I need HELP urgently PLEASE!

(45 Posts)
newnameforanewstart Sat 16-Aug-14 20:32:39

Hi All

Ok, I do apologise profusely for this but I need Black Boots or similar

We have a young patient in our Paediatric ward that if very ill (I don´t wish to cause any distress to anyone) he will not get better. For various reasons the ward, staff and his family are going to have a very early Christmas for him. I have been asked to help and have happily agreed to dress up as Mrs Claus (Santa is unfortunately not possible).

Now I would really love to make this young patients day as wonderful as possible. Christmas Trees, lights, faux snow, Christmas carols and Christmas diner are being arranged along with presents etc.

I do fortunately have a Mrs Claus costume which is pretty authentic, and so far I have found a few bits but I am missing boots / Mrs Claus shoes and I can´t find anything I take a sized 8 and I don´t mind spending a bit of money on them.

I have found these red and white stripe tights or would something different be better?

And this Hat

I do also have this cloak or rather one virtually identical red and white cloak and this cardi since I figured that Mrs Claus would only wear her cloak for traveling???? My arms need to be covered btw, due to scaring.

But I am short on boots - don´t mind them having a heel even a very high heel but they need to look like something Mrs Claus would wear what with all the snow at the north pole, What else have a missed?

How would Mrs Claus were her hair? Mines long but I can put it up easily but how?

would she not wear black wellies or snow boots?

GingerRodgers Sat 16-Aug-14 20:41:25

Black wellies at sports direct?

here

GalaxyInMyPants Sat 16-Aug-14 20:43:08

Black wellie boots. You could buy online at amazon.

when do you need them by?? delivery by 8th Sept

Hair in a bun?

newnameforanewstart Sat 16-Aug-14 20:56:04

Sorry forgot to say I need them for the end of this month!

I fall over every single time I wear willies for some reason but that would definitely be a great back up if I can´t find anything else.

Jellypudmum Sat 16-Aug-14 20:56:46

A pair of black Mary Jane style shoes with red and white striped tights would look fab. How about a Christmassy half apron around your waist. Small gold rimmed Soectacles. Hair in a bun with red/green/ white ribbon tied around it? Maybe a small wooden spoon pushed through bun ready for her excellent mince pie and cookie baking? Cheap white fur trim around Cape / bottom of a skirt would instantly make things very Christmassy? Hthsmile

VeryLittleGravitasIndeed Sat 16-Aug-14 20:58:40
Jellypudmum Sat 16-Aug-14 21:00:25

Also, scent of vanilla? Sounds silly but childrens senses will often make them believe; a simple vanilla oil mixed with a carrier oil and dabbed on pressure points.

VeryLittleGravitasIndeed Sat 16-Aug-14 21:01:19

As an aside, when I look for Mrs Claus pics why do half of them look like hookers? It's disturbing. If I look up pictures of Santa half if them don't look like scantily clad chippendales. Just sayin'

VeryLittleGravitasIndeed Sat 16-Aug-14 21:06:43

That was in no way a comment directed at you OP!! More grumbling about the parlous state of the internet. Anyway, sorry to derail...

newnameforanewstart Sat 16-Aug-14 21:14:28

OOOHH, I have black mary janes shoes!

Love the wood spoon idea through a bun that great, can definitely do ribbons etc. Lovely idea

Skirt and cloak are already fur trimmed. Skirt is like this only a skirt

Would it be over kill to put something in the pockets? I was thinking about maybe having bit of ribbon coming out of them like we were wrapping presents????

Vanilla sounds like a great idea - I can do that no problem.

verylittlecravitasindeed tell me about it! mark you I wouldn´t object to father Christmas looking like a Chippendale.

I can do half rimmed specs - although I am a slightly younger version of Mrs Claus so no white hair.

newnameforanewstart Sat 16-Aug-14 21:40:17

Ok, having been under the bed and got my winter boots out I have a couple of options.

Black ankle boots
Red Duo Boots which I totally forgot about
My trust black Mary Janes

A wonderful friend has offered the last ones too, which she wore as an elf last Christmas

Do you think any of these would work or is something else better?

Jellypudmum Sat 16-Aug-14 21:41:54

Like the ribbon in the pockets idea, what about a gift bow or two stuck onto cardigan like a kind if Christmassy brooch. Shiny chunky beads to for a necklace?

BikeRunSki Sat 16-Aug-14 21:45:16

I think any of those would work, but the last ones are best!

BikeRunSki Sat 16-Aug-14 21:45:43

Bauble earrings of course.

Jellypudmum Sat 16-Aug-14 21:46:49

Could you get someone to ring you at some point ( change your phone to a suitable Christmassy ringtone) and have them pretend to be an elf etc. Your little patient could then have a chat with them. Make it all seem so real and special especially of the caller knows a bit beforehand about him; he could casually mention bits of info to convince your patient even more that it's a real caller from the North Pole.
Depending where you are, there is an excellent chap who is a 'doorstep Santa'. He is fab!

Jellypudmum Sat 16-Aug-14 21:49:34

Could you get a super glittery gold box ( card factory has them cheap), line with tissue paper and put in some of Mrs Claus' special Christmas cookies?

Jellypudmum Sat 16-Aug-14 21:51:29

I'm on a roll now???blush
What about him making a simple tree ornament ( if mo or air drying clay) that his family could hang on the tree as a additional memory for them to cherish. It could be hung on their tree each year?

Jellypudmum Sat 16-Aug-14 21:52:06

Fimo not if mo!!!!

Pininterest has lots of simple ideas for tree decs.

Playbook Sat 16-Aug-14 22:08:15

Would it be nice if lots of people sent him Christmas cards for the day, I'm sure lots of us on here would be willing if that would be a good idea? smile

SecretLimonadeDrinker Sat 16-Aug-14 22:56:57

Just wanted to say what a wonderful idea and you're Amazing, love all the ideas so far.

Great idea Playbook happy to send a card.

SecretLimonadeDrinker Sat 16-Aug-14 22:57:07

Just wanted to say what a wonderful idea and you're Amazing, love all the ideas so far.

Great idea Playbook happy to send a card.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now