Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

heartburn is killing me at 32 weeks pregnant! Help!

(32 Posts)
plokett1 Sun 16-Feb-14 22:14:23

Does anybody have any wonder cures! I know its pretty normal but barely slept last night and have had it all day and
it just gets worse nearer bedtime! Im going through alot of gaviscon but doesnt seem to do much for longer than a few minutes! :-(

mummie2b1987 Mon 17-Feb-14 03:07:34

I second ranitidine it's amazing - gaviscon is rubbish pls go to drs and get a prescription! I was also being woken up by me being sick in my mouth from horrendous heartburn....since I've had ranitidine it's totally gone! grin X

differentnameforthis Mon 17-Feb-14 03:18:29

its likely to change that dramatically in a couple of days

Not true. Prolonged pain that feels like heartburn can be epigastric pain & your BP won't always be high with it initially.

Your bp CAN change drastically in a few days too...mind did.

Mishmashfamily Mon 17-Feb-14 06:54:30

I'm pissed off I didn't go back to GP!!!!

I didn't know toy cold get anything else!!!!!!!

MummyPig24 Mon 17-Feb-14 07:23:02

I'm now 36 weeks and I have worked out what gives me bad heartburn.

Eating Late makes it worse, as does eating on the sofa. Sitting at the table is better.

Eating sugary or carbs foods makes it worse.

I can't stand milk or gaviscon so I pop rennie tablets. Every time I have a bad day I think about going to the dr for something else but then the next day I wot suffer as much and I forget about it. Plus I figure I hopefully don't have much time left!

Jolay100 Mon 17-Feb-14 07:55:27

From my yoga class there is a move that really helps. Basically involves sitting on the floor facing the wall cross legged or on your knees, so that you can comfortably touch the wall with straight arms, then putting your palms on the wall and 'walking them up' to stretch above your head and holding that position for a while, before walking back down. Repeat as necessary. Might not be the easiest thing in the middle of the night but those in the class who suffer heart burn swear by it.

SweetPeaPods Mon 17-Feb-14 07:59:50

Wonder cure- go to gp, ask for ranitidine. It's amazing stuff, really works. I took 3 a day.
I also drank loads of milk etc too but the tablets really are amazing.

CrispyFB Mon 17-Feb-14 08:50:36

Rantidine didn't touch mine, but it does work for some people. Only omeprazole has made any difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now