Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour? Thread 2

(1000 Posts)
izzyizin Sun 03-Mar-13 23:30:59

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1669515-Why-are-so-many-people-up-at-this-hour

This is what happens, jynier grin

Continue uninterrupted....

cafecito Sat 23-Mar-13 01:50:24

he was cool, his secretary was relieved she didn't have to spend her day sorting it out

cafecito Sat 23-Mar-13 01:53:45

I think the locker scene is more applicable to our Instigator, SummerDad hehe all hail SD!

jynier Sat 23-Mar-13 04:12:18

Can't sleep, as usual, but have been standing outside looking at the snow falling! Village looks beautiful!!! Earlier on, was listening to bellringing practice (the church is just down the road) and was struck by the wonder of it! There were some real experts there tonight but, equally, always enjoy listening to the beginners on Friday nights.

Hope that you all have a peaceful and uneventful night; best wishes to the little children who are unwell, bless them, and hope that they have a very speedy recovery!!!

KittyAndTheFontanelles Sat 23-Mar-13 05:39:55

So we are the furry creatures in a thread locker awaiting your arrival? I think that's about right actually grin.

So far she has woken every hour through the nightsad At least she took her medicine and a sip of water this time but really all she wants is melon booby.

What a beautiful post jynier. You paint a magical picture smile (apart from your sadness of course)I hope the you are finding the scene uplifting.thanks

Minimammoth Sat 23-Mar-13 07:57:07

I was over optimistic with the wine, should've had the bump zapper cocktail, got through the night ok, but having a lumpy morning. I am stoopid, thinking well i'll just try this one maybe I won't react..... Oh and add baked beans to the list. ( they do have tomato sauce so should've known better.
I certainly do not want to be a furry creature in a locker waiting for the great Z to turn up... He might get ideas above his station, <heaves busom> hills melon whatevs

starsandunicorns Sat 23-Mar-13 08:05:06

Is back home after doing the weekly shop on way home from work.

MrsShrek I have 3 diff sets of leg warmers i worn my mutli coloured ones that have bobbles/ pom poms on so they bounce when i walk unlike my hills grin

Kitty work ok but really dragged from 3am and i just kept fucking snowing

wont mention i slipped on the slush outside my house getting to the car and landed on a bum cheek so had a cold soggy arse for most of the shift

MrsShrek3 Sat 23-Mar-13 08:05:37

pmsl.... and love jynier's description of her christmassy village.
ohhhhh lumpy, what are we going to do with you?

MrsShrek3 Sat 23-Mar-13 08:07:33

envy at pompoms on legwarmers not really
is your arse dry and thawed yet, stars?

starsandunicorns Sat 23-Mar-13 08:19:18

Dry arse and has thawed back to sqishhy self grin
finishing brew than off to get toasty warm cuddling into dp though think his feet were cold after walking back from work as one of his feet was sticking out of the duvet and hes wearing my fluffy bedsocks grin

Minimammoth Sat 23-Mar-13 08:49:05

That sure paints a picture starsgrin 6ins of snow here and it's still coming. Travel plans cancelled. It's ever so pretty though, but no romantic bell ringing as in Jyniers village.

Midwife99 Sat 23-Mar-13 08:57:04

Mornin all!! grin

Kitty (or should we call you Bitty?) - you will have major melons with all that night feeding!! Corr!!

Welcome back Cafe from the super furry animals! That's so weird - I've seen MIB loads of times but can't remember that scene!! blush

Snow here too Jynier! The hills are now very festive! It's so pretty but my lovely DS now cannot make it home from Manchester University today sad

cafecito Sat 23-Mar-13 10:30:01

I particularly love them scuttling into the X rated movie.... sounds just like this thread grin

jynier your village sounds peaceful and beautiful

snowing here too, am skiving work today, to do other work, trying to decide where I will be least distracted to focus... heermmmm procrastinates on MN

Midwife99 Sat 23-Mar-13 11:02:16

I always find reading tales of unfaithful partners in the Relationships thread fairly distracting when avoiding study Cafe!

I taught a neonatal life support course on Thursday & was recertified for another 4 years by the Resus Council. I was feeling very pleased with myself until an email arrived on Friday telling me that from 1st May the course has completely changed & we have to be shit hot ready by then. The new course CD will arrive at the beginning of April. There will be alot of procrastination in April!! blush

starsandunicorns Sat 23-Mar-13 14:59:41

Is awake thankyou for the kind words SD

Oh blooming hell midwife you need to get study supplies in smile

Nice to see you back cafecito

Min dp just woke up and started wandering around the flat like a semi sleeping toddler( but with added ball scrating ) with purple fluffy socks on !!!

had dds so dont know if boy toddlers do that. Have redirected dp back to duvet for a few more hours hes back at work tonight

Midwife99 Sat 23-Mar-13 18:49:54

Yes I've just ordered a case of Tempranillo! Does that count? grin

Minimammoth Sat 23-Mar-13 19:13:06

Oh I think so, although I'm not sure it will help you to think straight.

Minimammoth Sat 23-Mar-13 19:21:25

Am watching a program about the Wye valley, not far from me. I am so longing to see blossom and walk barefoot on the grass. C'mon Spring.

KittyAndTheFontanelles Sat 23-Mar-13 21:46:36

Mini the Wye valley is lovely, l know it well. Which part do you live in? Tis the real garden of England I think grin. Everyone should see the Wye Valley in spring at least once. smile

I'm sorry your son can't come home. Manchester uni eh? Great choicesmile What's he reading? Perhaps stars could lend him some leg warmers to cheer him up smile

themidwife you are a baby saving hero in my book wink

KittyBitty? oh my! grin

KittyAndTheFontanelles Sat 23-Mar-13 21:52:11

oh dear, I amalgamated themidwife and mini hmm

That's because this app won't let me refer back while composing and I'm a ditz

Sorry about your stranded son themidwife smile

jynier Sun 24-Mar-13 00:58:28

Best wishes to you all and hoping that you are all coping with the bad weather; love that you all like my description of our beautiful village!!! I had a drug addict/dealer/prostitute next door for a year; she was only 20!!! It was awful - men visiting all hours, cars screeching up and down our little lane, regular abuse, unable to use our communal garden, littering, urination (and worse) ...

Won't go on but think that you have the gist!

Poor girl! She's gone (not dead but moved on) now but we have other drug dealers in our village.

KittyAndTheFontanelles Sun 24-Mar-13 01:09:29

Well you've just ruined Camberwick Green for all of us, jynier grin

cafecito Sun 24-Mar-13 01:28:47

grin

jynier Sun 24-Mar-13 01:28:51

I know! Sadly, the drugs problem is not uncommon in my beautiful part of the world and is why I appreciated the pleasure of standing outside last night and drinking in the atmosphere of the snow and the bellringing without any harassment.

I feel very sorry for young people who are coerced into the drugs culture and dealing.

cafecito Sun 24-Mar-13 01:33:01

oh dear jynier- sometimes that can be the way, think somerset for instance had the highest rate of teen pregnancy in europe for many years- not a lot else to do...

I am eating snickers bars in the middle of the night, trying to learn various new statutes [failed diet, failed saturday night]

kitty I love you even more now you said what subect is he reading <fans self>

how is DD?

KittyAndTheFontanelles Sun 24-Mar-13 01:33:04

It is a terrible, heartbreaking thing. I agree sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.