The Walking Dead season 3 aka the Darryl Dixon fan club

(714 Posts)
anonacfr Sun 14-Oct-12 19:33:09

Can't wait! Anyone watching it to tonight?

Figgygal Sun 25-Nov-12 19:41:19

I just don't like the gore hate horror progs/films usually!!

I've got into a bad habit on googling Sunday nights episode in the US on a Monday and spoiling Fridays have to not this week have a feeling it's gonna be a good un

anonacfr Sun 25-Nov-12 21:19:19

Funny how a lot of the fans on the TWOP boards are saying the most disgusting thing ever on the show has been Andrea shagging the Governor... grin

anonacfr Sun 25-Nov-12 21:21:23

The horse being eaten alive in the first episode was awful.

There was a particularly sad touch at the beginning of the second series where they found the car pile-up. They showed a gore splattered toddler carseat. That made me tear up...

Tillyboo Sun 25-Nov-12 22:37:07

The horse being dragged down & eaten really affected me too. That was just horrible .... I love horses ! I guess all the animals have been chomped as we don't see any stray dogs or cats etc.

Are there any zombie animals ????

Re the guts things, Rick & Glen were fine until it rained & the gunk was getting washed off them, hence the walkers could smell them again.

SilverSky Sun 25-Nov-12 22:40:09

Let's not talk about that poor horse sad. I know it's not real but still......

Gore doesnt bother me in the slightest <disturbed>

NoHank Mon 26-Nov-12 10:52:22

That poor horse was the saddest part of S1 for me too. Especially as when Rick caught him I'm pretty sure I remember him talking to it saying he was going to look after it or keep it safe or something.

I was shouting at the TV at Rick when the walkers got it for lying to it blush

What I want to know is when did Andrea find time to go to the Woodbury Beauty Salon to get her legs expertly waxed before jumping into bed with the guv? They were waaaay to smooth and shiny for someone who has spent the last 9 months running away from zombies grin

susiedaisy Mon 26-Nov-12 17:34:26

Just watched it, glad Michonne got the baby milk to them!

JKSLtd Mon 26-Nov-12 20:24:24

Just watched it smile

Lol at Andrea getting her legs waxed! Maybe cos she's a blonde they show less? confused

Love Michonne <girl crush>

Guess she'll tell them about Merle & him taking the other 2, so there'll have to be some sort of attack on Woodbury?

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 26-Nov-12 22:12:57

Finally watched and avoid this thread till I do watch grin

Don't understand the gut thing - as others have said surely if that's all it took was a dab of gore then all would wear it

Think rick is hallucinating with the phone calls

Yah for more milk esp as they like making huge bottles and wasting 6oz each time as new born babies wouldn't drink more then 2 oz at each feed

Shagging guvenors - tut tut

NoHank Tue 27-Nov-12 09:50:48

Also, I think Herschel will suss out Rick hallucinating the phone calls. Rick passed him the phone to listen to. I'm guessing it was dead / no ring tone so Herschel will realise there was no way Rick could be talking to anyone on it.

I think he might be biding his time and just keeping an eye on Rick for the time being to see just how doolally he goes.

Does anyone else find themselves thinking about these things while doing the ironing, going to work etc? Please say it's not just me grin

wintera Tue 27-Nov-12 11:38:24

Aww did anyone else cry when Rick picked up the baby? Or was it just me? Loving Andrew Lincoln at the mo, such a good actor bless him!

wintera Tue 27-Nov-12 11:39:33

Also loved that very last scene - the look between Michonne and Rick, very well done indeed.

Elsqueak Tue 27-Nov-12 11:45:01

Ha ha! Yep. I like to think these things over too! Breast feeding gives you loads of time to consider fictional zombie situations.
Things like: will Daryl still be the hardnut with a heart of gold once Merle enters his life again? When will Andrea wake up and smell the badness of Woodbury?

Up thread someone mentioned the toddler carsseat moment...that image has haunted me more than the horse dying...just hideous.

Elsqueak Tue 27-Nov-12 11:48:38

Yes, Andrew Lincoln is so good as Rick.

JKSLtd Tue 27-Nov-12 11:51:14

I too think over the scenarios at random times!

So, in Woodbury, if someone dies of natural causes, they will still turn then right? You'd have to be on your guard all the time. I mean what if your DH had a heart attack in the night and died, he'd have bitten you before you knew what was going on!

I do think the phone calls were in his head, and Herschel knew that. But i don't like that really as it does feel a bit too Lost-like for me. If this programme goes that way I'll have to give up, Lost drove me crazy, too many wasted hours on nonsense by the end.

Elsqueak Tue 27-Nov-12 12:13:41

Urgh, Lost had so much potential and nose dived so bad. I still watched it to the end but how many hours of my life am I not going to get back???!

Surely tv execs everywhere took note? AMC can't let it go that way...

JennyPiccolo Tue 27-Nov-12 16:33:40

Just started watching it from the beginning. How much of a babe is Andrew Lincoln? And how annoying is lori, the bug eyed homewrecker.

anonacfr Tue 27-Nov-12 19:18:22

The phone calls were definitely in his head, they were the voices of all the S1 dead as well as Lori.
I think he needed that crazy phase to get over his grief and guilt and actually 'come back'. The scene where he holds the baby was lovely.

Having seen one more episode I now think Carl is the best kid ever. What is wrong with me?

Sadly BRACE YOURSELVES EVERYONE there are only 2 (1 for the American viewers) episodes left before the effing mid season break, until the show resumes some time in...... February. AMC wankers.

FivesAndNorks Tue 27-Nov-12 19:21:49

Yes I assumedhe had for want of a better phase "pulled himself together" and got over the crazy

wintera Tue 27-Nov-12 20:33:37

I like Carl now. Funny how he was quite an annoying kid last season and now he's really grown on me.

NoHank Tue 27-Nov-12 20:38:59

Looking forward to seeing what Carl does to redeem himself

What am I going to do without my Friday night zombie fix?

Although if I still have 2 left to go that will take us into December and maybe Christmas will take my mind off the waiting. I've got no idea how I'm going to get through January though grin

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 27-Nov-12 22:17:07

Hopefully dexter will be back in jan grin

SilverSky Wed 28-Nov-12 04:36:08

Oh how I love Dexter too.

Talking of random, I was driving this evening and started thinking "Oooh what if...." and all WD thoughts crept in! <need to get out more>

AWimbaWay Fri 30-Nov-12 21:05:35

Looking forward to tonight's episode, Michonne finally meeting Rick and the others. Didn't realise they were doing the annoying mid season break again angry.

I'm also a huge Dexter fan and after last season's cliff hanger cannot wait for the new one to start!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now