Doctor Who Geeks , new thread!

(637 Posts)
TheAngelshavetheOod Sun 30-Sep-12 13:13:40

Hope no one else hasn't started one

cakebot River got to 1938 but the TARDIS couldn't. She said that it was because the vortex manipulator could sneak through

MurielTheActor Sun 12-May-13 17:55:39

The thing floating in space with the twinkling blue was a cyber mite. Loved that - the Cybermen will be back (of course)

KayHarker Sun 12-May-13 19:24:09

Just watched again with Dd1(11) who didn't watch it on Saturday. She loved it. I realized I have an enormous crush on Matt Smith blush

Pixel Sun 12-May-13 20:26:51

Mmm Soupdragon, I suppose you're right, hadn't thought of that. Although converting others is a way of eliminating them whilst swelling their own ranks. Don't suppose they can do that any other way! <tries not to think about cybermen on a date>.

Kay, me too. I think it's his voice. When he's being serious/wise Doctor he has a lovely deep tone that makes me go a bit funny blush.

KayHarker Sun 12-May-13 20:58:49

It's Tennant all over again - not much just to look at, but once he starts speaking and moving his face, I come over all un-necessary. Like his own horror at thinking slightly risqué thoughts about Clara.

RenterNomad Wed 15-May-13 20:16:04

Finally watched it. Neil Gaiman is a star, and that schizo arguing by Matt Smitg was brilliantly executed.

I love the idea that Clara is a distraction. After all, didn't the Doctor stop the Cyber horde by distracting them with that puzzle (winning in 3 moves)?

On the subject of hormonal reactions to the episode, wasn't Warwick Davis a bit of all right?! shock

marjproops Fri 17-May-13 19:15:00

LOL I thought the same aboiut Warwick Davis! very macho!

i hope so much this saturdays episode doesnt end up a wet squib.

KayHarker Fri 17-May-13 20:22:04

Warwick has a lovely smile.

I'm hopeful about the finale. No actually, I'm a little bit excited. Richard E Grant back again. Clara#s mystery revealed. Teasey nonsense about the Doctor's name. Something good has got to come out of that combination!

marjproops Fri 17-May-13 20:33:15

Warwicks on now on have i got news for you!

marjproops Fri 17-May-13 20:34:34

oops meant would i lie to you! which I just did grin

teejwood Fri 17-May-13 21:55:53

I don't think we'll see or hear the name. Or if we do, it'll be Gallifreyian gobbledegook. Actually, in the Tardis episode there were rows of what looked like perfume that were actually the Gallifreyian Encyclopaedia - maybe his name will be a scent or a liquid rather than a word?!

teejwood Fri 17-May-13 21:56:26

oh feck wrong thread. sorry wine

Oodsigma Sat 18-May-13 07:29:45

Fx we don't hear it. Bound to be a disappointment.

That was bloody good.

SoupDragon Sat 18-May-13 19:46:03

Fabulous.

LostInWales Sat 18-May-13 19:49:14

Oh <big satisfied sigh> that was epic. Fabulous.

PenguinBear Sat 18-May-13 19:50:42

Please someone PM and explain! I am confused about the ending and would love to discuss over PM as don't want to give spoilers out on here!

MurielTheActor Sat 18-May-13 19:56:47

OMFG!
(that's all)

MamaMumra Sat 18-May-13 19:57:14

Fantastic! I'm going to watch it again

Oodsigma Sat 18-May-13 19:57:30

shock

MavisGrind Sat 18-May-13 20:00:39

Finally, finally an episode that as properly epic. Have bundled ds off to bed promising to 'talk to people on the internet' to find out what it all meant. Poor thing (he's 6) was totally thrown by my 'bloody hell it's John Hurt' and now thinks 'John Hurt' is some Whovian character..!

It's a long time until November...

Redcliff Sat 18-May-13 20:02:58

Loved it - I think I was holding my breath for the last ten mins

RustyBear Sat 18-May-13 20:04:41

I think the mention of the Valeyard is a clue...

I want to watch it again, but DH wants to watch Eurovision...

ShadeofViolet Sat 18-May-13 20:06:23

Were there and David Tennants running about? I saw every other Doctor but him.

MamaMumra Sat 18-May-13 20:06:32

His jacket...

NoHank Sat 18-May-13 20:08:10

Whaaaaaat????

Anyone else expecting DT to turn around? No? Just me?

Well I loved it. I really enjoy the eps with Jenny and Madame Lizard (sorry, can't remember her name) and potato head has some cracking one liners.

Loved the scene with River. I actually sobbed like a baby cried.

And the reference to Glasgow grin

I have been thinking on the build up to this one that I didn't think Clara deserved to be the one to find out the Dr's name if it was disclosed IYSWIM? I just felt that for me she hasn't built up that relationship with him yet so I was glad with how it was played out. Also I liked the way that Clara's character was explained in a way I could sort of understand.

I really wanted Suranne Jones to pop up at some point too

Roll on November. Anyone else wishing summer away? Can't wait for Dr Who and Walking Dead to return...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now