Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Crotch grabbing, jelly nailing, double-quick portions and man parts floating in a pear tree...dating thread 33 survived Christmas so bring on NYE!

(1000 Posts)
OhLittleTownofWesternWind Wed 26-Dec-12 00:14:51

Here we are!

48howdidthathappen Wed 26-Dec-12 20:06:45

I tried to brain my ex with a large, heavy olive oil bottle. Trust me those buggers don't break.

You have my sympathy snape A man can drive us to take drastic measures.

Pixiebelle123 Wed 26-Dec-12 20:13:13

Merry C word everyone! So for all I hated POF it seems I may have met the man of my dreams there! I have only been seeing Mr tall for a month but we've met up a lot, Coffee is getting better and better and he makes me smile like a loon. He told me he loves me yesterday! I think I might feel the same, eeek!

Snape - what did ex do to make you feel stabby?!

notthegrinch Wed 26-Dec-12 20:20:55

snape do feel free to take a swipe at my ex while you are there please.

OhLittleTownofWesternWind Wed 26-Dec-12 20:22:27

48 just tell Mr FU to FO - politely of course, but telling him you've met someone else will probably sort him out. Sounds great with Mr R&R.

Pixie Blimey things are moving fast with you. So glad you're happy.

Same for Poppy! All these happy stories are restoring my faith in men and the big old L word - well, almost.

I sort of want LM to get all loved up too but then again I don't. I think we're better off taking things slowly and steadily, suits us better, but I'm still a bit jealous of all these happy people falling in love all over this thread. Gah.

AndLibbyMakesThree Wed 26-Dec-12 20:24:28

Pixie, great to hear that things are going so well with Mr Tall. It seems things are going well with Mr Coffee too. The only problem is that he mentioned MN last night, and I'm now paranoid he might read this thread! So I probably won't post about him again.

But I'm happy to be able to report that he seems to have certain similarities to Mr R&R, and I'm going round in a sleep-deprived but very happy state today ... after well over 2 years with no Coffe, it's much appreciated!

ike1 Wed 26-Dec-12 20:25:42

Oh dont worry OWW there are always folok like me! (grimace)

ike1 Wed 26-Dec-12 20:26:03

folk (duh!)

AndLibbyMakesThree Wed 26-Dec-12 20:26:56

Poppy, great to hear that things are going great with you and Sugar Daddy.

OWW, it sounds from what you've said as if you and LM are really fond of each other. In your short time together you've gone through stuff that some couples will never have to face in a lifetime.

48howdidthathappen Wed 26-Dec-12 20:28:05

libby One word. Afterglow smile

AndLibbyMakesThree Wed 26-Dec-12 20:32:17

48 - that's exactly it!

BantaBaby Wed 26-Dec-12 20:37:10

well I've kind of got two dates sorted out, but don't know if things will work out enough to be doing the whole falling in L thing.

I did fall a little bit more in love with my youngest earlier though. She ran through to get me and said 'Daddy, I made an evention, come and see' (she's 4) so I wandered through and she picked up a cardboard tube from a roll of wrapping paper. 'It stops me smelling!' she says. 'How?' I say?

'Well when I dance like this.. ' and bends over, sticks her backside out and wiggles it side to side frantically, which is her favourite dance move at the moment - 'sometimes I do bottom burps. But I just hold the tube here' and proceeds to hold one end against her bottom.. 'when I do them, it takes the smell away from me'

I'm so proud. My little flatulent inventor.

Oh he's just undermining. DS1 didn't want to go to ex sister-in-laws for Boxing Day with her family and granny/granpa. I didn't particularly want to go either, but I'm the only driver, no overground trains, so I shape up and do something I don't want to necessarily do because I accept responsibilities and I think it's a good life lesson for Ds1 thatyou sometimes have to nail on a smile and get on with things. DS1 starts whining on that he doesn't feel 'well' I say 'shape up, you're going.' dS1 whines a bit more. XP walks in and is all 'poor boy, stay at home' angry then I drive to north London, I don't like driving when I have to navigate as I get stressed. XP 'helped' by pointing out road signs 'oh! Blackwall tunnel'. Yes. Thanks.

i think I'm just taking sides. Ds2 was a bit maudlin last night that he gets hand-me-downs and has a shit haircut (me & DD cut it)that he wants dance lessons (curse you strictly come dancing!) and that he doesn't like his dad this makes me feel really sad, but vindicated at the same time. So I bought him a jumper and some terribly hipster purple trousers today. Haircut tomorrow. Dance lessons January.

sigh he's been drinking as well. Only got to keep up the nailed on smile until Friday...

MirandaWest Wed 26-Dec-12 20:55:08

Hello smile

Yogagirl17 Wed 26-Dec-12 20:57:11

For Snape and everyone else whose ex is equally charming:

Cell Block Tango

notthegrinch Wed 26-Dec-12 21:03:26

You would not believe what my ex is doing right now in order to annoy me (and I can't tell you because it has the potential to out me in RL) but frankly the cell block tango is looking like a reasonable prospect right now, especially if my hair and make up looks that good.

48howdidthathappen Wed 26-Dec-12 21:08:28

Yoga grin Who could not get the popping gum.

Frog to Prince. Went down well smile

48howdidthathappen Wed 26-Dec-12 21:11:37

A trait that starts of endearing. Can become your worst nightmare in time.

WarmFuzzyFun Wed 26-Dec-12 21:15:30

Bant get onto the patent office grin

Movingforward123 Wed 26-Dec-12 21:42:19

Wow lots of loved up people at the moment smile

Still cant believe mrw broke up with me a couple of days before Xmas, I'm not upset now. I am thinking I might sign up for online dating again but not too sure still thinking about it confused

48howdidthathappen Wed 26-Dec-12 21:43:46

Advice please.

Mr R&R has started referring to me as GF in texts. Weird after so long. Is that too soon?

Next thing. During engagement he said 'Say you love me' what is that all about confused I laughed blush

OhLittleTownofWesternWind Wed 26-Dec-12 21:50:42

48 well, I'm probably the wrong person to reply as I am very much one to take things slowly. The gf thing - have you talked about this? Gf implies exclusivity and a move on from a casual relationship. Needs a chat, really.

Say you love me? Aaargh run run run. It's one thing in the throes of passion to say that you love the other person, but quite another to tell them to say that they love you. Laughing is probably a good move. Has he said he loves you btw?

Yogagirl17 Wed 26-Dec-12 21:56:30

How long has it been 48? GF...maybe. 'Say you love me'...sounds a bit hmm

48howdidthathappen Wed 26-Dec-12 22:08:56

Ok thankyou. Will ask about both New years day when he gets back from Yorkshire.

Lots is fantastic. But not heavily invested. Early days.

48howdidthathappen Wed 26-Dec-12 22:10:08

OWW No he hasn't. I would RUN if he did.

Movingforward123 Wed 26-Dec-12 22:15:22

48 hmm the girlfriend thing might not be too bad, but I think there should be some conversation had before he starts saying that! But telling you to tell him you love him is going too far!!

How long have you been seeing each other?

This thread is not accepting new messages.