West Wing! [spoilers]

(191 Posts)
FrankelSaysRelax Fri 07-Sep-12 11:36:15

I can't find the old thread, so thought I'd start a new one grin

Is anyone else following the US election and finding themselves comparing everything to TWW?!

I found this on the BBC website and was impressed to realise I knew what most of them were, thanks to TWW!

grin

FrankelSaysRelax Thu 13-Sep-12 20:59:00

Jed: I could jump you right now
Abby: I could kill you right now
Jed: My thing's more fun

grin

EverythingInMjiniature Thu 13-Sep-12 21:38:59

Frankel is that the episode where they try to have sex for ages and everyone comes in and tony announces Andy's pregnancy?

CelstialNavigation Thu 13-Sep-12 21:41:40

ITSOTG, which has to be followed by The Midterms (so I can see Josh get better). And because he said "What's next"

Which has to be followed by Noel (because of Josh and Leo) which has to be followed by The Leadership Breakfast (so I can see Josh get better again and start a fire with Sam).

Then back to In This White House and on from there so I don't miss out all the amusing Ainsley bits.

That is my comfort viewing.

<CJ, you fell into the pool there...>

FrankelSaysRelax Thu 13-Sep-12 21:52:59

Everything, no its the episode in Season 1 when we find out about the MS. The President collapses in the oval office with flu and the First Lady cancels a trip to look after him.

CelstialNavigation Thu 13-Sep-12 22:04:18

My favorite foreplay-talk scene is when she sends Charlie in to tell him she is passing him fit to have sex with her after the shooting.

Fiderer Fri 14-Sep-12 08:59:16

I'd love to see a "Big Block of Cheese Day" at MNHQ.

Seeing what an 'ordinary' <guffaw> day involves, it'd be, to quote CJ, a "sight to see, I mean a sight to see" grin

FrankelSaysRelax Fri 14-Sep-12 09:15:20

grin @ the idea of a Big Block of Cheese Day at MNHQ. I have a vision of a queue of MNers outside HQ with their various campaigns.

OliviaLMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Sep-12 10:07:03

FrankelSaysRelax

grin @ the idea of a Big Block of Cheese Day at MNHQ. I have a vision of a queue of MNers outside HQ with their various campaigns.

<boggle> We would need a very big block of ice for the gin cheese.....
NB I have only just found.... THIS

<changes plans for afternoon...>

Fiderer Fri 14-Sep-12 10:08:23

"Total crackpot day" (Josh) grin

"It's 'Throw Open Our Office Doors To People Who Want To Discuss Things That
We Could Care Less About Day' " (Toby) Maybe not such a winner wink

OliviaLMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Sep-12 10:19:16

WHY WHY WHY do our cousins across the pond say "could care less" when they mean "could NOT care less"?

Fiderer Fri 14-Sep-12 10:23:02

I know. I hesitated, prevaricated, did other -ated things but felt obliged to quote as said.
<wrings hands>
<stops as it hurts as is daft>

But, it's Toby. We must excuse and endure.
<noble> <and more than a bit patronising>

"Big Block of Cheese Day at MNHQ" is a good idea, though, Olivia, heh?

FrankelSaysRelax Sat 15-Sep-12 17:39:12

Just watched CJ do The Jackal grin

That is all.

Yama Netherlands Sat 15-Sep-12 19:43:42

Dh and I had about a half hour conversation about why they say 'could care less'.

And Frankal - 'The Jackal' shouldn't be good but just is.

Pancakeflipper Sat 15-Sep-12 20:09:20

The other night DP was watching the news. It was on about the American elections.

He looked puzzled then said "I wondered who he was...". It was Obama.

He said "I still think the President is Martin Sheen. And I know they never think of a single word they say. Toby and Josh do it all."

Skelacia Sun 16-Sep-12 11:18:36

We're just watching the last few episodes of S7 in our third (I think) go around. I don't want it to end because I know DH will poo poo rewatching it straight away. sad

FrankelSaysRelax Sun 16-Sep-12 11:20:47

We had a Season 1-athon last night and finished it off. I'm just putting Shadow of the Gunman into the DVD player and settling down with a cup of coffee grin

DoreensEatingHerSoreen Sun 16-Sep-12 17:48:20

Did anyone else click on Frankel's link in the OP and get a little confused as to why Dan Quayle is being described as "young" and "handsome"?

Agreed - my friends think that I am all kinds of clever when it comes to US politics and elections and I never let on that this is all because I watch TWW and they have no idea how much richer and fulfilling their lives could be don't grin

SophySinclair Sun 16-Sep-12 20:13:39

really interesting biopic on iplayer called The Clintons. It has Dee Dee Myers, upon whom CJ Cregg is based. Vay interesting.

LandUnderWave Mon 17-Sep-12 03:34:30

Another WW addict checking in here. Currently on mat leave (up feeding 2 week old dd as we speak) and using it as opportunity for epic full season re-watch. So excited. Watched Noel today, one of my faves.

Will try and find link but did anyone else hear rumour they are making a WW movie? Like at the moment??

DoreensEatingHerSoreen Mon 17-Sep-12 19:00:19

Sadly that is just a rumor sad

It was just Will Bailey winding people up on twitter.

I do love to stare at this picture and pretend that's it's real though

LandUnderWave Mon 17-Sep-12 20:34:28

Nooooooo! Gutted is not true. Hey ho, back to the box sets it is. Do love that pic though grin

EverythingInMjiniature Thu 20-Sep-12 01:40:47

How old does josh look!? Watched the last 3 episodes of season 2 the other night. Such excellent scriptwriting.

LandUnderWave Thu 20-Sep-12 05:08:13

Ooh [everything] I watched same ones yesterday! Cried buckets at the whole brothers in arms sequence, blaming the hormones. Just brilliant. Love the young mrs landingham

BartletForTeamGB Thu 20-Sep-12 21:15:53
BartletForTeamGB Thu 20-Sep-12 21:18:07

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reliable-source/post/how-michigan-judicial-candidate-bridget-mary-mccormack-got-the-west-wing-cast-for-her-campaign-video/2012/09/20/a2d53326-0347-11e2-91e7-2962c74e7738_blog.html

Her sister Mary McCormack, who played Deputy National Security Adviser Kate Harper for the show’s final three seasons — and has some of the best lines in the video.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now