Oooh Waterloo road is back next week...

(111 Posts)
HaitchJay Thu 16-Aug-12 13:48:42

I got into it last series --and am starting to get obsessed with crap soaps.

Anyone else in for a discussion thread?

goshandspecs Thu 06-Sep-12 23:20:37

Scrappy, I agree. It was a good episode tonight!

DowntonOut Fri 07-Sep-12 18:35:55

Just spotted that this thread had spawned a Greenock quiche. Never lived there, but I'm from a Greenock family. Pretty sure every one of you will know of one of us. Been catching bits of WR to see familiar sights smile

Listmaker Mon 10-Sep-12 14:27:05

Can I join in even on WR chat (even though I live nowhere near Greenock!)?

I have to laugh at the massive amounts of ridiculousness in this show somewhere - my dds get cross when I keep saying 'like that would ever happen' all the time so I have to keep schtumm!

I do have to laugh at how Tariq can be paralysed and then as you say rehabilitated enough in the 6 weeks holiday to be back at school with just Grantley as his carer! I mean how is he getting dressed etc?! Hilarious........

And yes Daniella thingy from My Family is DIRE!

Glad Chalky survived though - love him! Any chance Janice will finally see the light and fall for him though...........no thought not!

OodHousekeeping Fri 14-Sep-12 11:34:16

Ooh I so want to slap DDA!

SpanishFly Fri 21-Sep-12 15:47:14

I watched the first episode of this series thinking "oooh, Jane Beale isn't great at a Scottish accent." Only to hear her interviewed on the radio the next day to find out that's her real accent grin

OodHousekeeping Fri 21-Sep-12 18:09:53

grin

I'm still watching but still haven't really got into it this year

BertieBotts Sun 23-Sep-12 12:28:27

It's so awful grin The stupid unrealistic rivalry with the next school... and Sian needs to go on the mumsnet Relationship section grin If she manages to get the head's dad to make up with him I will throw something at the TV. What have they done with the half decent writers??

Why do all the characters have either totally insane parents, or really mega-supportive, amazing, perfect ones? Nobody has a mum who is loving but loses it and shouts sometimes, or a dad who does anything normal (by, you know, TV standards) like having a secret affair or getting made redundant. In fact, nobody apart from Josh appears to have a dad at all.

Grantly and his new wife seem totally useless as housemaster/mistress, they dish up food and do the occasional telling off, but Grantly is embarrassed to help Tariq with things like getting out of the bath and his wife witnessed a pupil's mother in a sexual situation with another pupil, and then her slapping her own daughter and just sat them down for a heart to heart with a smile! Surely she'd have to report it??

And then the bit at the end of this week made me shock - so the headteacher of the other school attacks a pupil and scares her half to death and they go in there all softly softly (In the old WR Michael or Tom would have run in and grabbed him off her!) and he breaks down in tears and apologises and everything is magically alright, she's not upset at all, just happy she has a place at the other school confused

Scrumptiouslyyummy Fri 12-Oct-12 14:27:37

Could Jaye Jacobs, who plays Sian, be pregnant? I thought I spied a baby bump last night.

marquesas Fri 12-Oct-12 14:31:46

ooh scrumptious - I thought exactly the same thing grin

If she's not the top she was wearing wasn't very flattering was it?

Scrumptiouslyyummy Fri 12-Oct-12 14:36:24

It wasn't a great top. I'm certain she is pregnant. smile

bruffin Fri 12-Oct-12 15:05:44

My DD 15 said the same

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now