West Wing! [spoilers]

(191 Posts)
FrankelSaysRelax Fri 07-Sep-12 11:36:15

I can't find the old thread, so thought I'd start a new one grin

Is anyone else following the US election and finding themselves comparing everything to TWW?!

I found this on the BBC website and was impressed to realise I knew what most of them were, thanks to TWW!

grin

Northernlurkerisbackatwork Sun 09-Sep-12 15:19:59

Don't want to spoil but if you've seen season 7 - remember what she does at the end - for her children but also for somebody she cares very much about.

FrankelSaysRelax Sun 09-Sep-12 15:20:59

I don't think they ever reveal how Molly and Huck came into being. They were having IVF before their marriage ended, but my personal opinion is that they had a brief reconciliation which resulted in pregnancy.
At one stage Sam (or maybe Josh) says something along the lines of "Why don't you get that nice girl pregnant?" and Toby responds "I did.". That suggests to me that the other WWers knew they'd been seeing each other again.

EverythingInMjiniature Sun 09-Sep-12 18:01:08

I still think one of the most heart wrenching moments is when andie says she wont marry him because he is too sad... He is sad but that's toby

Apart from ''he was so proud of you, josh'
<wail>

Northernlurkerisbackatwork Sun 09-Sep-12 18:21:01

THere is NO WAY Andie and Toby had sex. Apart from the fact that they are clearly too far apart emotionally to be lovers, it's quite clear in the flashbacks that are shown and in some of the things that Andie says that she has had immense difficulty becoming pregnant and carrying to term. Toby knows it's twins way before the ultrasound you see them have later on in pregnancy and indeed before 12 weeks. We know this because Andie says to him that she hasn't announced it 'because you don't in the first 12 weeks'. Also from a storyline pov - if the babies had resulted from a one night stand that would have been a completely different story - and it would have been shown to us. No point showing the IVF parts of their journey if we're not meant to infer from it some meaning.

EverythingInMjiniature Sun 09-Sep-12 18:43:27

I always thought they showed us the IVF to help explain the break up, but I agree it would have been a totally different story if they had sex,and just seems ridiculous!

What I don't understand is if Toby knew she was continuing the IVF or not? Is he surprised by the twins?

Fiderer Mon 10-Sep-12 03:42:45

I assumed it was IVF too. Agree with Northernlurker about them being too far apart to be lovers - think Toby would have but Andy not.

No idea why but I thought she had had embryos implanted which hadn't worked and then when she does get pregnant, it was from frozen embryos from that time. That would also explain how Toby knew it was twins so early.

Fiderer Mon 10-Sep-12 06:47:36

To start off the week on a high note. Sam, Toby and the wonderful Bruno Gianelli.

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 10-Sep-12 07:14:03

I convinced DH to start all over again last night, we did the first 4 episodes of Season 1. I love this exchange between CJ and Josh:

Josh: A couple of things for you to bear in mind. First of all, he didn't know she was a call girl when he slept with her. He didn't pay her. He didn't participate in, have knowledge of, or witness anything illegal. Or for that matter, unethical, amoral, or suspect.
C.J.: Okay. A couple things for you to bear in mind. None of that matters on Hard Copy!
Josh: You're overreacting.
C.J.: Am I?
Josh: Yes.
C.J.: As women are prone to do.
Josh: That's not what I meant.
C.J.: That's always what you mean.
Josh: You know what, C.J., I really think I'm the best judge of what I mean, you paranoid Berkeley shiksa feminista! ...whoa, that was way too far.
C.J.: No, no. Well, I've got a staff meeting to go to and so do you, you elitist Harvard fascist missed-the-deans-list-two-semesters-in-a-row Yankee jackass!
Josh: Feel better getting that off your chest there, C.J.?
C.J.: I'm a whole new woman.
Josh: You look like a million bucks, by the way.
C.J.: Don't try to make up with me.

grin

changeforthebetter Mon 10-Sep-12 19:05:54

Thanks for the Toby/Andy clarification grin I shall file it under "Mandy & Other WW mysteries"

Awesome writing, isn't it Frankel

Seabright Mon 10-Sep-12 19:36:04

Glad to see a new thread! Am living on a boat in France with no TV, just DVD's. Have TWW sitting and waiting for us! Third time of watching.

When I grow up, I want to be CJ. With Donna's hair.

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 10-Sep-12 20:19:53

Anyone else think the bloke that comes to the WW to talk to CJ about Pluie on Big Block of Cheese Day is David Mitchell's long-lost twin?

grin

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 10-Sep-12 20:20:09

Oops, that should have been grin

EverythingInMjiniature Mon 10-Sep-12 20:47:06

The first big block of cheese day is a great episode, and the first time zoey and Charlie meet... Watched it the other day they look so young!

Fiderer Tue 11-Sep-12 08:54:41

I loved the 'big block of cheese' days. Wish we'd seen more of the 'cheese appointments'.

Total crackpot day grin

And yes, Frankel, he does look like DM's twin.

Another trivia question, after Pluie's story came the story of a bear. What was her name?

changeforthebetter Tue 11-Sep-12 15:02:32

Seabright I want to be on a boat in France with just WW to watch <envious sigh grin>

I love CJ - she is the absolute best. She would be my friend you know, if she were real grin

OsmiornicaGold Tue 11-Sep-12 18:37:06

I'm on the last series (again) and am trying to suss out why Toby did it, if in fact he did at all. I know the actor has said he wasn't happy with the storyline and didn't believe the character would do it. Who would he be covering for?

FrankelSaysRelax Tue 11-Sep-12 18:43:53

I think the generally accepted theory was that Toby did it because he would have expected them to go and get his brother David has he been one of the trapped astronauts.

You're right though, it didn't sit with the character.

CelstialNavigation Tue 11-Sep-12 23:46:52

Richard Schieff was the one who said he didn't believe Toby would ever do that (in a million years) and he believed he was covering for someone else. I can't quite figure it either.

Frankel, they do send someone (ie usually Donna) out the gate to get pizza in later seasons - I think they have to meet delivery people outside the gates.

And when CJ and Charlie engage in warfare, she has left the building to go get pizza, I assume to outside the gates, as she has her coat on, and she phones the pizza place before that (tries to use her glued phone). So delivery but not to the actual door I think.

I love their prank war, especially when she realises just how far Charlie is going to go.

Fiderer Wed 12-Sep-12 07:46:38

The prank war is great. Love the fact that Charlie wins, he came a long way from the wide-eyed innocent.

"Now we're playing for keeps" grin

Pinkmumma Wed 12-Sep-12 07:58:08

Going to have to watch from the start again! I live the WW bring it back -

Pinkmumma Wed 12-Sep-12 07:58:38

Love the west wing

EverythingInMjiniature Wed 12-Sep-12 21:17:18

Just watched the stackhouse filibuster. Season 2 writing was soo good!

FrankelSaysRelax Wed 12-Sep-12 21:20:05

Currently watching Lord John Marbury.

Gerald!

grin

OliviaLMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Sep-12 20:56:18

whenever i am ill season 2 ww is the only way fwd...

EverythingInMjiniature Thu 13-Sep-12 20:58:20

I'm with you, Olivia. Best season. I also watch pre-nights!

(do you have night shifts at mnhq.. All those drunken bunfights

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now