The Official Mumsnet Merchandise <oooh>

(123 Posts)
DecorKateTheXmasTreeMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Dec-13 17:36:14

Ever wanted to enjoy a cup of coffee and ask if you are being unreasonable at the same time? Ever found yourself reaching for a tea towel and simultaneously wishing to convey hmm feelings to those around you?

Well now with the new Mumsnet merchandise, all this is possible!

Off the back of your brilliant suggestions on this thread - we've created a range of delightful items, which you can buy here. There's everything from a A ODFOD t-shirt to a official Mumsnet sticker - something for all the family wink

I love the ODFOD organic T-shirt.

Because going organic completely defuses the sweary message grin.

exexpat Mon 09-Dec-13 17:54:23

That reminds me - is it time to update the MN acronyms list with current favourites like ODFOD and RTFT? I know those ones, but I obviously haven't been spending enough time on here because I have no idea what the mug saying TSSDNCOP means.

The Secret Service Does Not Comment On Procedure.

Used the explain why MNHQ is moving in mysterious ways.

Showy Mon 09-Dec-13 18:03:47

I want a TSSDNCOP tea towel. But do I need a TSSDNCOP tea towel?

I would like to say, again, that I have never, in my life spent 18.99 on a t-shirt.

Where is the bargain range?

On the idea thread StuartMN posted- The good news is that we'll be paying a commission on every sale (£1 for shirts, 50p for mugs) to the MNer who comes up with the original designs which make it into the store. You don't have to be a designer (although if you are, design away!), you can just dfescribe a concept. A back of fag packet approach is fine, just convey your idea in as much detail as you can. Feel free to send me a message with your ideas if you fear the ridicule here. I'll only laugh if the idea is funny, I promise.

A few posts later I suggested t-shirts with the word biscuit in square brackets, which you've made.

confused

Pointeshoes Mon 09-Dec-13 18:40:15

I think you need a small metal pin badge.

MmeLindor Mon 09-Dec-13 19:14:55

Tee. They've spelled your name wrong. Do you have MNRoyalTee reserved as a name?

I think I need a ODFOD mug. Will have to think of a clean version when the kids ask what it means.

They explained the prices on the other thread - it's because everything is Print on Demand, so no bulk discounts.

I saw that MMeL. But I was too modest to complain.*

*Is anyone believing that?

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous way to do it Empress. Especially in this economy.

I wonder if they are still looking for designs.

grin Not up to me, Tee - just repeating what I read!

I didn't think it was Empress. fgrin

OddFodd Mon 09-Dec-13 20:14:00

Oh Do Fly Off Dear.

That's what my nn means anyway wink

Ooh yes hats. fgrin

AIBU to think the [f ] really ought to stand for fucking in this context?

MmeLindor Mon 09-Dec-13 20:44:37

Tee
That is nothing that a good sharpie won't fix

I need some of these. Though I have a pattern mocked up for a YABU beanie that I need to get round to knitting before I can go buying official merchandise wink

I want the tea towel, and a LTB mug.

The ODFOD tea towel I meant, so that I can throw it at DP people.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 09-Dec-13 21:42:42

Could I really sneak an AIBU mug into the secret santa for my boss?!

Middleagedmotheroftwo Mon 09-Dec-13 21:43:05

Love the naice tea towel!

scarecrow22 Mon 09-Dec-13 21:43:54

I'm guessing RTFT is an appeal to posters to Read The - er - Full Thread. Or similar.

What is TTSN-whatever-COP?

blush

threepiecesuite Mon 09-Dec-13 21:48:13

I like the PFB On Board car sticker but that's about it...sorry MN.

Full thread, of course.

The Secret Service Does Not Comment On Procedure.

StuartMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Dec-13 22:03:19

Hi all,

We are looking at a cheaper T shirt blank, however it only comes in at a couple of £ less than the naice organic shirt. Most of the cost is in picking and packing and printing, and we're still quite a lot cheaper than shirts on somewhere like cafe press.

ETA - as is the case for mugs. I know that £9.99 is more than you could pay for a mug, but it is as cheap as we can make it given the processes involved, and mass producing the stuff really isn't an option for us.

Keep the ideas coming though - still looking for new ones.

Best,

Stuart

DownstairsMixUp Mon 09-Dec-13 22:09:12

I'm with ConfusedPixie DP often bugs me cooking in the kitchen, ODFOD tea towel would be great grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now