Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Crotch grabbing, jelly nailing, double-quick portions and man parts floating in a pear tree...dating thread 33 survived Christmas so bring on NYE!

(1000 Posts)
OhLittleTownofWesternWind Wed 26-Dec-12 00:14:51

Here we are!

MsArsebiscuit Tue 01-Jan-13 15:43:44

There you go then, he might not want to admit to being hungover. Or he might have been pole dancing, like Ike.

( that's just reminded me, I had a patient a couple of weeks ago, middle aged, perfectly respectable woman who when I asked how she'd injured herself, paused for a moment, then said that she'd had a couple of drinks, saw a pole, and decided to give it a go - a cautionary tale for us all )

Wallison Tue 01-Jan-13 15:44:02

Well, there you go then. Two perfectly sensible reasons for not wanting to go out, neither of which indicate that he doesn't fancy you.

ike1 Tue 01-Jan-13 15:47:15

Oh Arse that has made me laugh.....that's middle aged womdn for you up for anything after a few Tia Marias

WhatDoesTheDogSay Tue 01-Jan-13 15:48:29

velvet that sucks. How apologetic was his message? Agree with others that he most likely does have a dreadful hangover, and who would want to go on a date

ike1 Tue 01-Jan-13 15:48:36

...or a bottle and a half of Cava in my case...

BantaBaby Tue 01-Jan-13 15:49:29

Velvet -didn't he already say he thought you were too good looking to be interested in him?

Let him do the running on this one. Act cool, don't stress. It's a perfectly justifiable reason for not meeting - turning up to meet someone fantastic whilst knowing you look like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards.

lubeybooby Tue 01-Jan-13 15:51:04

Velvet no way could I manage a date today. I might have thought I could earlier but then I suddenly felt awful and had a three hour nap! Glad I wasn't ment to be doing anything else. I'm sure he's telling the truth, don't be negative... plus he has to go to work as well, I really wouldn't worry

WhatDoesTheDogSay Tue 01-Jan-13 15:51:56

Oops! On phone.

*would want to go on a date feeling like death warmed up. And, from messaging you, could he maybe have got the impression that you're such a totally cool person that him cancelling wouldn't bother you? But it's bad form and in your shoes I'd be pissed off and disappointed. Not a dealbreaker though!

WhatDoesTheDogSay Tue 01-Jan-13 15:52:43

Aargh multi-x-posts in between both parts of my post!

VelvetSpoon Tue 01-Jan-13 16:54:45

Yes, last night he said he thought I was out of his league. But if he does think that, would he really risk cancelling?....

We have hopefully rearranged.

I am a bit disappointed, but tbh I feel a bit shit myself so its probably for the best!

OhLittleTownofWesternWind Tue 01-Jan-13 17:02:33

Ike sounds like you had a brilliant time. Nothing awful, just good fun.

48 how's your mum doing? You ready to rock?

Velvet how very disappointing. Last minute let downs are just the worst. But it does sound like he has a reasonable excuse especially if he has to be up early tomorrow. Has he said anything else?

Got woken up by a phone call from LM and then spent the day with him, all the children and his mum at the park and having a meal. Wonderful. Children all get on too ... Life is good. Not firing on all cylinders today so am having a little lie down to recover.

OhLittleTownofWesternWind Tue 01-Jan-13 17:04:16

Sorry Velvet cross posted. I think he wants to be at his best when you meet to minimise the chances of you being disappointed ...

OhLittleTownofWesternWind Tue 01-Jan-13 17:04:22

Sorry Velvet cross posted. I think he wants to be at his best when you meet to minimise the chances of you being disappointed ...

VelvetSpoon Tue 01-Jan-13 17:17:54

he did say he didnt want to see me when he was tired and in a crappy mood Western so you might be right.

sounds like you've had a fab day though with LM. Really pleased for you smile

lubeybooby Tue 01-Jan-13 17:18:45

Velvet I don't get it - 'risking' cancelling?

I mean... unless he has a history of cancelling a lot then he will likely be very confident that a cancellation won't mean he is dumped. It wouldn't even cross my mind tbh if I had to cancel on someone, especially if my reasons were solid (I do think his are solid enough anyway) I would just be apologetic and presume they would be ok with meeting another time.

However I did miss most of thread 32 so if he has got that history then I take it back!

lubeybooby Tue 01-Jan-13 17:20:11

oooh and yes what OWW said. I could have dragged myself along to a date today but I'd have been yawning, not looking my best and slightly grumpy. Not good! Don't worry Velvet honestly

lubeybooby Tue 01-Jan-13 17:21:43

When is it re-arranged for?

VelvetSpoon Tue 01-Jan-13 17:28:33

lubey I'm just being a bit of a princess about it, no history of cancelling!

Rearranged for Saturday evening (barring either of us cancelling in the meantime of course!)

lubeybooby Tue 01-Jan-13 17:38:13

It being re-arranged already is good!

My second date might be Saturday too, he's gonna let me know tomorrow apparently when he's checked out some work stuff

BantaBaby Tue 01-Jan-13 17:40:33

I completely understand Velvets point, though. Having to cancel/postpone a first date is very bad form. Having to postpone a second date (which this would be, right Velvet?) is still on dangerous ground - risking the other person thinking you're unreliable. It's always risky, especially if you think the other person is out of your league. Which Spaceman does.

lubeybooby Tue 01-Jan-13 17:42:45

I expect he thought turning up looking or feeling like death would be riskier then wink

VelvetSpoon Tue 01-Jan-13 17:43:55

well, he said he really wanted to see me and was sorry about cancelling etc, so I said we should look upon it as postponing and when did he want to postpone to - he suggested saturday.

hopefully we will both have dates Lubey grin

lubeybooby Tue 01-Jan-13 17:46:10

Hopefully Velvet grin

lubeybooby Tue 01-Jan-13 17:47:05

If nothing ends up happening with him then I'm considering a quick revisit to PoF IE section to find myself a new FWB... hopefully it won't get to that point though

lubeybooby Tue 01-Jan-13 17:55:12

This thread is not accepting new messages.