Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The Brave Babes Battle Bus - Are Going To Need A Bigger Bus!

(1000 Posts)
Mouseface Tue 08-Jan-13 11:59:43

Hello, tis me, Mouse smile

Welcome to the Brave Babes Battle Bus, it's a place of solace, support and sanctuary, but also it's also a Bus full of chatterboxes, waffling on about all sorts!

Our aim this year is to kick the WineWitch or WW into touch and get sober!

Some of the Babes on board are doing Dry January, some drink in moderation, some just drink. Some of us are sober, some of us are trying so very, very hard to be.

Some of us have been dry for days, weeks, months and some of us years...... some of us are just starting out and are scared of what stopping drinking means. It's not forever, it's just for today if that's what you want.

We have a saying on the Bus One Day At A Time. Or ODAAT smile

Take each moment, each day and each blip as it comes.

Although some Babes have been here a while and kind of 'know' each other, we all have different lives, different roles to play, different places to sit on the Bus, but we ALL have or have had abusive relationships with alcohol and we're here because we want that to change; for the better.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE so don't be afraid to just jump right in and say hello. Post as much or as little as you like! It's all up to you.

For those who want to catch up - here is the PREVIOUS THREAD

And the first ever thread, with links to the others over the last almost 3 years! FIRST THREAD

kotinka Tue 08-Jan-13 12:18:06

Happy Purply Birthday to PurpleWolfe!

<<slides into Driver's seat in case Silver is going to fight me for it. Siiill-veerrr if I click Gerald's back wheels together and make him close his headlights very tight and make a wish would you come back and say hello??? >>

aliasjoey Tue 08-Jan-13 16:06:11

mmm I like that intro mouse

greeneyed Tue 08-Jan-13 16:27:55

Saving seat - Right I'm going to give this bus a bloody good clean before you rabble get on - there's sweet wrappers everywhere!

Mouseface Tue 08-Jan-13 17:03:24

Oi!

Get back over HERE FOR NOW PLEASE you lot, you'll confuse people!

<stern look> wink

Fairenuff Tue 08-Jan-13 17:36:35

< runs in to bagsy back seat and runs out again before Mouse notices > grin

kotinka Tue 08-Jan-13 18:26:07

{feels suitably told off}

aliasjoey Tue 08-Jan-13 20:50:11

<saving a seat up front near the driver>

jesuswhatnext Tue 08-Jan-13 21:02:42

BOING!!! grin just wanted to be on the first page! (soz mouse!) well, big news, (for me anyway) one of my dsil (i have several, luckily i can call them all friends as well as 'sil') has taken her first steps to being sober, makes us sound like a right family of boozers but no, she is just like us, very stressful responsible job, just 'got in the habit' of opening the bottle every evening - she has had no 'rock bottom' as such, she is just switched on enough to have seen one coming, which is more than i ever did!! have pointed her this way but i think she is just going to read for now rather than post, i have a feeling lots of 'babes' do that!

anyway, love to all - (my new year reso...whatsit, is to spend more time here, i miss you all loads!

L XXXXX

determinedma Tue 08-Jan-13 21:46:06

Strolls smugly onto bus having completed the last thread correctly.
<sees indie in the driving seat and tries to get back off bus>

Please drop in silver - I miss you

Just putting my orange juice down to join new fred!!

HorsesDogsNails Tue 08-Jan-13 21:49:28

makemestronger have you read any Jack Reacher books by Lee Child? I love them - gripping storylines, not too taxing(!), and a rugged hero to boot...... They do follow in an order but they do stand up as individual stories. I have them all so can recommend one if you like!

Tigerinthegrass Tue 08-Jan-13 21:59:46

Oooo shiney new one!

determinedma Tue 08-Jan-13 22:01:47

I just finished reading The Night Circus, which DH got me for Christmas.its really good, hard to explain but about a magical, fantasy circus where a battle between two young magicians is played out in the form of ever more breathtaking performances.

MakeMeStronger Tue 08-Jan-13 22:07:27

ma east horses I definitely need something not too taxing. I''ve enjoyed Cecelia Ahern and Marian Keyes in the past. Absolutely loved One Day by David Nicholls. Also enjoyed Lovely Bones. My sister recommended The Time Travellers Wife but I couldn't get into it. I also liked the Twilight books!!!

Melissa Hill - funny but readable grin We'll get you there!!

MakeMeStronger Tue 08-Jan-13 22:26:10

Thanks east I''ll have a look on Amazon. I've never been a regular reader. Once I get into a book, I can't put it down but can go months without reading. We should start a book club! smile And I can try and keep up!!!

Hi Babes, just off to bed but wanted to check in.
Mouse I so heart you! Thanks for the hug. I went to the meeting (I am a trustee of a charity I think is really important and this was a board meeting so was not going to cry off this one)
HOOEVVA! (however) I did not go for a drink afterwards and came straight home although I did have a major wobble as I got out of the car and Bargain Booze is only 3 minutes walk from my front door. (Classy I know)
I am about to hit the sack after lovely tea of wholemeal burritos with vegan bean filling.
Guess what btw?? I realised this morning that I have lost 5 lbs in weight since stopping drinking...now there is a reason to be cheerful smile
Take care babes
<<sets out comfy safe seats in the sidecar for any babes lurking or otherwise who are drinking tonight. Leaves note telling them to post too>>
xxx

lookingforhope Tue 08-Jan-13 22:48:21

Hi all - just wanted to wish Purple a happy birthday x

babyjane1 Tue 08-Jan-13 23:08:05

Hi guys, wish I could name check but my dd's won't give me peace long enough to read everything back (pesky kids) I've never know us to be such a positive bunch, it's giving me real inspiration and I'm at the end of day 3, not a miracle but a massive step in the right direction!!! Can I just ask anyone ahead of me did you sweat profusely, it's literally dripping off me but my i don't feel anxious or twitchy just mega sweaty, I'm torn between being horrified I'm suffering this level of withdrawal and pleased my body is spitting that horrid wine out of my pores!!! Anyone else the same?? Anyway that poor old wine witch has taken a beating today and let's do the same tomorrow. Good night my friends x x x

Tigerinthegrass Tue 08-Jan-13 23:32:07

Ooo jesus are your ears burning, sure someone was asking where you were today. I hope you are well. Well done baby I'm sure the sweats are totally normal and won't last long. Night all

kotinka Tue 08-Jan-13 23:49:21

Sorry for the late reply all, yes, just one G&T with I naproxen, 2 paracetamol & 2 codeine & I fell asleep. The pain is my arthritis flaring up, as it does from time to time.

I'm moving now, which is something.

PurpleWolfe Wed 09-Jan-13 00:06:36

I'm a little, happily, overwhelmed by the lovely birthday wishes on here today (yesterday now!). Thank you all, so, so much.

I was facing a day on my own -DC are with ExP on Tuesdays and I tried, really hard, not to say anything to them to make them feel bad about not being here (for me! How old am I ffs!) tonight. Birthdays have always been a bit emotive for me. Can't really ever remember having a good one when I was a child and then seem to have picked the sort of man that doesn't really think treating his 'partner' on her birthday is the done thing. My Father is still alive but he hasn't sent me a card in years. A bit like Koti's Dad, his cards, when he did send them, were signed as just 'from'. Sheesh! Don't friggin' bother! And, of course, my Mother is long gone.

So, birthdays bring out the small child in me and I regress badly. Happily, my gorgeous friend Kate seemed to have a psychic notion yesterday and invited me round to her house for dinner. Bless her heart! She has saved me from sinking into an enormous, self pitying black hole.

Yes, Mouse, my Lovely, I am drinking water as we 'speak'. I am currently in the side car but tomorrow I shall be boarding the bus! I knew this would be a hurdle for me but tomorrow is just another, normal, ordinary day and I will be strong.

Sorry to not name check or read the back posts. I hope everyone is OK and feeling strong. I'm tired and have been fighting the laptop (new iPod Classic installation upset it somewhat!) and sorry that it's been a me, me, me post but I just wanted to tell you all how much your support and kind words have touched, supported and helped me. Goodnight my lovely friends. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Green, Soma, Help, Mouse, Gugg thank you for the words of encouragement this morning. I do feel different this time. Hope it lasts!

Mouse hope it goes well at the hospital.
Soma I'm glad DD is calmer about you and xDH. Any spark there still, do you think?
Help I hope you feel better - it sounds horribly painful. Koti too.
Clutter glad the interview went well, and the radio for Holly

Happy Birthday Purple!

Another good day here. Knackered now so I'll bid you babes goodnight xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.