what weight are you if you are 5 ft 8?

(135 Posts)
doineedhelp Wed 21-Nov-12 22:14:27

Please lovely ladies,

I need some perspective here as people keep telling me I'm as I should be but not sure I agree....

I am 5 ft 8 , at the minute I weigh 11 st 8lb. Classic apple shape, 34ff boobs but good pair of legs! I feel I'm still fat at this weight even though I'm largely in a size 12 top and (mostly) bottom. Realistically though I'm pushing 40 so really struggling to lose anymore weight (i drink too much red wine if truth be told!)

So, what do other ladies with similar stats to me weigh?
Should I be hitting the spin bike and shakes or relaxing a little

Thanks grin

doineedhelp Wed 21-Nov-12 23:02:38

Thanks sagely like you I was much heavier last year (3 stones thanks to lovely ds!) So I really need to put it in perspective...

I could only ever dream of being 10stone nevermind 8 stone like some of you. Really, how do you manage it?

Debs75 Wed 21-Nov-12 23:03:51

I'm 5'8" and 14 stone, after losing 2 stone this year. At my heaviest I have weighed over 17 stone and at my lightest adult weight was 11 stone 11 pounds. I have gone from a tight 12 to a baggy 22/24. I am a size 18 now as I have mammoth thighs which are always a size above my waist.

I have never been slim, probably never will be now after 4 kids and approaching 40 but I know if I lose another 2 stone and keep it off I will be healthier and happier

doineedhelp Wed 21-Nov-12 23:06:14

dottydot and cece I was your weight last year so know exactly what you mean... I'm also flabbergasted at how tiny some people are!

Good luck with it x

HoleyGhost Wed 21-Nov-12 23:12:43

Exactly 9 st, size 10

I have so little muscle that I still manage to have a high body fat %

CointreauVersial Wed 21-Nov-12 23:57:55

I'm 5 foot 7
9 stone 3lb
size 10

HollaAtMeBaby Thu 22-Nov-12 02:08:35

I'm just under 5'8, 11 stone, 32DD, waist 30", hips about 41" I think? Have loads of muscle though - only bit of me that looks podgy is my tummy but it's not that bad...

Turquoiseblue Thu 22-Nov-12 08:14:15

I think a lot of it is genetics to start with then lifestyle and diet etc play a part I suppose. I eat healthily, but if I analysed my diet I don't over do carbs but would have lot s of protein fruit and veg, and probably not enough dairy (not a fan) and too mich red wine and chocolate. I also swim with a team about 3-4 times a week which is the main reason I think that keeps me for healthy - I mostly do it for my meantl health though as I m a stress pot at the best of times sad - when I take a break from exercise for a few weeks I notice a few pounds creeping on

morethanalltheteainchina Thu 22-Nov-12 08:38:13

Am more like 5ft 9" than 5ft 8" and I'm hover around the 10st mark. This puts me at a small size 10. However, I spend a lot of time in the gym, running, doing (light) weights etc so would imagine that I have a low body fat percentage.

I have been around the 9st 7lb mark and started to look a bit boney across my chest and hips, and have also been around 12st, where I looked 'well covered' but no fat if that makes sense.

calypso2008 Thu 22-Nov-12 08:40:33

5 ft 9" about 9 stone. Size 8.

shrimponastick Thu 22-Nov-12 08:50:58

I am 5ft 9 and currently 12 stone.

I don't look overweight, but feel way too bulky.

I work out a lot, have v muscular legs, bum so maybe that's why.

Size 14 can be tight, but I refuse to buy any larger.

Low carbing at the mo, want to lose at least a stone.

Lowest adult weight was 9 st4 a few years ago. It didnt suit me.

Fairylea Thu 22-Nov-12 09:08:16

smile @ "well covered"

FromagePlease Thu 22-Nov-12 09:12:06

I'm 5ft 7"
10.5 stone
Size 10 - 12 (am a size 10 in generous shops like Boden, but really a 12)
I feel a bit podgy but I do no exercise at all at the moment for medical reasons, I could easily drop .5 stone if I did.
My lowest weight was 8.5 back in my youth.

RamblingRosa Thu 22-Nov-12 09:15:10

I'm 5ft 8.5" and 9st - size 8.

It doesn't mean anything though. Just looking at these threads you realise what a huge variation there is in size/shape/weight. Two people the same height and weight might be in totally different dress sizes just to do with their build and body shape. I always remember a girl at school who was teeny, slim and petite but somehow weighed more than other much taller girls.

DonaAna Thu 22-Nov-12 09:27:07

9 st to 9 st 5 lb. I come from a family of bird-boned constitutionally thin people, and used to be underweight (was not very happy about it - and did not have eating issues). To anyone who would love to be very thin, it was not that great - you look scrawny and frail, feel the cold acutely and struggle to feel like a woman in your A cup bra. And look like a skeleton in anything tight-fitting. I always wanted to be a voluptuous hourglass.

I'm now at the lower range of normal weight, and very happy with my body that is a bit rounder than it was before. I also need to watch my weight now - I would balloon to apple shape if I didn't. Breasts in proportion with dress sizes (34B/30C-D), I wear a size 12.

gnocci Thu 22-Nov-12 09:27:54

I'm 5'8'' and currently weigh 10st10 but am in the process of shedding baby weight. Aim is 9st8lbs ish. I'll be a small 10.

Weight has ranged from 7st12lbs (eating disorder) to 15st (9m pregnant!).

justasecond Thu 22-Nov-12 09:51:26

Blimey there must be something wrong with me. I am 5ft 7 and 8 St 8. I don't have a disorder I have just always been thin even after 3 kids. I agree with Dona Ana its not that great in terms of feeling cold and particularly peoples comments. I used to hate all the bitchy comments in my younger days now I don't care and feel quite grateful I can eat anything and not worry about it.

RamblingRosa Thu 22-Nov-12 10:06:07

Oh god yes...agree re feeling the cold. I turn blue.

legojunkie Thu 22-Nov-12 10:11:52

I am 5'8 and weigh 12.5 stone.i am a size 14 . I have very broad shoulders and back and 34 ff boobs. I would like to be 11 stone.

Arana Thu 22-Nov-12 10:13:30

I'm 5'8 and currently weigh 72kg, which makes me a bit tubby (just a size 12). My ideal weight is about 68/69kg and at 65kg I just look gaunt and ill. I used to weigh 100kg, so I guess it's all an improvement smile I just wish that my belly would go and I didn't look 4 months pregnant.

RooneyMara Thu 22-Nov-12 10:17:08

I'm 5ft7, and before I was pregnant, I was around 55kg, or 8 1/2 stone, hovering up to 8 3/4. Before that I was 9 stone-ish for ages, a few years at least, not counting pregnancies. Sometimes up to 9 1/2.

The most I've weighed is about 10 stone 2, when I was about 18. (now 39) I was also anorexic in my 20s and went down to around 6st. (not good)

I feel Ok at 8 1/2, my legs are still a bit chubby at that weight, well moreso than the rest of me...some people said I was too skinny though. I think my face shows it more.

I'm 34wks pg now and weigh about 10 1/2, 10 3/4 stone. I put all that on in the first 20 weeks.!

I'm OP's height - weigh about 10 stone. Went up to about 11 and a half stone when pregnant.
I don't really think too much about my weight unless something's suddenly very tight or very loose!
I always stay about this weight but i think it's because i do a hell of a lot of walking. (Don't drive) I also do Yoga and a bit of cycling, once or twice a week.

flakjacket Thu 22-Nov-12 10:18:20

5' 9, 12st (trying too get down to 11st 4). Size 14 on bottom, 16/18 on top because of 30JJ bra sizeblush

PropositionJoe Thu 22-Nov-12 10:25:11

I'm 5'8" and 8st12. If I get to 9st I cut out the crisps/wine/choc until I get back down. Narrow wrists and ankles, long skinny arms and legs, no boobs to speak of. Stats approx 33 27 37. (Don't see the point of putting dress size as these vary so widely.)

YouHaveBeenOutbid Thu 22-Nov-12 11:19:14

5'8'', 11 stone 4 at the moment. I used to be one of those that could eat what I wanted and stay a size 8. I was desperate to put weight on, then I turned 30 and realised I was getting bigger... and bigger... and bigger till I became a good size 14. I went up approximately a dress size a year and that was pre baby. These days I'm in a 12 (just). I had no baby weight as hyperemesis caused me to drop about 2 and half stone.

CuriousMama Thu 22-Nov-12 11:27:02

I'm 5 ft 8, and weigh 12.5 stone but it goes up and down depending on AF? Not by much though. I'd like to lose a stone but I look ok. Am size 14. No one ever believes I'm as heavy as I am but maybe they're being polite ;) There's a pic of me on here not sure if you can tell if I look fat or not? Not that I care grin

Op you're slip of a thing stop worrying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now