Loft conversion

(31 Posts)
Anewmum2be Thu 24-Feb-11 09:59:46

We're thinking about converting our loft into two bedrooms and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good, reliable and cheap company that will come to South London. Any help appreciated.

wobblypig Thu 24-Feb-11 21:24:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

puttingmyfingeronit Thu 24-Feb-11 21:28:12

Two friends of mine have used A1 lofts and been happy with the results. They finished on time and on budget.
They cover the whole of London.
I've seen some good reviews on MN for Econolofts and they seem to cover London.

Some people in your area must be in the process of having theirs done. why not knock on their doors and ask them about their experience - people are usually very happy to talk about their builders/work they've had done IME.

Elibean Thu 24-Feb-11 22:15:14

We used Scott McCabe, and are about to use them again. Not sure how they compare cost-wise to others, but they were reliable, great planning/communication, and lovely result.

Anewmum2be Thu 10-Mar-11 22:40:12

Thanks ladies.

I know this is an old thread, but I have a similar question. We want a loft conversion and are keen to use a company with a good reputation. South London lofts have been round, but we need at least 2 more quotes.

Thanks in advance.

Bumping....

kpaljon Mon 20-May-13 19:12:43

We are just about finished with our loft and used Scott mccabe. They have so far done great work. We found a1 really expensive for what seemed like the same service.

Thanks kpaljon. I will check them out.

marilynmonroe Tue 21-May-13 21:01:01

We used a1 recently and they were fab. Totally recommend them. We are in south London.

Lozario Tue 21-May-13 21:06:41

We're using Landmark Lofts - so far, so good!

Smiles26 Tue 21-May-13 23:42:45

We used SGH Maintenance, no problems at all and very pleased with the work

mummyonthewedge Thu 30-May-13 14:32:45

We used A1 and unfortunately I do not have a good word to say about them. We used them on the basis of strong recommendations from our neighbours, but because you get a different team every time there is no way of knowing how your job will be handled. We have experienced everything from site practices that put our children's safety at risk, to water coming through the roof, difficulty in contacting them for follow up repairs, and lots of faulty work. We really regret choosing them.

newmana88 Thu 30-May-13 16:17:55

I also, very strongly, do not recommend A1. We have experienced all the issues noted by mummyonthewedge, including serious safety issues.

Tiffjak Wed 04-Sep-13 12:39:29

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

nappyjane Mon 02-Dec-13 15:31:36

Alex1970 Fri 20-Dec-13 21:06:11

Hi, I'm thinking of using landmark lofts myself. Were they any good and easy to deal with?

lulupeg Sat 21-Dec-13 23:19:28

We used Loftlife and found them really excellent - great team, nice honest people, hardworking, finish and best value of quotes we had. We absolutely love our loft, it's transformed our house! Good luck choosing a company to go with.

Ndebe1 Tue 24-Dec-13 05:46:30

what about regal?
they seem to get a lot of work round here in sw19.

SWMum79 Wed 12-Feb-14 14:15:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BusyMumOf3Smalls Sun 16-Feb-14 07:14:23

jojobalham Sun 16-Feb-14 22:10:58

Alex1970 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:06:31

I won't be using lankmark in that case. They were quoting £4k to retile my front roof should it need doing during the conversion. I spoke to a friend who's been roofing for 30 years and he said that was quite steep for a 30s semi detached. In other words if I'm being striped up on price for that I'll be getting striped up on everything else.

RozaGold Tue 25-Mar-14 09:01:01

RozaGold Tue 25-Mar-14 09:38:26

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now