What's been your best pair of leggings?

(86 Posts)
ElBombero Sat 14-Sep-13 11:38:34

I used to swear by river island but last 2 pairs have not lasted (holes in between the legs). Willing to spend extra if they last n not bag etc...

foxybingodotcom Sun 15-Sep-13 07:52:25

I hated my next pair, bad fit and went a funny browny colour after a couple of washes.

Boden on the other hand are an amazing fit and look like new after a billion washes.

ElBombero Sun 15-Sep-13 09:13:36

Screwfox was that the question? Bit uncalled for.

Eastpoint Sun 15-Sep-13 09:17:32

Just bought Raffi from All Saints on someone on here's recommendation. They are so warm and comfortable, I love them. BUT they were £40 & have a little skirt. If their normal leggings are the same fabric try them.

Hassled Sun 15-Sep-13 09:20:47

I asked a nice young man in M&S yesterday where the leggings were - he said in tones of utter disgust "You want to buy leggings?". That was me told.

TheRealHousewifeOfSomewhere Sun 15-Sep-13 09:24:56

George at asda rather shockingly. Although lately I can't find the same ones in there. They are similar to my m and s ones.
Some are 3 years old and only jut beginning to fade. Also they stay nice and matt and don't go shiny like other cheap brands.

Sparklysilversequins Sun 15-Sep-13 09:26:20

Next.

Sparklysilversequins Sun 15-Sep-13 09:26:47

Next.

Kamchatka Sun 15-Sep-13 09:27:40

Toast jersey churidar (they are just leggings with buttons at the bottom).
Quite often they're a fiver in the Toast sale. I would never, ever buy these full price btw. But they're good quality.

ElBombero Sun 15-Sep-13 09:27:46

Pastabean, which range from m&s has the band, I'm post partum so thick waist band sounds good!

Sparklysilversequins Sun 15-Sep-13 09:32:19

I live in a trendy part of West London and all the young beautiful teen girls wear leggings, either with short skirts or lovely bright long shirts, with boots and mad hair. The look stunning. When MNetters go on about leggings or tunics being unstylish and lazy etc, I always think of those girls and how good they look and to be honest I would rather take their lead as to what's stylish thanks.

Parmarella Sun 15-Sep-13 09:32:26

Screwfox, you pop up everywhere with rude comments, but it is funny ( which I guess is what you aim for).

I look fab in leggings and tunic, incidentally ( paired with leather jacket to stop it being too twee). So there wink

I like Mint Velvet ruched ones best, thick, comfy, and the ruched ankle means they look good in ankle boots.only £15 which is cheap for the quality.

Mindfullness Sun 15-Sep-13 09:37:14

I really like peacocks and asda. They are long enough too which is good for me as they tend to be ankle grazers which is not a good look!

Screwfox Sun 15-Sep-13 09:50:24

yes but lets face it - they are the glossy ponies of life.

Not post natal

Sparklysilversequins Sun 15-Sep-13 09:54:55

grin Took you a long time to think of that come back didn't it?

Indeed they are but my point was that they clearly know more about what's "in" than some random on MN.

Sparklysilversequins Sun 15-Sep-13 09:56:03

Out of interest what does your day to day wardrobe look like screwfox?

Screwfox Sun 15-Sep-13 09:56:18

er.. no i was having a bath!!

Halfling Sun 15-Sep-13 09:56:29

Boden is undoubtedly the best. No high street brand comes close in terms of material quality, fit and long wear.

PastaBeeandCheese Sun 15-Sep-13 10:58:04

elbombero the basic £8 ones do but so do the slightly more expensive 'stay new' ones. Great for post natal. Not so good with a bump!

ElBombero Sun 15-Sep-13 10:59:36

And because in post natal I can't be a glossy pony?? Piss off!

ElBombero Sun 15-Sep-13 11:01:23

Just ordered boden, first ever purchase from there, thanks. Think ill try the m&s ones too but ill go in store, love the raffi look but £40... Might same them till I've lost my weight n I'm a glossy young horse again! X

Screwfox Sun 15-Sep-13 12:05:08

Hot pants and bralets

noddyholder Sun 15-Sep-13 12:36:07

H and m the slightly more expensive ones. Think they look good with jumpers but not with tunics. I think if you are only able to wear them with long dresses then you are probably the wrong shape formthem and would be better spending the extra on a good pair of skinny jeggings things with more structure and shape.

archaicmother Sun 15-Sep-13 16:48:15

Topshop make the best leggings and they make them in different lengths and tall fit.
www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/leggings-1100/ankle-leggings-4440?bi=41&ps=20

I wear black leggings a lot and have tested most shops. I wore these before, during and after pregnancy and the same size fit me at every stage. They never split or wear through at the thighs (and I do have fat thighs) and stay looking new and black rather than saggy and faded. I have been wearing them for years.
Lots of brands (esp. M&S) aren't long enough in the body if you are tall.
These Topshop ones are the best.

Naebother Sun 15-Sep-13 17:10:08

Sainsbury s luxury leggings. £10. Thick flat waistband. Good quality, lots of Lycra. Hard to find them though, they sell out so quicklysad

ElBombero Tue 15-Oct-13 23:00:55

Well update girls, spend £19 on the boden ones and after what 4-6 weeks, they are full of bobbling inbetween legs and stitching split on bottom...

Off to sainsburys tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now