i know it's not the done thing

(20 Posts)
Nimble2014 Thu 25-Aug-16 23:13:20

to boast about your children's achievements, but I'm so very proud of my daughter. She has always achieved average marks, but this year she told me she would do better. Despite her teachers' predictictions, she did do better, and I'm chuffed to bits.
I don't have anyone to boast to, and just really, really want someone to tell me that she's done well. I'm so very,very proud ofher.
I get I 'm being self indulgent, but goddamit, Ive gotno-one to congratulate me/my daughter.
I'm talikng about gcse's by the way

angeldiver Thu 25-Aug-16 23:15:13

Well done your dd, boast away. And you are right to be proud of her, she pulled it out of the bag when it really mattered.

Onwards and upwards wine

HeyBells Thu 25-Aug-16 23:17:08

Boast away. Sometimes there's no where else to. Well done your DD for challenging herself and exceeding expectations. Brilliant. flowers

Mner Thu 25-Aug-16 23:18:38

Congrats to your DD

PurpleDaisies Thu 25-Aug-16 23:20:32

Excellent! It's always great to see hard work rewarded with food results. What's she going to do next?

PurpleDaisies Thu 25-Aug-16 23:21:01

Food results?!! I guess you could get a cake to celebrate?

Poundpup Thu 25-Aug-16 23:43:44

Congrats to your DD, Nimble. Feel free to have a boast. Not everyone has people in the real world that they can speak to about how well their child has done.

smile

P.S. I am proud of my little man as well, people from our ends are not supposed to do well. Well he did and I am glad that his efforts have been rewarded.

ShanghaiDiva Thu 25-Aug-16 23:44:46

Congratulations to your daughter - boast away and celebrate her success!

EllenJanethickerknickers Thu 25-Aug-16 23:49:40

I boast away here and to a lesser extent on FB as I'm divorced and my parents are both dead. It's nice to have someone cheer for you!

It sounds like your DD deservedly did well by putting in the effort. Well done! You'll get further in this life by working hard than just by being clever. flowers

raspberryrippleicecream Fri 26-Aug-16 00:15:12

Well done to your DD. Enjoy flowers

noblegiraffe Fri 26-Aug-16 00:18:06

Well done your DD, lovely to hear of hard work paying off.

Her teachers will be delighted with her too.

SallyMcgally Fri 26-Aug-16 01:14:52

Well done to your DD. It's lovely to see how proud you are. It would be a sad world if that couldn't be shared and celebrated.

Leeds2 Fri 26-Aug-16 02:34:16

Well Done to your daughter. Hope you and she have a lovely celebratory evening.

DixieWishbone Fri 26-Aug-16 03:54:09

Congratulations and well done to your daughter. She must feel very proud of herself and deservedly so.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 26-Aug-16 07:22:51

Very well done to your dd smile

Wriggle45 Fri 26-Aug-16 07:27:38

How lovely..... Hope she soaks up every bit of your pride in her.

Icouldbeknitting Fri 26-Aug-16 08:04:19

Congratulations, you must feel on top of the world.

fascicle Fri 26-Aug-16 09:25:35

I think that is a real (and very mature) achievement - to challenge and exceed the expectations of others and to put in the work to achieve something more. Many congratulations to your daughter.

GetMeOut Fri 26-Aug-16 09:33:46

She has done very well and she should feel very proud of her achievements ( as should you ). I prefer a real boast as opposed to a stealth boast smilecakewine

eyebrowsonfleek Fri 26-Aug-16 18:28:20

Congratulations you must be proud. flowersflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now