Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: Now they're all 1

(992 Posts)
Barbeasty Fri 21-Feb-14 20:11:42

We needed a new thread!

halestone Sat 26-Apr-14 12:37:45
WLmum Fri 25-Apr-14 23:56:49

pidj you're on the roundup - hilarious! Reminds me of when my mum saw a dead body in the canal bu decided it was balloon in a coat mannekin!

WLmum Fri 25-Apr-14 23:51:54

spotty it's at Woking, tickets are £13 which I didn't think too bad (although adds up for 4 of us - assuming T doesn't need her own ticket!)
maryland dd1 keeps telling me she's allergic to woodlice!

utopian99 Fri 25-Apr-14 22:40:13

spotty dh was highly amused by the woodlouse. It's the sort of thing that would be right up O's street.

Thanks for the good wishes re tiredness. I know it should clear off soon, but UGH.

Maryland2013 Fri 25-Apr-14 21:52:56

Oh my god Spotty I am terrified of woodlice!!!

Where's that WL?

WLmum Fri 25-Apr-14 20:06:53

Oh dear beasty that sounds tough. At least DH knows you not making it up though! Poor A - think T is suffering too - another day of mostly refusing food.

WLmum Fri 25-Apr-14 20:04:16

Yum spotty! Nice stacks
I'm still fit to drop with another crazy night (throw in a nightmare from dd2 and then a later wake from her telling me Ts toothbrush was in her bed!). I'm going out in a min to a friends for a quick coffee and catch up. Should be gone already but DH ballsed up bath time - 3 hysterical dds for me to sort out - I should know better than to let him do it as it's always the same but I was desperately trying to finish a few jobs.
Fx for more sleep all round!
T was the same with the morning nap resulting in no pm nap until 4 which ruined bedtime so I just pushed the am nap to 11/12.
I've just booked tickets for the gruffalo in July - yay! Booked aisle seats in case I need to take T out. Not sure if she'll be able to sit stillish for long enough but I think she'll enjoy the newness of it, and wanted to do a whole family thing.

Barbeasty Fri 25-Apr-14 19:59:19

Mmm, delicious Spotty!

The uniform trying on went well, thanks. We didn't buy anything but we know what style pinafore fits best, and that we are going to try and find a couple of tops for her with small buttons so she can practice- they have to wear shirts not polo shirts. And she has some bright pink, patent looking leather sandals. Last pair she tried on in the shop!

Very difficult afternoon though. We went to see my Dad, and his fiancé was there too. For the last year or so (since they moved in together) I've felt really awkward going to their house. She's so strict, and just doesn't remember what young children are like (her granddaughter is 4 months younger than A and not on the move much). DH has always told me I'm imagining it and there isn't a problem.

She's had radiotherapy this week so is, understandably, more sensitive than usual. DH now says he won't go there with the children for anything longer than a flying visit for a cup of tea!!

It's a shame because she's a nice person, it's just too difficult trying to get 2 young children to behave how she wants.

But the good news is that DH has agreed to stay for the night at their wedding. He had said he wouldn't.

A is really suffering with his teeth. He's dosed up, but the spare bed is made and ready for DD....

Stacks Fri 25-Apr-14 18:33:28

The joys of parenting Spotty. Yesterday DS gave me a lump of cat poo. Luckily it was dry, still, unpleasant to say the least! We promptly went inside to wash our hands, enough garden play for the day smile

I need more sleep. DS has been waking early (6am today) but I'm waking even earlier, then just laying there not bothering to go back to sleep as I think he'll wake soon. So annoying! Overtired and hyper DS today, hoping he sleeps in just a little tomorrow morning, his naps have been crap again these last couple of days too.

Beasty how did dd do with the uniform?

Utopian hope the exhaustion eases up soon. I'd like to say it gets easy, but I only really got a couple of weeks in the 2nd tri before I was uncomfy and tired again! I just hope you don't have the back and hip problems I've been having.

DS is another one who sort of didn't drop his morning nap. I could get him down fine as usual, but then he wouldn't sleep in the afternoon at all, and got really overtired. Then there was the week he wouldn't sleep at all... Then we cracked it with a well timed lunch nap. smile

Ds just gave me a woodlouse from his mouth

Barbeasty Thu 24-Apr-14 20:11:01

Sorry. End of yet another long, boring day at work.

Can you believe I'm still waiting for the official job offer via hr, including salary? 2 weeks yesterday I had the initial offer. And that's before they start to negotiate start dates. .... But the (potential) new boss has asked if I'm free for a couple of days in July because he wants to take the whole team out of the office- it's a brand new team being created.

Utopian but it's all so hard when you have morning sickness, that 1st trimester exhaustion (where 1st time around you could just finish work and sleep until tea time!), AND a toddler. Cry away!!

Going to get DD to try on some school uniform tomorrow- dresses always seem indecently short on her, so I want an idea of what to get nearer the time. Want to get A a tank top too.

WLmum Thu 24-Apr-14 20:05:26

We had a rotten night here too - think its those molars coming through. I didn't get in from a work thing til after 11 and was already knackered so now I'm desperate to just eat and get to bed.
Had a fun time after school today playing in the garden, got a couple of pots planted up, collecting ants for dd1s ant hill and watching a bee with T - she was doing a wiggle and buzz noise, it was so cute. When dd1&2 were seizing ants for the tub T kept getting tiny leaves to put in. She's so funny - she won't be left out of anything. When I tell her off for pulling dd2s hair, she comes to me a few seconds later pulling her own hair and saying 'ow'.
utopian that's understandable. Try to rest a bit if you can, the sickness is always worse if you're tired. Hope you feel better soon.

MrsNutella Thu 24-Apr-14 19:07:57

Beasty that did make me laugh! But I totally agree. Death by mouldy sandwich it shall be!

Barbeasty Thu 24-Apr-14 18:23:40

I think that justifies killing him Spotty

Dp has just got home from work WITHOUT ANY BREAD!!

utopian99 Thu 24-Apr-14 17:29:13

Ds is still variable - today he napped 9.30-10.30 but normally it's 11-12.30 or around then. We've never had any organised routine though, I just seize the moment when he sleeps to work.

today have been on site since 8am and then working 2-5pm, so have barely seen him. Am having a self indulgent cuddle with him on the sofa as he's just had a bottle of milk and conked out after a full day doing fun things with dm. I have been feeling horrific from morning sickness and tiredness and then had a little weep about missing O and feeling work guilt this afternoon. A bit limp of me, really, I have a friend who works 8-6 and is often away on work with a dd the same age, so I really can't complain.

stacks only 10 weeks?? Wow! I remember we started trying at the same time but af didn't return till I stopped bf in the end. V jealous of your gap, and nutella. O and this one will have barely a month between birthdays. Winter's going to be seriously expensive in our household.

Maryland2013 Thu 24-Apr-14 12:08:45

Laughing at loud at Spotty making her DP some mouldy sandwiches!!! Brilliant!!

DS dropped his morning nap pretty soon after starting nursery. It was easy as there was so much going on he wanted to stay awake. He now does 2- 2.5 hrs after lunch at 12/12:30.

MaMaPo Thu 24-Apr-14 11:37:36

Wow, I am so behind on everything. Stacks and Nutella, you're both pregnant!? Wonderful news, mazel tov! (Are you also on the prenatal threads for these next little beans?)

whispers I started taking folic acid this morning. TTC from next month, I think.

Beasty, that is a truly dreadful night. We had one of those a few nights ago, but tonight C went down like a lamb. And just as I wrote that, I hear murmurings and grizzling from her bedroom... but she's been sleep for 90 minutes!

nutella, C never dropped her morning nap. She dropped her afternoon one (just wouldn't go to sleep, rattled around in her cot for a while), so then we moved the morning one from 9am to midday. She used to do a reliable 3 hours, but that reduced to about 2 now (or nothing, as she has been doing when she's at nursery!).

Oh, I'm all excited for the new babies you guys are expecting!

halestone Thu 24-Apr-14 10:53:59

Matalan not Marland. I have a new phone and can't figure out how to turn off autocorrect.

halestone Thu 24-Apr-14 10:53:03

Beasty I brought some sandals from Marland yesterday they were £8.

Nutella, H, gave up her morning naps in her own time, she just stopped needing it.

Beasty I have my FX you have a lie in tomorrow.

Spotty I am loving Nutella's idea of making your DP a mouldy sandwich.

I knew when ds stopped doing his usual two hours and it was only up to an hour. I now wait until just after an early lunch, say 12, and he will have two hours.

MrsNutella Thu 24-Apr-14 09:59:36

spotty can you make DP some sandwiches for his dinner with the left over mouldy bread? grin <evil. I would be very tempted to myself.

willyou sorry to hear you've been having a time of it with DS. Hope he is feeling brighter today and that you have a calm weekend.

DS is still around 9/10 kilos. He is a sturdy muscly little man. He is also just about into some 12-18 month sizes. How can H have grown so much Hales? What are you feeding her smile wink it is amazing how much ey change and grow though. Always when you're not looking

stacks you must be a good month ahead of me. I'm about 26 weeks (poor second bean is not nearly as fussed over) I have the horrible sugar test today. They do it as standard here. The only advantage is I get some alone time because I'm leaving DS at home with DH smile

We're mostly unpacked now. So glad the move is over. The kitchen is fab, and I'm slowly seeing more work top as the days go by.

I have a question... When did you (if you have) give up morning naps? DS seems to go down very happily in the morning for a hour at the moment. Pits quite sweet. I show him the cars going along the street (if there are any, it's lovely and quiet here) then sing to him cuddle him and by the time I lay him down he is almost asleep. So I don't think we're ready yet to give them up... Bt how do you know when they are?

I had some biscuits blush dd and ds both need summer shoes. I'm going to wait until the end of May though I think. I'm going to get them some of the jojo canvas shoes and then some kind of sandal. Dd wants crocs but they're just not supportive enough although it might not matter hmm might ask her physio

Barbeasty Thu 24-Apr-14 08:40:26

Stacks make the most of the relative calm of the next 10 weeks!

Spotty I feel your pain. Maybe run out of food for his dinner? Hope you managed to eat something reasonable.

I must weigh A. Haven't done it since his 1yr check just before Christmas. I suspect he's still tiny! DD is average.

I thought we were up for an awful night last night. A wouldn't go down properly, then woke up at 9 and 10. He was howling and screaming and despite being desperately tired he didn't want to go down. We had to move DD into the spare room so she could sleep. And after all that he went through until 4am, when he woke screaming, had a desperate feed and screamed himself to sleep (cried for 1 minute then off). And I had to get up at 5!

I ended up having to wake A before I left so I could get him up, and he really didn't want to wake up. And DD surfaced as I was heading out and was worried that she wasn't dressed.

Roll on tomorrow- DH and I are off again so we can all sleep in! Then out shopping- DD wants some sandals. I need to steer her away from the ones we saw last time we were in the shop. They were lovely and all that, but £56 on preschooler's sandals?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now