So, MNHQ, bedecked in LKBennett (and Boden for the plebs) are all out stuffing pizza and Bolly, half of the posters and hangers-on are there too: what mischief shall we get up to while they're away?

(1001 Posts)
WilfSell Tue 02-Mar-10 17:24:19

Because I bet they've just left BigTech in charge. Or he/she'll be checking in every once in a while, a bit pished and lairy.

So we can DO. WHAT. WE. LIKE. while the Leaders party.

grin

morningpaper Mon 08-Mar-10 14:44:58

I aspire to mutton-as-lamb

I find that boys quite like it

Sorry, rubyrubyruby, you'll have to speak up, I'm a bit deaf you know.

Rubyrubyruby Mon 08-Mar-10 14:40:22

I find that 'mutton as lamb' comments are usually made by envious 'lamb as mutton' types.

That will have been me then, spiderpig. Thanks for drawing everyone's attention to me.

<adjusts liberty bodice>

Rubyrubyruby Mon 08-Mar-10 14:32:20

spiderpig - thanks wink

Lizzylou Mon 08-Mar-10 13:45:09

Ah, it all looks fab, glad everyone had a great time. Some great shoes, legs and tits on show from what I can see.

I can't see anyone who looks like mutton dressed as lamb at all, everyone looks v glam and lovely.

Lots of sour grapes this past week I think.

I didn't enter a Haiku as have no imagination/creativity and would have been waaaay to shy to go anyway. I'd have been the one slumped in the corner exuding champagne fumes 30mins in, if past behaviour is anything to go by.

BuzzingNoise Mon 08-Mar-10 13:43:51

It sounded like bitterness to me.

Just read most of this and wanted to say that misdee wasn't there, coz if she was, she didn't invite me... bitch!! grin

policywonk Mon 08-Mar-10 13:14:45

Blimey, I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't heard the phrase 'mutton dressed as lamb' for ages, and that this might say something cheerful about how society no longer thinks it's acceptable to pass hateful comments about women in general.

Guess there's always one, eh?

eitbomh Mon 08-Mar-10 13:09:19

spiderpig8, did you know your bum looks big in that username? and your skirt is tucked into your (granny) pants. Just FYI wink

CaptainNancy Mon 08-Mar-10 13:04:35

What a lovely, thoughtful comment spiderpig8 hmm

spiderpig8 Sun 07-Mar-10 10:59:02

Lots of mutton dressed as lamb !

ApplesinmyPocket Sat 06-Mar-10 18:42:46

Champagne Googles! very good! There was a whole bath full of champagne. And we dipped, how we dipped... My guest was disappointed to find next morning that 'you never get a hangover from champagne' is, sadly, a myth.

Spoof Sat 06-Mar-10 18:26:04

grin wilfsell (thought it was just me who saw the likeness)

WilfSell Sat 06-Mar-10 17:51:14

Anyway: what was Sven Goran Ericsson doing there? <no 63>

grin

BuzzingNoise Sat 06-Mar-10 10:07:49

Champagne googles grin He was very charming, and I am a sucker for a charming man these days.

ApplesinmyPocket Sat 06-Mar-10 10:01:23

Some of us admitted to a little crush on GB once we had seen him in the flesh. This may or may not have been due to our champagne goggles.

Rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Mar-10 09:41:47

In RL..

Mr Brown was much more jolly than I expected.

Mrs Brown was much more beautiful than I expected.

BuzzingNoise Sat 06-Mar-10 08:55:53

Is it just me or has a thread about the do disappeared?

Spoof Fri 05-Mar-10 23:16:09

Do you know, Mr Brown looks very jolly in almost all those photos! it's a revelation. Nice to see, actually. (dont know why...?)

BuzzingNoise Fri 05-Mar-10 22:48:19

I've been topping up my alcohol level steadily since Tuesday so no fear of a sober moment for me anytime soon. I was very surprised to have no hangover. I have made it my mission to only drink Moet from now on. I'm not doing very well <hides bottle of whatever Australian wine was on offer in Tesco>

Mettle Fri 05-Mar-10 22:45:33

well, I thought it rude not to pop over and say 'hello' and 'thank you' and all that.
the champagne has finally left my system, I swear I have been tipsy for 2 days!

BuzzingNoise Fri 05-Mar-10 22:43:37

Mettle hello! smile Glad you have joined us.

Mettle Fri 05-Mar-10 22:13:00

hehe, I realised about the cake on the train home, as my stomach was rumbling ominously. Have to say, champagne hangovers are the way forward, i.e no hangover at all grin

ApplesinmyPocket Fri 05-Mar-10 22:06:36

I was under the table by then, felled by an enormous plate of doughballs. It was over much too soon, sniff. I wish we had had longer at the party and been able to get stuck into the tower of biscuits. The Pizza Express was very nice but there was NO CAKE.

This thread is not accepting new messages.