Tell us what you would like to see on Mumsnet Co-Buying

(131 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 27-Feb-12 17:20:04

Mumsnet Co-Buying has launched this week. It works as follows: say lots of Mumsnetters want the same product - could be chocolate or cosmetics, could be gadgets or sports gear - then with Mumsnet Co-Buying the more of you who buy it, the cheaper the price becomes. In partnership with BuyaPowa, we'll feature different products each week. There will be a limited number of each product and each offer will last for a limited amount of time. For more information click here.
So we'd like to know what you'd like to see featured on Mumsnet Co-Buying.
Tell us here and we'll do our best to get the products you want.

randommoment Wed 29-Feb-12 18:18:27

Not a Kindle as local library doesn't intend to stock loans for it, but will for other e-readers. Maybe Ipad?
Nappies - no longer needed by me but I can remember that far back!
Lego definitely!
Won't be getting the chocolate as G and B is now part of one of the dodgy multinationals, will be sticking to Co-Op for my fairtrade goodies.

mumatron Wed 29-Feb-12 18:30:38

Kitchen aid please.

Preferably boysenberry ones.

apart from that I would probably be most interested in boring household items. mops, linen, table ware etc.

Hotel chocolate stuff
Kenwood Prospero
Meat boxes from Laverstoke Farm or similar
Cheese boxes from Pong
Duplo/Lego boxes
Tickets to places like the Watercress Line Steam Railway

Sounds like a good idea and I'll keep an eye out for what's on offer.

sis Wed 29-Feb-12 19:02:48

dermalogica daily microfoliant would be nice.

SeenButNotHeard Wed 29-Feb-12 19:35:21

Frizz Ease products
Theme Park Tickets
Cinema Tickets
Theatre Tickets
Ipad (hopeful)
Kitchen equipment - Mixers, kettles, toasters etc
Latest kids toys (light sabre would go down well here)
Bikes
Perfume
Camping gear

I am in for choc (obviously after Lent wink)
But generally, it needs to be a brand I recognise, with the potential to be cheaper than Amazon.

Haberdashery Wed 29-Feb-12 19:45:20

What a brilliant plan.

I would be interested in

posh bed linen
posh make up
L'artisan parfumeur perfume (especially the fig and violet ones; I realise this is rather a specific request but they are bloody expensive)
nice towels
hard anodised non-stick pans (esp the Raymond Blanc ones)
Sylvanian Sodding Families
craft supplies for children
kitchen stuff generally, nice utensils (Joseph Joseph particularly welcome), scales, food processors, stuff like that
enamelware
craft stuff for grown ups - yarn, fabric bundles, haberdashery (haha)

Warmwoollenmittens Wed 29-Feb-12 21:46:04

Liz Earle, Claudia Bradby jewellery, make up, .....
will be back with more later smile

chaos WTAF is rhubarb liqueur? Sounds delicious. Does it actually exist? Count me in.

Merrylegs Wed 29-Feb-12 22:20:59

I refuse to engage with any company calling itself 'Buyapowa'. When it changes its name to Buyer Power I might consider it.

<pedant>

<snob>

Great idea. I'm in for the chocolate already. Please can it be nice stuff? Like stuff we actually want. (Exactly like touche eclat and Green& Blacks, in fact)

Aveda shampoo & conditioner
Kitchen Aid (a reasonably priced Kitchen Aid would be awesome)
Urban Decay Eye Primer
Wolford Tights
Steam Mop
Heated Airer
Miele Cat & Dog
Lego
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
Kiehls lip balm
BBH (maybe the smaller one?)
Chanel Vitaluminiere Foundation
JellyCat toys
High end smellies e.g. Jo Malone, Laura Mercier etc.
Cheese from Paxton & Whitfield
Hampers around Christmas
Bed Linen

I'm always enthusiastic about these things in principle but so far my experience is they turn into an online TK Maxx. Nothing wrong with that, obviously, but it would be great if the MN one was a bit classier and not just cabbage and 'limited edition' versions of stuff.

OneLieIn Wed 29-Feb-12 23:32:19

Personally I don't want it. Mn is becoming v commercial, you are using the thoughts, posts of mners to build a business.

If you ask me (which you didn't) you are moving away from the very purpose of mn.

cobwebthegrey Wed 29-Feb-12 23:47:57

Dermalogica skincare.
Kenwood chef!

caramelwaffle Thu 01-Mar-12 00:20:37

Bravissimo
Dermalogica
Lego

curlywurl Thu 01-Mar-12 05:55:41

Beaming Baby eco friendly nappies please

FannyBrawne Thu 01-Mar-12 09:44:25

Seche vite

Leighton Denny crystal nail file

Miller Harris perfume

Benefit make up

GetOrfMoiiLand Thu 01-Mar-12 11:35:55

Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes

Jackstini Thu 01-Mar-12 11:37:45

High thread count bed linen
Meat boxes
Pans that can be used on induction hobs (as they are v expensive!) angry
Bravissimo

Oh - and another one for a loft conversion please grin

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Thu 01-Mar-12 11:39:27

lololol at buyapowa snobbery. i totally agree, it is a genuine turn-off. however, will reconsider if dermalogica appears.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 01-Mar-12 12:22:07

It's only a good idea if the offer is only available if 100 people sign up iyswim. So you don't get it and pay nothing if only 5 people want it rather than have to pay the stupid non bargainous price.

tattychicken Thu 01-Mar-12 12:52:01

Icey tek cool boxes... Camping stuff

fabwoman Thu 01-Mar-12 13:21:20

Maryz - do you want me to send you some chocolate?

I'm in for the chocolate - I'm surprised there's not been more takers thus far - £3 delivered is a bargain. Am liking the monkey aliases apart from the fact that I've been allocated the rather un-PC Chav Monkey!
What else would I like to see? - the beauty stuff that's coming soon doesn't really do it for me. Household stuff or maybe theme park/zoo tickets would be good but only for those that you never normally see many discounts for, so not Legoland etc for instance - unless it was a dramatic discount. And I agree with what SeenButNotHeard said, that the prices need to beat Amazon to get me interested.

Mibby Thu 01-Mar-12 15:03:38

Lego
Day out stuff/ tickets but some of the lesser known ones not just thorpe park and legoland.
Rspb/ national trust type membership? Do they do any sort of group discount thing?
Nappies
Garden stuff, if you can find anyone who delivers plants and such in decent condition
Chocolate smile

I agree with Doyouthinktheysaurus. I would only want to get the product at the 'bargain' price.

Controversial thought: if the rules remain as they are and you buy at the current price that is achieved (which would be higher than the bargain price), how can you be sure that there were not enough subscribers?

If BuyaPowa were dishonest (which hopefully, they aren't), they could state that they only had 60 people for example, even though they had a higher number and then charge the higher price to all.

As a customer, you would have no way of knowing what is going on behind the scene.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now