Non ironers - how bad do you look in the summer?

(115 Posts)
EliotNess Sat 13-Jul-13 08:05:08

I am a selective ironer - I fold straight out of the dryer etc but if anything is line dryed, unless its spun on 600 in the machine it needs ironing, I am thinkinf kids cotton Polo shirts, my t shirts and tops and cropped cotton trousers

Do you just look like a walking Per Una crinkle skirts?

I iron about 2% of the time but only to justify watching Millionaire Matchmaker

DH irons 98% of the time to justify watching Top Gear

The only things that don't get ironed are underwear, towels and tea towels

TeWiSavesTheDay Sun 14-Jul-13 09:20:15

Our tumbler must be crap because anything that goes in there needs ironing. Off the line they aren't so bad.

I am a selective ironer as well though, some things do just always need it.

LimitedEditionLady Thu 18-Jul-13 12:20:57

Whispers....i iron everything....i cant wear unironed clothes.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Thu 18-Jul-13 12:35:22

I iron stuff that absolutely has to be ironed. That's it. I have better things to do than iron, anything. Anything at all.

Iron bed linen? I know someone who irons tea towels. Why?

WhiteDogBlackSpots Tue 23-Jul-13 13:39:51

I reckon those of you that say you need to iron, stuff your washing machines over full of stuff, making the creases bad after the spin cycle. If you don't over fill, the creases are not bad and when dry you really don't need to iron.
I do have an 8kg washer though so can afford to not have to lie on my back on the kitchen floor, using foot to close the washer door grin

dexter73 Tue 23-Jul-13 13:49:49

I don't over stuff my washing machine. As you say the creases are not bad but they are still creases and look much better if ironed.

poshfrock Tue 23-Jul-13 14:09:33

I love ironing. I find it very satisfying to have lovely piles of neatly folded, creasefree clothes, sheets and TEATOWELS. And it means I get two hours to myself on a Sunday afternoon to watch whatever I like on the telly and everyone knows that I can't be disturbed because I AM IRONING.
I iron everything except DP's work uniform, towels and undies ( although sometimes I do boxers if there's still 10 minutes of film left to watch and I've run out of other stuff to iron).

poshfrock Tue 23-Jul-13 14:10:53

Pobble you can fit more teatowels in a drawer if they have been ironed.

Oh and I fold all my towels like Anthea Turner.

Keztrel Tue 23-Jul-13 14:20:11

I only iron if it's absolutely essential to the garment, so pretty much never. I look very nice, thanks.

DH likes ironing and says once we have a utility room he's going to keep the ironing board up all the time and iron everything!

MrsHoarder Tue 23-Jul-13 14:34:37

poshfrock you have too many teatowels. I've never needed more than I can easily fit in a drawer, even after a large lunch with multiple people roped into drying up.

bellablot Tue 23-Jul-13 15:04:18

Only the perfectionist pragmatist will iron.

The creatives amongst us won't feel the need.

I fit somewhere in the middle. smile

Keztrel Tue 23-Jul-13 15:08:17

I agree with that Bella, going by my sample study of two grin I'm creative and can't see the point in ironing, DH is a perfectionist and a pragmatist and is well into ironing.

XiCi Tue 23-Jul-13 16:43:41

I don't see the point of spending a lot of money on lovely clothes just to look like a crumpled mess when you go out in them.

It literally takes 2 minutes to iron a dress before you put it on so don't understand all these life is too short comments

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Tue 23-Jul-13 16:56:31

I iron everything except bed covers, I cannot go out crumpled my mother would kill me and has sent DS home due to being creased once

Parmarella Tue 23-Jul-13 17:39:46

So .... Life is too short to iron,

But long enough to spend time writing about ironing on MN

I see.... [ grin]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now