Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks pregnant and pink blood (includes picture)

(12 Posts)
user1473072700 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:28:42

Hi guys,

I am around 5 weeks pregnant. Last week I had period type cramps but no bleeding, this stopped for a few days. Yesterday when I went to the toilet there was a tiny amount of blood on my knickers but there was some pink blood when I wiped, this went on every time when I went to the lot for around 8 hours. Nothing at all yesterday evening or last night. I have just been to the toilet and the blood is back! Is looks a bit more brown today. I haven't particularly had cramps, maybe a bit of aching. Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

I have a doctors appointment in a few hours to tell them about my pregnancy but will now mention this and see if I can get an early scan.

Any feedback or stories would be lovely! Thank you.

Also this is my first baby

AndroidIsBest Wed 14-Sep-16 11:30:34

I had something similar with my first baby - unfortunately I miscarried.

I don't want to frighten you, as there are positive stories, but it isn't a great sign so you're right that it needs to be looked into ASAP.

Best of luck flowers

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 14-Sep-16 11:33:20

I had that and it was fine and went on to have ds.

I'm not sure about getting a scan I was told to go home and wait it out so be prepared for that.

Fingers crossed !

boopdoop Wed 14-Sep-16 11:36:24

I've had similar this last few days. No cramps but bleeding. Am 5w2d today. Been to docs and have a scan next wed, once I'm 6 weeks. It's so hard isn't it, especially so early we having to wait to know. I've been looking lots online and it seems that lots of people have similar and its fine, and lots sadly aren't. It's good there are positive stories, so all hope isn't lost, but it's all very scary. Good luck. x

DivorceBadger Wed 14-Sep-16 11:38:30

I had the same and the pg is now a full fledged nightmare 5 year old.

Helloooomeee Wed 14-Sep-16 11:42:58

I had pink bleeding at around 6-8 weeks in all 4 of my pregnancies the first 2 went on to become heavier and resulted in miscarriages. In my 3rd and 4th pregnancies the bleeding tailed off and I went on to have 2 healthy children.

It's such a scary thing to happen but it is very common and doesn't always result jn miscarriage. Try to stay positive and ask your gp to refer you to your local early pregnancy clinic

summerskittles91 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:23:58

I had bleeding at about 4.5 weeks, pregnancy test at hospital was positive. Although they couldn't scan me. I went for private scan at 6 weeks, the earliest they could scan to find I had, had an early MC.

I'm sorry its a tough time but you almost have to wait it out. I would go to your GP as someone suggested and see if they can refer you to EPU. they may not scan you but they might be good enough to take your bloods to check your HCG levels.

I would try to remain positive. Bleeding can happen throughout pregnancy, its just quite early its difficult to know whats going on.

flowers

Chocoholicmonster Wed 14-Sep-16 12:43:24

I also had the same as you at around the same time. I'm now currently 34 weeks pregnant so please try & stay positive. I bled throughout the early months probably up until week 16 & have had nothing since. I went to the doctors & had an early scan at 6 weeks so hopefully you'll be offered the same.

Mummyandwife85 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:56:34

I bleed early on with my last three pregnancy and all was fine after 6week scans ..think some people just have bleeding xx

Honeybee79 Wed 14-Sep-16 13:22:50

I had similar on and off from very early on until about 9 weeks. Am now 29 weeks. Was told it can be quite common due to changes in the cervix caused by changes in hormones. Is there an early pregnancy unit you can go to in a week or two for a scan?

I was told by staff at the EPU that bright red blood with cramps is more of a concern than pink/dark blood spotting, though obviously there is always a risk in the very early days.

Hope all works out for you - I know how worrying and scary it is.

g1nthemystery Wed 14-Sep-16 20:25:32

I had the same thing when pregnant with my son at around a 6 weeks. I had an emergency scan as the Drs thought I was having a miscarriage- turns out he was okay, and I carried him to 37 weeks. I was told it was likely him implanting into the placenta. Best to get it checked out but don't panic! Bleeding early on does happen in some healthy pregnancies.

Theaks Thu 15-Sep-16 10:33:46

I can understand what you are going through. Blood doesn't always indicate something wrong. My first pregnancy I had pink blood, brown then red- I miscarried. My second brown blood- missmiscarried. 3rd pregnancy pink blood at 8 and 12 weeks and now I'm 30 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately as the other ladies said you can't be scanned til later on so a waiting game. Fingers crossed for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now