No, the photos were taken on Fiz's phone. She sent them to Tyrones as texts, as she said she found it too upsetting to have them on her phone sad. The whole phone reveal thing could have been avoided if he'd taken his phone with him on his night away before the wedding instead of putting it back in the paint tin - but obviously wouldnt have led to such dramatic telly!

IWorshipSatin Tue 22-Jan-13 13:22:37

"No, the photos were taken on Fiz's phone. She sent them to Tyrones as texts, as she said she found it too upsetting to have them on her phone" Ah right, on another forum I read that they were taken with Tyrone's phone. That's a relief. Won't they be in her 'sent' box then, she may not have deleted them entirely and might have only deleted them from the media files. Lets hope she has an iphone and it was all backed up too!

Kenanddreary Wed 23-Jan-13 19:21:35

Oh please someone restore my faith in corrie script writing and tell me Kirsty will get found out!! I don't care if I get a spoiler- anything to keep me watching.

I am the biggest corrie fan ever but this is getting to me big time!!

FogClearing Wed 23-Jan-13 19:28:14

I can't stand this, spoil it please let me know this liar is going to be found out.

Binfullofresolutionsfor10thjan Wed 23-Jan-13 19:30:06

She wasn't going to down without a fight, was she?

Anyone else shouting at the Telly?

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 23-Jan-13 19:30:25

Bloody hell Eileen was a right cow there. This is all getting a bit daft.

Lozario Wed 23-Jan-13 20:28:01

Yes this is getting a bit much for me too. I might have to stop watching for a couple of weekssad

LeeCoakley Wed 23-Jan-13 20:43:30

Another one here who wants this wrapped up. It can't get any worse for Tyrone so now the whole storyline needs bringing to a close and order restored. And agree that Gail's eyelid-fluttering scenes are repulsive and need to be CUT OUT. NOW.

LeeCoakley Wed 23-Jan-13 20:52:08

Tyrone's just won an award at the National TV awards! Well done!

snowiceslush Wed 23-Jan-13 20:55:13

Was disappointed with storyline. What a complete let down! Surely Ty could have put the phone in his pocket and not down the sofa. He could have insisted on sitting down with a cuppa to retrieve the phone instead of leaving on Kirstys say so. He and Fiz had the perfect opportunity to let everyone know why the wedding was fake but oh no they kept their traps shut and now look what we have - Kirsty claiming she is the victim and Ruby carted off by Social Services. How much longer is this going to drag on for?

Don't get me started on Gail. Grrr can't stand her. That squeaky voice of hers pains my ears. How thick and desperate is she? I hope Lewis does rip her off! grin

snowiceslush Wed 23-Jan-13 20:56:44

Argh - Lee, I'm watching it on +1.

LeeCoakley Wed 23-Jan-13 21:22:45

Sorry! Won't give anything else away. Promise!

Aquelven Wed 23-Jan-13 23:00:16

The script writers might think it's dramatic but I think it's getting ridiculous now.
How come, all of a sudden, most of the street are willing to believe Ty is a wifebeater while Kirsty is pure as the driven snow? Especially when they've known him for years & seen her kicking off more than once.
Just wish they'd hurry up & finish the story.

Simpering Gail grin enough to put anyone off their hot pot.

whatkungfuthat Thu 24-Jan-13 07:43:45

Another one who wants it over. Gail is giving me the rage too, this whole winsome routine with Lewis and the way she holds a wine glass in both hands like it's huge, argh

YouOldSlag Thu 24-Jan-13 10:02:17

Last night's episode was unpleasant to watch.

We need too see the baddie get her come uppance soon! The audience will really go off this whole storyline if the writers drag it out much longer.

whatkungfuthat Thu 24-Jan-13 10:09:20

Had a quick look at Digital Spy. Without posting any spoilers it looks like the focus is going to switch to another storyline for a while, grrrr

Bakingnovice Thu 24-Jan-13 10:17:09

I think the whole storyline has been done really badly. Really poor writing. It started off brilliantly then descended into a farce. Almost a comedy of errors. Ty should never have got with fuzz. He should use any brain cell he has and get DNA done and see a solicitor. I know it's soap land but the comedy of errors really really trivialises such a serious storyline. As if ty would leave the phone there, as if fuzz would delete the photos entirely, as if neither they nor Tina tommy would all tell the truth, as if he wouldn't tell the police about his visit to drs after his last beating, as if the street wouldn't know he's just a dopey old sod and not capable of violence. Enough already. End the storyline.

And how many more weddings are going to be stopped corrie? We only had leanne and nicks not 4 weeks ago. Thank god they didn't show the second one. Couldnt have bared to watch Leanne gurning at the altar in one of her terrible outfits.

Kirsty was robbed of an award last night. I mean honestly ffs, joey off eastenders beat her to best newcomer. All he does is stand there and look moody. Kirsty should've won. She's a fantastic actress. Puts a lot of corrie actresses (fuzz, Tina, eva, Mandy, physio lady) to shame.

Final rant - will someone please accidentally on purpose drive over the annoying Mandy and the dull cold boring physio. If there was a worst newcomer award they'd win it hands down! Jenna looks old enough to be Lloyds partner let alone his daughter.

theliverpoolone Thu 24-Jan-13 11:00:49

I agree the scriptwriters are writing this poorly now, which is making me feel less emotionally involved with the story. I was annoyed last night when Kirsty asked Julie where Ty was and she said 'he's with Fiz'. When Julie got in the ambulance Ty had said he was staying with Ruby; it was only after the ambulance had gone that Fiz said she'd stay with him, so Julie wouldnt have known. It was hearing that that made Kirsty get the police and accuse Ty. Julie's character would have been much more likely to say 'he's looking after Ruby'.

YouOldSlag Thu 24-Jan-13 11:45:03

Agree totally- Natalie Gumede was robbed, she has done a fantastic job, really giving Kirsty a multi layered personality. Sometimes evil witch, sometimes damaged victim of bullying herself. Underneath, she wants love but is incapable of retaining it and she portrays that brilliantly.

I mean Joey off Eastenders? he's hardly been stretched as he? Hostile bad boy from central casting. Zzz.

Bakingnovice Thu 24-Jan-13 12:02:16

True. Kirsty's character is multilayered. Despite not really have the best writers on her side Kirsty has Natalie has really shown the different facets of her character. And she scares me when she gets going. It's very rare for me to find any soap character believable. She's brilliant.

As for joey. He's done nothing, a few kisses a few shirtless scenes, a few moody grunts at Derek. Makes a mockery of the awards.

pumpkinsweetieMasPudding Thu 24-Jan-13 12:11:34

I wanted to see kirsty get her commupence, surely people that have known Tyrone for years wouldn't' fall for her lies.
The script writers went all wrong with last nights episode, and haven't made things look good for battered men in rl, after watching that they will never seek help.
The lady that plays kirsty is such a great actress though, let's hope they turn the,story around soon.

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 24-Jan-13 12:18:10

I was really shocked Natalie didn't win the award last night she deserved too she's absolutely fab.
I agree with the way this storyline has gone not south the neighbours turning against Ty I could see that but I think him getting involved with Fiz was another layer this storyline didn't need. Hopefully they can get it back on track as I've really liked watching Kirsty and want her to go out with a bang

pumpkinsweetieMasPudding Thu 24-Jan-13 12:26:44

Me too wish, it must have been fixed angry

This thread is not accepting new messages.