cake

(58 Posts)
TheAvocado Sun 19-Feb-12 14:41:03

could we have a cake topic, for all things sugarcraft. There's a big chat thread right now, full of lovely people who spend hours crafting odd things out of fondant icing (me, I've just made a scale model of a human kidney for a urologist friend)...

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1408644-Cake-people-can-we-have-a-cake-quiche

grin pretty please? thanks

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 19-Feb-12 17:42:50

Well I would agree in an iced heartbeat but will have to suggest to the Powers That Be.

InsertCrapNameHere Sun 19-Feb-12 22:35:46

Ooooooo, yes please!

OhdearNigel Mon 20-Feb-12 11:30:24

Yes please - at the moment all the questions etc are getting lost in the general chat so it would be excellent to be able to post individual threads.

We could also upload video tutorials and stuff on it [excited]

wem Mon 20-Feb-12 14:20:56

Yes please, someone mentioned it on the Kenwood Prosperous thread as well.

Yes, that was me on the Prosperos thread, I just came over to Site Stuff to suggest a Baking topic.

Maybe merge Food and Recipes into one (Cooking?) as recipes implies Food anyway and have a separate Baking topic?

wem Tue 21-Feb-12 12:50:44
HowToLookGoodGlaikit Tue 21-Feb-12 12:51:32

Please!

moonbells Tue 21-Feb-12 12:52:03

I'd agree here. We definitely need a sugarcraft topic! I'm often answering questions on where/how/what etc - but only if I happen to spot them in Active! So I must miss loads. There's a lot of amateur (and some pro) cupcake bakers and cake makers/decorators on here.

TheAvocado Tue 21-Feb-12 20:54:23

Hello MNHQ

Could the Powers That Be be bribed with Cake? Glittery Biscuits?

Om nom? We're very nice us sugarcrafters...

TeaOneSugar Wed 22-Feb-12 16:27:01

Oh yes please.

ViviPru Wed 22-Feb-12 19:51:52

meep meep

Almost 700 posts speaks for itself?

fuck me we're all bone a fighday mentile over there

EddieVeddersfoxymop Wed 22-Feb-12 19:53:04

<adds voice to the call for a baking topic>

<raises voice over sound of 150 million prosperos whirring away>

TheScottishPlayer Wed 22-Feb-12 20:11:25

Oh yes, please merge Food and Recipes and introduce a baking topic instead.

TheCunningStunt Wed 22-Feb-12 20:27:52

Yes yes yes to a baking topic!! Not just cake specific, but the entirety of baking! Cakes, pies, pastries and all things fatty delicious

McPie Wed 22-Feb-12 20:30:53

Yes Please.

Somersaults Wed 22-Feb-12 21:25:34

A baking and cake decorating topic would be wonderful smile

Ooh yes please smile please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please pleaseplease please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Not that I'm begging at all smile

TheAvocado Fri 24-Feb-12 23:13:38

please? we might make you some nice biscuits?

wem Sun 25-Mar-12 18:34:48

More supporting evidence. There have been a few others recently too. Any chance of this happening?

wimini Sun 25-Mar-12 21:58:10

<thinks about starting a campaign to mail cakes and biscuits to MNHQ until they acquiesce out of sheer sugar-loaded bloatedness>

twoistwiceasfun Sun 25-Mar-12 22:40:19

Pretty please smile

chocolateandcoffee Mon 26-Mar-12 00:39:23

oh Please please Please. Have just bought a Kmix and scones and fairy cakes are getting repetitive.

Dd has requested I make her a Minnie Mouse birthday cake. I can make the sponge but have no clue about sugarcraft.

wem Tue 10-Apr-12 11:58:23
wem Tue 10-Apr-12 16:05:12

Ahem. I mean - aHEM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now