Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What’s the most unusual gift to send to a friend at their office?

(25 Posts)
JDBridge Sun 23-Oct-16 19:08:55

Looking for unusual gift ideas to send to a friend in their office. Would be great to send them something that other office workers start talking about!

Forgettheworld Sun 23-Oct-16 19:21:22

What's the occasion? How about getting a flash mob to turn up at the office and sing to them

TheWitchwithNoName Sun 23-Oct-16 19:22:55

We had a pineapple turn up last week

Funko Sun 23-Oct-16 19:35:35

Someone's birthday and a balloon turned up with their own face on. Was v funny grin

JDBridge Sun 23-Oct-16 19:36:18

Hi Forgettheworld, the occasion is to send a friend an usual gift - which the rest of the office start talking about!

Hi TheWitchwithNoName, a pineapple that's awesome! How did people react? Did you send one?

Hiphopopotamus Sun 23-Oct-16 19:37:21

youtu.be/LNLvZNRNggs

A passive agressive possessive barber shop quartet...

pocketsaviour Sun 23-Oct-16 19:39:34

the occasion is to send a friend an usual gift - which the rest of the office start talking about!

Is your friend the type who'd definitely be up for this? Because I would fucking HATE it.

If you're sure she'll like it, send something sex-themed if you really want people to be talking about it.

Icequeen01 Sun 23-Oct-16 19:39:46

I had a friend who once sent a kitten in a box to my office! Very misguided friend who meant well but I was furious. I had just lost a cat to the road and she was trying to be kind. Had to leave the office to take the poor thing home. So definitely wouldn't recommend a kitten!

AmeliaJack Sun 23-Oct-16 19:44:10

I presume this is a tit for tat thing? Or there's a reason for it?

I would hate this. I'd be annoyed if my DH sent flowers to the office let alone receiving anything else.

JDBridge Sun 23-Oct-16 19:47:57

Definitely not a tit for tat thing and looking for something innocent (not sex themed...) - she would hate that too!

Is there anything you'd like to receive?

redisthenewblack Sun 23-Oct-16 20:01:57

I think it depends on the dynamic of the office, your friends personality and what is likely to get people talking.

E.g. if someone sent a single woman a bunch of flowers/balloons with loads of gush lovey dovey messages, that might get people talking more than a married woman receiving some. As would a delivery of baby bottles/clothes!

Alternatively, you might want something stupid, (the pineapple up thread is really rather funny IMO.)

HerOtherHalf Sun 23-Oct-16 20:03:41

A pack of TENA pads. They'll piss themselves.

JaneAustinAllegro Sun 23-Oct-16 20:04:02

Someone once sent a colleague a singing telegram doing cliff Richards' "it's so funny how we don't talk anymore " when they couldn't get him on the phone

The gluttonous gardener used to send really great Wild West cacti in a wooden crate which I've sent to men instead of fliwers

Whoknowswhoknows Sun 23-Oct-16 20:07:41

This sounds like a journo trawling for ideas for a feature....

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Sun 23-Oct-16 20:08:15

You can get "long-stemmed cookies" here, a box done up to look like it's a florist's box of long-stemmed roses but when you open it, nestling in the tissue paper are cookies baked onto fake stems. DH loved them for his recent birthday.

CurlsLDN Sun 23-Oct-16 20:13:12

boomf.com

Greenyogagirl Sun 23-Oct-16 20:13:21

My friend sent a woman who loves pickles, a barbie with her hair colour and office clothes in a pickle jar, being 'pickled'

JDBridge Sun 23-Oct-16 20:30:49

I think pineapple is a great idea. Any other fruits / food?

Funko Sun 23-Oct-16 21:10:44

These seem to be popular grin
eggplantmail.com/

DropZoneOne Sun 23-Oct-16 21:21:10

I was going to suggest two companies I've used in the past, Berry Scrumptious and The Ultimate Brownie, but they're both no longer in business!

ButIbeingpoor Sun 23-Oct-16 21:25:47

I sent my friend a pound of ugly tripe once. In the post. During a heatwave.
Well, I thought it was funny.....

TheNaze73 Sun 23-Oct-16 23:40:17

How about a Dean Gaffney clock?

www.amazon.co.uk/DEAN-GAFFNEY-Canvas-Signed-Artist/dp/B003BRMJD0

dangerrabbit Sun 23-Oct-16 23:46:15

Glitter bomb?

Mylittlelights Sun 23-Oct-16 23:49:30

I laughed at the Dean Gaffney clock suggestion and can't think of anything to beat that idea yet.

WicksEnd Mon 24-Oct-16 00:10:37

Send Dean Gaffney, he'll only be £10 more than the clock 😉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now