Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ready to pop and want baby OUT!!!

(286 Posts)

38 weeks today, and am really ready to have this baby! I know that realistically I could have almost another 4 weeks of feeling like this, but just want it sooner rather than later. I feel that all I am doing is cleaning the house, as I don't want to go into labour with a messy house (especially as I'm planning a home birth). DD3 arrived at 38+3, so all through this pregnancy, I've been expecting the same, or even a bit earlier, and I know that I'm putting too much pressure on myself to have the baby soon. I know that I'm being silly, and that the baby will arrive when it's ready, but each day now feels about a week long!

funchum8am Sun 07-Oct-12 05:48:22

Milky I am having same bladder issues - one accident was only saved from being really embarrassing because of super effective maternity pad I was wearing!

I am starting back on the pelvic floor exercises today!

I had an episiotomy but haven't dared look yet....

Mikyahrose Sun 07-Oct-12 06:58:40

These maternity pads are certainly good. Of all the accidents I've had so far, not once have I needed to change knickers. Those pads have sucked it right up. I'm getting better now and managing to do pelvic floors. For the first few days I couldn't even pull the muscle down there, I tried, but couldn't figure out where it was.

Had the best sleep last night. Think my milk has properly come in now. So fed at 11.30 and he slept till 3.30! Was amazing. Still not in his crib though, but small steps and all that. Managed another 1 hour 40 after too.

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Sun 07-Oct-12 11:22:58

hey guys, update for yoy, my baby was born at home on the 5th, weighing 9lbs and back to back, from first 1cm to baby was 48 hrs. Sadly, 3rd degree tear so had to go get a spinal & stitches sad He's scrummy! Congratulaions Milk and funchum8am

funchum8am Sun 07-Oct-12 11:28:27

Congratulations shouldibecross! Take it easy recovering, sounds like you have been a hero!

Think I need to set phone reminders to do my pelvic floor exercises - I forget to do it often enough.

My milk is coming in too - I hope for a better night's sleep tonight!

HeffalumpsAndGoldenWoozles Sun 07-Oct-12 13:22:10

Congratulations shouldibecross hope you're soon healing well and enjoying the cuddles smile

blooblies Mon 08-Oct-12 19:21:40

An update on me:
After a very grumpy day on Friday, feeling like baby had disengaged again and lots of folk asking very annoying and pointless questions I made a beef cobbler and helped myself to a weak G&T. Desperate times. Had a clary sage bath after the kids went to bed, phoned my mum for a whinge and then DH decided it was his turn to try and encourage baby out.
I don't know which one of the above set things off, (I suspect DH!), but I was contracting every 5-3 mins after midnight. Not proper ones, just short and sharp ones. With my history of on/off labours I didn't expect them to last, but they were really sore around the top of my pelvis so I got out of bed to try to get baby's head vaguely central as it was sitting to the right above my pelvis at that point. I sidestepped up and downstairs for a bit, then wondered how regular they were because thet seemed to be pretty frequent. So I started up the contraction timer app on my ipod and sat down. When I realised they were roughly every 4 mins, more often if I moved, I wondered what to do. I decided against waking DH, still thinking they would slow down soon. I went to bed, which was a mistake because they got twice as nasty twice as fast and lasted twice as long. I got up to see if they eased off any and they did. I put on the TENS (bliss) and went downstairs to decide what to do as the contractions got really ouchy and I started dreaming of the pool. I phoned the MLU to see what they thought and they suggested coming in (but pool was occupied-drat). Still full of reservation about getting MIL out of bed, I got DH up at 3am.
I went back downstairs and passed the loo. I thought I should carry on emptying my bladder. These contractions were really piling on now. When I sat on the loo my waters went, the head thudded down my pelvis and I immediately groaned in pain and tried to turn to look and see if they were clear or not. I never did manage to look. I remember thinking to myself how much more painful it must be about to get when the next thing was I was pushing. I shouted for DH who was just off the phone to his mum and got on all 4s to see if that might slow things down. On elbows seemed to increase the pressure. MLU was engaged so DH phoned 999 and a lovely lady guided us precisely through what to do on speakerphone. I had no control over this immense pushing and it was darned sore. DH was to counter push, but I felt none of that pressure at all. He moved the cord out of the way, and the next instruction was to get ready to catch a very slippery baby. Having watched videos of pushing stages I thought this was a bit pre-emptive but she was right - a baby boy shot out at 3.18am, quickly followed by the placenta a minute or two later, and 7 mins before the ambulance arrived.

The ambulance took us in to get stitched up after MIL arrived to explain all the noise, excitement and mess to my kids. Because he was an unattended birth, we had an overnight stay for observation and got home yesterday. It still feels like it happened to somebody else, especially after my previous emcs after induction and stop/start forceps and ventouse labours and deliveries! The main thing is that we are both well and safe and that DH will get over it eventually (I hope!). So, about raspberry leaf tea and second stages... it may well work!

birthdaypanic Mon 08-Oct-12 19:36:20

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orenishii Mon 08-Oct-12 19:58:53

WOWOWOW! Is it bad I kind of want the same experience, rather than something long and drawn out?? Well done - bloody well done for staying so calm!

HeffalumpsAndGoldenWoozles Mon 08-Oct-12 23:51:11

Gosh blooblies that's amazing well done and many many congratulations! grin

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Tue 09-Oct-12 06:31:51

Wow blooblies, I was just checking in after the morning feed and can not believe your birth story! Amazing that you and DH did that by yourselves. Hope you're enjoying the cuddles smile

Blooblies, that's amazing! Well done to both of you!

Wish mine would hurry up. Due Thursday. Bound to be late sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now