So I just measured by bra size and I'm shocked, is it right?

(776 Posts)
SchrodingersFanny Thu 18-Jul-13 22:55:16

I measured under and I'm 34. Well I'm 33.5. That is taut, completely flat to skin.

When I do the lean over measurement (which made dh smirk) I measured 41inches.

Am I right thinking that makes me 34E?

I have teeny (saggy and deflated) bosoms!

Chickpeas2 Fri 19-Jul-13 11:53:11

Thanks so much- off to check out that online shop now...

AtYourCervix Croatia Fri 19-Jul-13 11:53:37

Just done some scooping with ordinary bra on. Yes the cup size is far too small. Spillage all over the place. Damn.

Raahh Spain Fri 19-Jul-13 13:00:15

thank you sparkle (only just got back to this after having to go out).

KOTK Fri 19-Jul-13 13:15:00

Ok, have I got his right, I've just measured as:

underbust 44
full bust (bending over) 54

Does this mean I should start looking at around a 44GG?! This sounds completely wrong to me as I've always been a huge fat woman with teeny tiny boobs. They're kinda long and saggy and very wide set. blush Bet you're jealous eh? grin

I don't have a single bra that looks good, and only have a couple that are comfy(ish), and those are 48B/C.

Right, next question - where do I buy the damn things (online & as cheap as poss please), and what kind of style best accomodates long, saggy wideset norks? And what's all this balcony, halfcup, fullcup stuff? I am a crap girl and at 37 still don't get any of this stuff.

Please help me!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 19-Jul-13 13:34:20

I actually cannot wait to go and try on some new bras. Shame the kids are off for weeks. They hate coming shopping with me. Will be seriously amazed if I really am about a 38G and not a 40DD which is what I have been wearing quite happily for years.

I have to say though, that although my bras are perfectly comfortable, I've always though they look too low. Hopefully a better fitting bra would perk them up a bit as well.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 19-Jul-13 13:36:48

34 I mean, not 38. Think I've got it right.

confused

CelticPromise Fri 19-Jul-13 15:39:34

ILove you'll get much more support from a firmer band so almost definitely more uplift :-)

CelticPromise Fri 19-Jul-13 15:45:18

Yes start with 44GG and cup sizes either side KOTK. I bet if you scoop your B and C cups don't cut it. You should also be prepared to try 42 or even 40 as lots of women who are a bit more padded get on better with a smaller band. Don't forget to go up a cup size if you go down in the band.

Try Brastop, mycurvesandme, amazon, eBay and Debenhams sale for well priced bras.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 19-Jul-13 17:20:55

I've just ordered some 34G bras from Next which will come tomorrow. I'll report back to say whether they fit or not!

DayOldCheesecake Sat 20-Jul-13 06:09:04

KOTK - try Evans, they use the M&S style of fitting so everyone there is wearing an erm... 48B/C wink - plenty of stuff in the bargain bin to be had!

SprinkleLiberally Sat 20-Jul-13 06:25:25

Makes me mad the way shops do just a handful of DD+ as if it is some kind of freaky massive size and a B is "normal".

sudointellectual Sat 20-Jul-13 07:15:55

Yeah, I just looked it up and apparently Lola Ferrari was a 54F.

hmm

My boobs are not that big, tbh. I've never had bouncing/ligament issues (used to play netball and have actually seen someone sprain their boobs on the court, ouch!!). But since getting proper bras I have noticed my persistent entrapment neuropathy has improved (also my armpits have stopped being tender sorry tmi). Which is great but also makes me quite angry.

M&S have a lot to answer for.

TheCountessOlenska Sat 20-Jul-13 07:28:03

Just making my place as I keep reading these threads but can't find a tape measure !! Will buy one in town and come back and measure myself asap.

pinkpiggy Sat 20-Jul-13 07:40:25

Can someone tell me please what size i am if i measure 35 inches then 42 inches? Pretty please grin

sparkle12mar08 Sat 20-Jul-13 07:59:54

Pinkpigg Try 34FF and sizes surrounding, so 34F, FF and 36E and F, though I think the 34's will be a better fit. Also worth trying a 34G as it's easier to spot a too big cup than a too small, and you'll know that you're heading in the right direction.

TheCountessOlenska Sat 20-Jul-13 08:23:45

Found tape measure, God bless my Mother! I've got 31 and 40, pretty please sparkle or anyone? smile

TheCountessOlenska Sat 20-Jul-13 08:26:24

p s Got measured as 36F is m&s last week - she only measured round my ribcage not boobs!

TheCountessOlenska Sat 20-Jul-13 08:30:00

Sorry for multiple posts - it was more.like last month actually so to be fair my boobs might have gone down a bit as lost weight and baby is 4 months now (bf ing) oh and i don't bother with nursing bras!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 20-Jul-13 08:30:55

Ok, so 29 under bust and 32.5 if I Lean over. I'm in a 30c strapless at the moment but its feeling a bit loose on the first setting after a few months.

28D?

CelticPromise Sat 20-Jul-13 08:31:14

Countess try 30G and GG and 32FF and G. 30 may well be better. And post on the M&S thread! 36 ffs, I expect you could get a friend in there with you.

CelticPromise Sat 20-Jul-13 08:32:22

28D Fluffy, maybe DD.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 20-Jul-13 08:35:30

shock DD? I'm teeny. Honestly blink and you'd miss'em.

Morning! Hoping this is the new bra thread?

Wonder if anyone can advise - I used to love Freya's Polyanna bras, but they are discontinued (I've been in an Anita nursing bra hinterland for three years). Any suggestions for comparable fit? Thanks!thanks

TheCountessOlenska Sat 20-Jul-13 08:43:33

Thank you very much Celtic Have posted on m&s thread already - I bloody knew she was doing it wrong but you feel a bit vunerable stood there topless with post pregnancy boobs and stomach - grrr.

OryxCrake Sat 20-Jul-13 08:49:54

Hello! Am reeling with shock here...

I normally wear a 34C (self-measured by old method).

I've just measured this way and my measurements are 30 and 38!

So a 30FF. Is that right??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now