Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in June after miscarriage?

(178 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Sun 21-Oct-12 09:53:14

After several miscarriages I just got several BFP's plus dizziness and sickness smile ... But I am terrified!! Not sure I have the confidence yet in this pregnancy to join an antenatal thread.

Anyone else? Want to wait it out together?

SuperSesame Wed 14-Nov-12 09:08:12

I went for a private scan on Monday. Its 8 weeks so we were hoping to see a heartbeat because its such a long wait until the 12 week mark.
At the scan, the sonographer said the sac was only measuring 5 and a half weeks. She couldn't see an embryo or heartbeat. She could see the yolk sac.
I don't know what to think. I know exactly when we conceived.
She said her machines not as good as a hospital one (they don't say that on the advertising bumf!) so I've a scan in the Early Pregnancy Unit today.
I'm hoping for a miracle today at the scan.
For whoever's reading this could send some positive thoughts this way.
Its been a rough few months after going straight from last miscarraige in September to this.
The sonographer at the private scan had a terrible manner and was non-comittal and offputting and eager to get us out the door. It was a horrible experience. I'm not sure of her credentials and the speed at which she said the sac is far too small to be 8 weeks didn't give me any confidence. Although I guess she does this everyday too so knows what she is doing.

I can't think about anything else other than this scan today. Longest wait of my life.

LittlemissChristmas Wed 14-Nov-12 09:56:19

Good luck sesame
If it helps I'm measuring a week behind what I think is my due date but my consultant said its too early to date a pregnancy accurately at this stage. More accurate between 9-12 weeks. Are your cycles pretty regular?

SuperSesame Wed 14-Nov-12 10:15:30

Thanks little miss. That does help.
Yes usually very regular but I went straight from miscarraige to pregnant so no LMP as such. Hoping thats the reason its not accurate.
I have to go on my own to as DH is working and I'm dreading it.
I just hope I actually get an answer today and not have to come back in a week to rescan.

LittlemissChristmas Wed 14-Nov-12 10:19:48

If you get a similar scan then you will prob have to go back in 1-2 weeks to check for growth and hb.
That is prob why dates are out so don't worry too much, my hormones/ovulation etc is all to pot after a mc.

SuperSesame Wed 14-Nov-12 14:12:39

Yep, you're right, back next week. But she could see lots of blood in the uterus which she said explained means its very likely over. Just a formality to go back next week as its measuring under 8 mm (I think) at 6.5mm and it needs to be 8mm to confirm miscarriage if no heartbeat.
Its crap but as I suspected. Just wish to get it over with now.

LittlemissChristmas Wed 14-Nov-12 15:34:31

Sorry it didn't go as we'll as expected but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
I have my scan in an hour and terrified sad

SuperSesame Wed 14-Nov-12 15:36:59

Hope yours goes well.

LittlemissChristmas Wed 14-Nov-12 17:08:56

All good grin

BumbleBee2011 Wed 14-Nov-12 17:38:40

Supersesame - so sorry to hear that, hope the wait til next week isn't too rough for you sad

Littlemiss - glad you have good news smile You're much braver than me, I'm going to wait for the 12 wk scan, and even then I'll be terrified.

Did POAS again today as I'd promised myself, the last time when MC was confirmed at 8 weeks I had tested negative, so thought a +ve test at 8 wks would be enough reassurance. Very dark blue line appeared within seconds, kind of an anticlimax though as I am too tired/nauseous/emotional not to be pregnant!

SuperSesame Thu 15-Nov-12 13:50:47

Thanks Bumble. I'm unMNing myself for a while before I drive myself insane.
Good luck to the rest of you and hope your journeys to June are dull and uneventful.

Ruthie101 Thu 15-Nov-12 15:46:08

Supersesame, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Sending you big hugs.

I am spotting again! It seems to be every four days I start, it lasts for two days and then stops. Has this happened to anyone else?

LittleMiss... What fantastic news! I'm so pleased for you. Is that two scans now with a heartbeat? Do you feel a little more relaxed?

AlphaBeta82 Thu 15-Nov-12 15:53:30

Hi All waves from the corner
I just about fall into this with a due date of 1st June. Had 3mcs this year, all 6-8 weeks, but this time I seem to have finally got a sticky one! Had scans at 7 weeks and 10 and all is good. Next scan not until 13 1/2 weeks which feels AGES away! Though finally feeling a bit more confident as we come up to the 12 week mark and all seems good. I could have done without the solid 6 weeks of being sick, dizzy and tired but if it means little one holding on tightly I'm happy!

Supersesame - so sorry to hear your news, it is heartbreaking. x

LittlemissChristmas Thu 15-Nov-12 16:05:57

Hi Alpha sounds promising smile
ruthie sorry to hear about the bleeding but try not to worry too much it doesn't mean it's over yet. Ive read lots of other threads where they have had bleeding and gone on to have a normal pg.
no still not as relaxed as I though I should be, even though this ms and nausea should be putting me at ease you would think but I'm just getting frustrated with what I can't do.

Ruthie101 Thu 15-Nov-12 17:05:24

Hi Alpha. Glad to hear you are getting good news at your scans.

LittleMiss, I am starting to worry now that it might be a UTI that is the cause. I have tried to ring my mid wife and my local EPU but can't get any answer.

LittlemissChristmas Mon 19-Nov-12 17:15:24

Ruthie have you been able to find out if its a uti? Any more spotting?

Ruthie101 Thu 22-Nov-12 06:21:05

Went to the docs and they said it could be a uti and to monitor symptoms. They took a sample but nothing showed up so they said to drink lots of water and come back if it continues. Touch wood I hae had no spotting for four days now and even better than that... Our scan today showed baby is fine still and heart is still beating!!!
Have you had another weekly scan LittleMiss?

grainmum Thu 22-Nov-12 08:18:48

ruthie congrats on your scan. I had my first scan yesterday lively wriggling grain with a nice heartbeat! Now trying to get used to the idea of little person inside me...

LittlemissChristmas Thu 22-Nov-12 08:41:30

That's great news grain and ruthie.
No scan for me this week as consultant on holiday but I've got one next week.
How is everyone feeling? I still have bad ms, its different each day. One day I feel better and I'm happy that its passed, then I'm worried I'm no longer pg, then it comes back the next day!!

BumbleBee2011 Thu 22-Nov-12 18:49:53

Yay Grain and Ruthie grin

Littlemiss I have awful ms, every bloomin' day, running to the loo just in time, the works! In fact that reminds me - ladies remember to do your pelvic floor exercises after Baby! I was so ill the other night I actually wet myself....angry I honestly didn't know you could do that blush the joys of motherhood

I rang this time last week to see if anyone from the local midwives team could let me know what to do now to get the ball rolling. Left a message and no-one called back...So I called for an antenatal appointment with my local clinic and the receptionist wouldn't book me in til the 11th December (!) said they need a special long appointment for the first one! I had to beg to get one on Tuesday instead, I said they probably still have all my details from 2 years ago, I'm gonna try and speak to someone before then but they're really hard to get hold of! I don't wanna be told off on Tuesday, I'll probably cry [hormones]

I wouldn't mind but all I want is for them to book me in for my 12 week scan...getting quite excited now!

curiousgeorgie Sat 24-Nov-12 17:51:23

Hello everyone! Congrats on your scans grin

I'm finally excited now, had another scan this morning at babybond as I'm going away Monday and wanted peace of mind, and it was amazing... Fast heartbeat, looking very baby like!!

grin

Ruthie101 Mon 26-Nov-12 07:24:54

Brilliant news Curious and Grain!! I'm so pleased things are going well.

LittlemissChristmas Mon 26-Nov-12 09:32:25

Congrats curious.
I have another scan wed. Even though I have horrendous ms I'm still worrying!!

LittlemissChristmas Wed 28-Nov-12 17:14:10

All good today grin

grainmum Thu 29-Nov-12 12:14:24

Yay littlemiss! I had proper dating scan today, they've dated me about a week further on than i thought so due date now 4th June. Time to accept this is really happening I think!

LittlemissChristmas Fri 30-Nov-12 14:47:11

Yeah that's great news! I'm a tad jealous your preg has just got a week shorter!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now