Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The Brave Babes Battle Bus - Spicing Up The Winter Nights With Rich Hot Chocolate And Thermal Tights!

(1000 Posts)
Mouseface Tue 27-Nov-12 21:13:48

Hello, I'm Mouse smile

I'm one of the Brave Babes travelling on this fantabulous Bus, on it's journey to the wonderful world of sobriety. smile

The great thing is, that the people on here are a real mixed bunch. Some are drinking regularly, some aren't. Some are sober and have been for any number of days, some weeks, months and yep, some even for years.

There's no judging pants allowed, no savoury flans either wink, just lots of unconditional support from many varied sources. Yes, some of us have been here from the start but please don't let that stop you posting, this thread is for EVERYONE and it always has been smile

If you'd like to have a look back, here are some links. One to the previous thread and one to the very first, and the reason we are all still here.

See you soon,

Mouse xx

PREVIOUS THREAD

FIRST EVER THREAD

kotinka Thu 06-Dec-12 09:46:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greeneyed Thu 06-Dec-12 09:53:02

Can I join the misery fest? Husband's client just gone to into administration owing his firm lots of money - he is already under the microscope at work - I am so scared of him losing his job and us literally having NOTHING -

George Osborne can get to fuck - what was he talking about yesterday - we are on the right track no George the deficit is no smaller than it was in 2010 and we are in negative growth - pull your head out from your backside man! Rant over - I still won't drink today - we can't afford it!

Baby - family life is bloody difficult sometimes it's just like groundhog day, bloody relentless and thankless - I think we are sold a big lie really marriage and kids it just ain't what's it's cracked up to be - We have to take the special moments when we can and count our blessings, one day we will have some life back of our own xx

babyjane1 Thu 06-Dec-12 10:38:02

kotinka you are so right people do presume I'm a moron even my own dd who is 13, infact especially her, and green it's a thankless shit job and I resent it like hell, and here I am 41 with a 2 year dd who by the way is WILD so by the time I get my life I'll be too bloody senile to remember I have it back. I feel totally trapped, im ageing with every passing day and dont even recognise myself any more, it's so depressing knowing that your best years are behind you and you'll be bringing up an 11 year old when I'm 50 with a useless prat of a man. God I'm so sorry, I'm actually crying whilst typing, I could runaway ( no money to run anywhere) Crikey now you why i bloody well drink ( sorry its me me me me) xxx

venusandmars Thu 06-Dec-12 11:10:06

baby it does sound as though things are tough for you at the moment sad, but please understand that none of that is why you drink. You drink because you've developed a habit of reverting to wine whenever things get too much. Don't let the wine witch trick you into thinking that you can't change while your circumstances remain the same. It is the Wine Witch who is making you drink, not your situation. Use your anger against her - she really does deserve it.

kotinka Thu 06-Dec-12 11:24:55

babyjane1 Thu 06-Dec-12 11:26:01

I hear you Venus mouse talked about the ready brek glow of wine
that's how I feel, it kinds separates me from the mundane shit i wade through daily, I gulp the first glass and all the disappointments have warmer fuzzier edges, I know it's wrong and you are right I need to find another way to achieve the same end, it's sad to admit but life as it stands is just plain BORING and futile without the hazy glow of being tipsy. Time to work on myself I think .......

greeneyed Thu 06-Dec-12 11:59:44

Baby I can relate to everything you say completely I feel trapped and disapointed too - marriage and kids are a con - it certainly aint happily ever after for most people I know!

greeneyed Thu 06-Dec-12 12:02:16

However can't blame my drinking on it as I drank way more before all these shackles and in a way they have anchored me from going completely off the rails - given me purpose albeit to make others happy as opposed to myself. Venus you are right the drinking is a habit and has been my whole life through - a go to answer to any problem

SobaSoma Thu 06-Dec-12 12:47:20

Baby this might make you feel better, I'm 55 and DD is 13 next month and apart from my drinking ishoos life isn't half bad....Since my divorce 6 years ago things have steadily improved and I will not hear a mere stripling of 41 say that her best years are behind her! You're just in a bit of a trough right now but you'll get out of it. I know what you mean about life being boring without booze though, for me wine doesn't just give it fuzzy edges, it gives it wings, but Venus is right and we must try and find healthy ways to cope.

kikilondon Thu 06-Dec-12 13:25:51

hey, everyone...sorry to hear all the upsets on here today. babyjane, do NOt beat yourself up! we're in this together so get back on track today - it's a new day.

feeling v good again today - me and dh started watching Crickley Hall on iplayer last night and had such a nice evening...miles nicer than when we are sitting there drinking glass after glass of wine

my skin looking better too and stomach definitely less flabby (god, does wine really make that much difference??)

echo the wise words being said on here - the wine is a bad habit we've all slipped into...it doesn't help life in any way!

kotinka Thu 06-Dec-12 13:44:04

babyjane1 Thu 06-Dec-12 16:07:35

Thanks to you all for your kindness and support, I went for swim and sauna to get all those witchy toxins out, been shopping and a lovely dinner ready. Have told dh that I feel invisible and he has promised to think more about my feelings so I feel heaps better and tonight I will not drink and every one of you lovelies got me through a real hard morning so thank you thank you thank you xxxxx

kikilondon Thu 06-Dec-12 19:19:42

well done, babyj!! I've just had a v spicy virgin mary - hits the spot and v v healthy!

kikilondon Thu 06-Dec-12 19:20:13

and well done kotinka too - sounds like things are even-ing out smile

dementedma Thu 06-Dec-12 19:37:51

hi all, no tkeeping up with the thread but ok
mouse are you and nemo ok?
Thurso you too my missile-dodging friend?

greeneyed Thu 06-Dec-12 20:22:05

Ma I hope all is well and calm at your house tonight. Mouse I hope all is well for you too and that you are just taking a well deserved rest from imparting your wisdom to us more needy newcomers, hope your DH is on the mend and it is a happier household. purple you busy with your hot new man?

kotinka Thu 06-Dec-12 20:24:20

greeneyed Thu 06-Dec-12 20:56:10

not unreasonable at all

kotinka Thu 06-Dec-12 21:14:42

aliasjoey Thu 06-Dec-12 22:27:27

of course not unreasonable! you have been suffering all week, and the kids too, you definitely need some recovery time.

dementedma Thu 06-Dec-12 22:29:51

All is calm but am drinking.
Its snowing.

Fairenuff Thu 06-Dec-12 22:36:26

I wish we had snow, it's so pretty.

Keep yourself warm ma and dream of babeland.

Tonight I picture it with a fine dusting of frost, clear skies and millions of bright twinkling stars that shine so bright all the way out in the countryside. It's silent and behind all those little cottage windows are all the babes tucked up safe and warm in their beds without a care in the world.

x

dementedma Thu 06-Dec-12 22:40:50

Oh fairethat's lovely.
Its snowing here, the Christmas tree is twinkling and I'm off to bed

greeneyed Thu 06-Dec-12 22:47:45

Faire that is so lovely! I'm going to pretend I'm there now smile

aliasjoey Thu 06-Dec-12 22:57:23

pouring with rain here! dog not keen on going out to do his business, came in soaked and tried to kill the bathroom origin revenge hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.