West Wing! [spoilers]

(191 Posts)
FrankelSaysRelax Fri 07-Sep-12 11:36:15

I can't find the old thread, so thought I'd start a new one grin

Is anyone else following the US election and finding themselves comparing everything to TWW?!

I found this on the BBC website and was impressed to realise I knew what most of them were, thanks to TWW!

changeforthebetterforObama Fri 16-Nov-12 20:41:55

<smug about revised user name>
Anyone else imagining Obama walking down to Congress like Bartlet did to avoid the "fiscal cliff"?

FrankelDeBeauvoir Sat 17-Nov-12 21:29:15

Currently watching my second favourite episode - A Good Day, the one with the stem cell research vote.

Perfection <sigh>

McNally Sun 18-Nov-12 00:32:35

Very excited to have found this thread! Working my way through for the second time and just finished the second series (my favourite - especially Two Cathedrals). Love that it is even better the second time!

changeforthebetterforObama Tue 20-Nov-12 21:01:36

I love that one too Frankel!

Nevertalktomeduringthejackal Wed 21-Nov-12 00:54:24

Aah, I watched "Twenty-Five" today, where Zoe has just been kidnapped. Truly brilliant, especially Toby - "I don't want to alarm you or anything, but I'm Dad," and his spiel about babies coming with hats. Sigh. I definitely always need that pick-me-up after the devastating scene where Andy tells him he is too sad - I actually FAST-FORWARDED through that this time, I find it unbearable! Yes he's sad, but he's Toby.

I found Andy and Toby's relationship fascinating - so well acted.

FrankelDeBeauvoir Wed 21-Nov-12 09:09:14

That's the thing about TWW, it's all so realistic - no one has a "perfect relationship" and everyone screws up from time to time.

Have you seen the Obama poster that's been seen in New York? The creator must be a TWW fan grin I'll see if I can find a link.

FrankelDeBeauvoir Wed 21-Nov-12 09:12:46

It's actually the front page of The New Yorker grin

Nevertalktomeduringthejackal Wed 21-Nov-12 09:56:02

Wow that is brilliant! I bawl when Josh says the final "what's next" talking to Santos after inauguration. No matter how many times I see the end of the series it always seems like the end of an era.

Wow, that sounds a bit tragic doesn't it!

Nevertalktomeduringthejackal Wed 21-Nov-12 10:00:03

I have read slightly back in the thread too, concerning whether Huck and Molly were conceived through IVF - I had always assumed that Andy and Toby "slipped back" for a few weeks, abruptly stopping when she became pregnant. I think because of "why don't you just do your job as a man and get that nice girl pregnant?"

FrankelDeBeauvoir Wed 21-Nov-12 10:38:08

I agree Nevertalk, that's what I have always assumed.

I live the flirting between CJ and Toby too - "Can this be one of those nights when we get sloshed and forget we're colleagues?" grin

Fiderer Thu 22-Nov-12 07:46:43

I assumed Toby and Andy had embryos frozen from when they were together. There was that flashback conversation about her immune system not recognising a pregnancy and her needing his blood cells, when they were in the middle of IVF after Bartlet was first elected.

Have just asked myself why this matters to me. I think it's because I'd hate to think of poor Toby getting his hopes up (no sniggering at the back) that Andy might come back to him <soppy emoticon>

Am posting here today because have just read a thread about Thanksgiving and someone mentioned Butterball turkey. Had to sit on my hands not to post this grin

FrankelDeBeauvoir Thu 22-Nov-12 21:39:59

"Holy mother of God, we caught him!"

Guess which episode I'm watching grin

Nevertalktomeduringthejackal Fri 23-Nov-12 00:38:02

* snigger * "hopes up" * snigger *.

I know it is heartbreaking to think of Toby thinking their relationship was about to begin again. Frankly though I just find the idea of her doing IVF alone BUT with her ex's sperm a bit strange? I think I can't see straight through my Toby-loving-goggles though.

That Butterball clip is one of my absolute favourites! "We should do that every week". And as for "we caught him," I remember very clearly telling to my Mum (who had watched the series many times before) just before I put that episode in that I was very worried (genuinely, as though they were actual friends) that Josh and Donna was never going to happen and I screamed when they kissed. Amazing moment.

I think one of the best Josh/Donna moments on the campaign trail is the episode where you see Vinick, Donna and Josh's days on the same day (ooh that makes no sense - very tired!) and Josh goes to knock on Donna's door but stops himself - oh my God, I could smell the longing through the television.

changeforthebetterforObama Fri 23-Nov-12 20:00:43

Wow Frankel that is definitely TWW-inspired!

Ahem, I think (with my PhD in Santosology grin that Josh says Holy Morher of God, we got him!

changeforthebetterforObama Fri 23-Nov-12 20:01:55

Or maybe Mother stupid iPad touch pad!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 17-Feb-13 14:03:57

Big ol' bump!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now