Mardy Crepeys

(1000 Posts)
SheherazadeSchadenfreude Sun 02-Mar-14 13:17:44

Done it...

CointreauVersial Sun 02-Mar-14 14:10:16

Aww.....I was rooting for PanCrepe Day!

What does mardy mean, exactly (soft southerner)?

Blackduck Sun 02-Mar-14 14:12:55

Grumpy or moody or sulky..... smile

CointreauVersial Sun 02-Mar-14 14:15:53

Well, what possessed you to think of such an inaccurate thread title? wink

SheherazadeSchadenfreude Sun 02-Mar-14 14:24:21

It's a play on words, innit?

CointreauVersial Sun 02-Mar-14 15:17:32

<slaps forehead>

Oh, I get it now. blush

motherinferior Sun 02-Mar-14 16:07:29

I am returning from town with DD2. For the record, Superdrug by Charing Cross now sells a selection of sex toys including rampant rabbits. I'm all for frankness and for sexual freedom but I felt a certain embarrassment as DD2 inspected themgrin

Stropperella Sun 02-Mar-14 17:13:58

Yes, MI, I ambled down the sex toys aisle in a large branch of Boots recently - by mistake. And then was transfixed by all the weird shapes. I was rather glad that I didn't have ds with me.

I have 3 jobs to deliver tomorrow and I've spent most of this afternoon helping dd prepare for her German oral tomorrow. Ho hum.

cremolafoam Sun 02-Mar-14 18:02:55

Just clocking in.
Have been rummaging in dsister's capacious wardrobe and achieved haul of
1 pair golden sandals
1 gorgeous navy satchel
1 lulu Guinness scarf with colours she never wears as she is ginger
Result.
Also went to see dparents who in their ultimate wisdom and extraordinary ability to ignore all evidence to the contrary have booked to go to London this week to see a show . Dad is on a nebuliser and has a lung infection and Is Really Not Well. Dmum thinks he'll miraculously rally before Wednesday. shockshockshock
I spent most of the afternoon persuading them that flights+airport stress+ walking + crowds+ rain+ wheezing + illness + high possibility of ending up in St. Thomas' hospital does not a brilliant city break make. sad
They are determinedsad don't really know what else to say.....

Am 50:50 on my own trip - need to work a few things out but thanks got general cheering .

beachyhead Sun 02-Mar-14 18:35:35

Evening all. Well the piercing has a large stud in it at the moment, but this is apparently a 'starter stud', which can be replaced by something smaller in two months. dd2 broke the news of dd1's latest nasal acquisition over lunch (he's blind so had to be enlightened!) Didn't break the news that she was having Sunday lunch in her onesie!

'Tis hammering down here - had a virtuous 90 min walk today, with my dad. We were exploring 'linking paths' that link up the walks we know. He has an amazing memory for all sorts of paths from x to y. Up until his late 70's, he was being dropped a good ten miles away from home to walk back.

Now he just relies on following me, shouting 'hard left, round the puddle' and 'leg up, over this fallen tree'. We must look a very odd pair!

beachyhead Sun 02-Mar-14 18:36:37

Cremo, book the flight. I've booked my hotel! You are welcome to share - I have a family room.

bigTillyMint Sun 02-Mar-14 18:54:28

Cremo, shock at your DP's! And smile at your DDad, Beachy!

I may just need to pop into Boots next time I am out shopping with DS, just to see his face!

DD has apparently been asleep for 3 hours this afternoon (I was at a friends) It is good that she has caught up on her sleep, I guess, but she has a mountain of work to do, including learning lines for her Drama....

cremolafoam Sun 02-Mar-14 19:55:21

Beachy I may just take u up in that- you're a star!smile
What you doing Rudy?
Can you give me til tomorrow and I'll firm up with you. There's a wee course I'm interested in on the Thursday in London so I might just do that too.

Anyone seen hatty- she's been offline a while?wink

SheherazadeSchadenfreude Sun 02-Mar-14 20:38:54

I think last week was half term in France, so that may excuse Hatty's absence. I have dyed my hair. It is not a great success - it's a sort of reddish brown, quite close to my natural hair colour, but I think I prefer being blonder.

cremolafoam Sun 02-Mar-14 21:12:04

Oh maybe hatty's up Mont Blanc - she did mention skiing I think..

I'm sure it's luverly mrs S. Wait to do a proper judgement in daylightsmile

RudyMentary Sun 02-Mar-14 21:26:28

Ah - here we are.
Do you know? I've never started a crepey thread!

I'm not sure what I'm doing in 28th yet Crem but thanks for thinking of me - and QQ and Beachy for the PMs.

I'm feeling very down tonight - an accumulation of things.

cremolafoam Sun 02-Mar-14 21:39:26

Ach Rudy {{{}}} small gentle hug.

Mrs S I have to persist in calling you Mrs S as I refuse to shorten you to SS. confused

QueenQueenie Sun 02-Mar-14 21:51:25

Sorry to hear things are difficult Rudy.

motherinferior Sun 02-Mar-14 22:04:15

Oh, Rudy, you poor love.

herbaceous Sun 02-Mar-14 22:12:22

Checking into the pancake thread, and giving ruby a manly pat o the arm.

Blackduck Mon 03-Mar-14 06:46:18

Oh Rudy hope you are okay. If you want to vent feel free.
Here I am hoping for a better week for ds who was told off three times last week at school, plus the girl stuff, plus has broken two lamps - pne within a couple of hours of having it hmm

bigTillyMint Mon 03-Mar-14 07:13:52

BD, only 3 times? Pah! Was he playing football in his room? That's generally how DS broke/breaks thingsangry

Rudy, hope you have woken up feeling brighter/that work today will take your mind off things.

Here I am waiting for DD to have a major meltdown as she has a very busy week socially and seems to have two CA's and a physio visit... I am just thanking my lucky stars that DS seems to be going through a relatively calm period, though now having said that I bet I get a call from school.

SheherazadeSchadenfreude Mon 03-Mar-14 07:50:31

Rudy - hope you are feeling better this morning, even though it is Monday morning, not the cheeriest of days.

Blackduck Mon 03-Mar-14 09:39:04

BTM - errant foot, caught cord, pulled it onto radiator = smashed shade (twice....) I am now scouring ebay......

I am worried about mum who is very depressed - she can't get out as much as she used (she would have gone on her own before, but doesn't feel confident).... I might go home for a couple of days to spend some time with her.

NUFC69 Mon 03-Mar-14 12:08:01

Sorry to hear of people's problems with DC and DM. I think you sound very kind to go to stay, BD.

My problems are all involved with potty training which is something I never thought I would say again. One success and two failures so far.

Stop press - another tiny success.

This thread is not accepting new messages.