Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - GTbaby is back! Hooray hooray!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 01-Apr-13 17:48:16
TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 15:09:54

And now I'm annoyed. Kiddicare charge you to return products. Bollocks. Didn't think of that.

Fucksake. Will put it on eBay. Grrrrr.

ChasingDaisy Tue 02-Apr-13 15:10:52

Eczema experts - what's the best thing to ask the GP to prescribe?

ValiumQueen Tue 02-Apr-13 15:12:29

detective big hug. You are doing a splendid job x is the bag to go on the plane? Can you take the car seat on the plane with you in the cabin? The way they throw things around, I would not risk it in the hold personally.

fatima I also think the sun suits are the way to go, with sun protection in the fabric. They can wear them in the pool too, and rinse out easily so you do not need many. I would not have a wee one in the sun with that much exposed flesh on the ones you linked to.

TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 15:18:37
TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 15:20:36

Thanks VQ. It seems impossible sometimes. Not wanting to cause harm, but wanting to make them feel better!

Unforunately, my dad is a tight arse bastard and wouldn't pay for a seat for O. So the car seat has to go in the hold. sad It goes right up to the gate with us though. If there is any sign of damage to the bag, I'll be claiming for the cost of a new car seat. Bastards.

ChunkyEasterChick Tue 02-Apr-13 15:21:12

Both kids in bed finally, only took 20mins for them both to self-settle so now to plan DD's birthday party!!

Shit. Just seen an advert. DH & I must get wills... blush

TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 15:24:04

chasing

oilatum initially, and stuff for the bath too. then if very bad, steroid cream. but only if really bad x

ChasingDaisy Tue 02-Apr-13 15:25:50

Thanks Det smile. Just seen that one of those links is for Isabella's toybox - one of the characters is a giraffe called Oscar. Oscar 2 has the bib smile

ValiumQueen Tue 02-Apr-13 15:31:03

chunky I too am planning a sodding birthday party for my 3yo. It will be a scaled down version of DD1s last year - soft play at Burger King, with a cake and loot bags. Just having 4 hand-picked kids from nursery whose mums I know and trust to stay! What are you doing?

BigPigLittlePig Tue 02-Apr-13 15:47:31

The January 2013 thread is 600 posts into it's 2nd antenatal thread. What number are we on now?? blush

detective sorry O is off colour again.
chasing O needs thick, greasy creams to start with, there are heaps of different makes. Used often, they will usually settle down simple eczema.
fatima I think Sainsburys had some nice rompers in, if you were after something cheap & cheerful - and not just pink either!

PetiteRaleuse Tue 02-Apr-13 15:54:25

So glad birthday parties aren't obligatory over here until much older.

Detective Which buggy bag is it? I need one to put the Baby Jogger in when we go on the plane. I was going to order a sunshine kids (?) one but can buy your spare one off you if it's suitable? Mothercare won't load for me so I'll have a gander at those when it does.
I was thinking of you when I was on the Zulily site, they have some Toby Tiger clothes and blanket in which are all bright and stripey with animals on grin

We are going in May so I don't know what the weather will be like. I was going to take dresses and leggings for evenings and some babygrows.

VQ I've bought this sunsafe suit and was going to get another one for her to wear. I was thinking the romper for throwing on when we get out of the pool and the suit's drying out while she's under a parasol thingy in the shade. I've been getting frustrated as a lot of the shops just have little swim suits or bikinis for under 1s and i'm not comfortable with that much flesh in the sun.

DH and I have decided (I think) what to do with his frozen sperm, but I wanted some sort of validation that we're making the right decision (or pointing out if we're making the wrong one). If I posted here would anybody mind reading or should I post somewhere else?

:O How have you all had time to write so many posts and threads?!

Im so bloody jealous!

How are babies doing as i've missed like everything???

TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 15:59:05

Right. Experiment over. O may as well have told the bottle to fuck off with the cmpf in. Smells just like greasy chip fat shock.

Took 5oz LF with a fight. I think I have the culprit. Wind. Fucking wind. That is why he is fussing. He gets winded during the feed anyway, but it seems to suddenly be trapping and making him not want the feed even when it has gone. He's associating the bottle with pain.

I realised this mid feed. When I gave him his afternoon dose of ranitidine. He suddenly started feeding again. Anyway, it is hard to explain, but I think it is down to fucking wind!

O was sat up in my arms as I typed this post. Dp just nudged me. I thought he seemed quiet. He's fell asleep sat up in my arms!!!

Passmethecrisps Tue 02-Apr-13 16:00:47

Afternoon peeps.

Took P to get weighed today - she is now below the 9th and the doc is going to refer to paediatrics. She is fine in herself with plenty wet nappies but I am pleased that we can get a bit of guidance.

detective it sounds so worrying. I am not sure i understand CMPI after LF. Surely LF should also be CMP free. Or am I wrong? Nutramigen is both CMP free and LF. Could you ask for that? I know exactly how you feel about having to fight to get food into them. It is a daily occurance here. P just doesn't want it in her tummy. Have you had him weighed? Maybe like daisy you will find that he simply knows what he needs.

Passmethecrisps Tue 02-Apr-13 16:02:06

Ah! I see. Maybe stopping every oz to fully wind would help?

Passmethecrisps Tue 02-Apr-13 16:03:06

Oh and the nutramigen website does say that older babies will find it very hard to get used to the taste and smell. It web gives guidance on parents not letting on how disgusting they find te smell.

ValiumQueen Tue 02-Apr-13 16:03:26

pr DD1 did not have a party until age 6, except for family obviously - we did still celebrate her birthday. DD2 is now aware such things exist, so we are doing a little one for her. DD1 will be having a much smaller party this year due to lack of money. She was invited so many parties in P1, but not so many this year. We felt obliged last year, and I think there was quite a bit of pressure on her to provide a party. That is not the case this year thankfully. With three kids now there will not be any big fancy parties. BK do not charge, allow you to take a cake, and are very reasonably priced considering the soft play is free.

GTbaby Tue 02-Apr-13 16:07:19

I didn't put pram in a bag? I just used pram all way to the plane. N was given it as soon as I got off the plan.
Don't know if I've miss understood what your talking about tho.

GT Welcome back grin You don't have to put the pram in a bag. However the one i'm taking is brand new so i'm getting a carry bag to put it in to so it doesn't get scratched or damaged.

The BJCM bag is £40 though shock the sunshine kids one is £13

TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 16:13:24

Right, arms are now free!

Pass We have a problem with winding him every ounce - if I take the bottle out his mouth before he is ready (ie. when he pushes it out) he then won't feed properly for the whole feed. It seems easier to get 3oz in him, which is when he usually breaks off to be winded. And then only have a fight to get the last ounce or two.

I am wondering about giving ranitidine in smaller doses across the day with feeds. It seemed to really help during that feed. Don't normally give it mid feed, it was just that we had forgotton. Obviously ranitidine will help with wind, as it is an antacid also.

ValiumQueen Tue 02-Apr-13 16:15:58

charlee lots of babies waking after sleeping through, some babies finally learning how to sleep after dodging it for months, more than our fair share of reflux and allergies, a few problematic DHs, several lurkers have de-lurked, two new pregnancies, some have started weaning... How are you?

pass LF has cows milk as a base, but is processed so no lactose. I am very glad J has not needed the Nutramigen formula as it sounds vile. Glad you have a referral, but please do not worry x easier said than done, I know.

detective I found the homeopathic granules were awesome for wind. Would starting solids help? I really don't think it is CMPI with O as I think the symptoms would have been apparent long ago when he was first on formula, and would not have improved on stay down and LF, but I am no expert. I feel your frustration. I felt horrid not knowing whether to give boob or formula, when I knew they both hurt him. I can send you the remainder of the granules if you PM me your address x J has not needed them at all since being on LF.

TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 16:21:26

Fatima It is this one! The one you said was cheaper though at £13. This was £14.99! It does have wheels for pulling along though not looked at the sunshine kids one!

www.twobarefeet.co.uk/acatalog/Two_Bare_Feet_Lycra_Arm_Baby_Suit.html UV wetsuit!

GT What fatima said! I don't want mine damaging - it is a light colour, and easily marks, and scratches! I wanted something to keep it safer!

I'm such a tit. Went on the oilily site instead. Saw prices and winced. Then realised was on the wrong site. But still, they did have lovely colourful stuff! But £60 for a fucking babies tshirt? Jog on!! Can't get on zulily without registering!

TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 16:24:54

I have the granules. Somewhere. Me and DP have been looking for them everywhere. hmm Thanks for the offer, but I'll probably find them later when he's asleep and we don't bloody want them!

Fucking stuff going missing. RAAAAAH!

I originally thought it was CMPI rather than lactose intolerance, but clearly the LF formula is a lot better for him when he takes it!. So I'll just go with whatever keeps him happy for now.

Been advised to wait for dietician referral re: solids. I was wanting to wait for 6 months, but lately I've been thinking maybe it could help. But it will be a big change for him, so wanting to wait for a time where he is more settled?

PurplePidjin Tue 02-Apr-13 16:33:57

brew for those in need, I've had my arms free this afternoon! R napped in his crib so I've got dough in the machine for pizza and I've made a soft seat for the high chair grin we've started eating together as a family - R has a spoon and a musical toy and sits in his seat while we eat - and he loves it. But the antilop is a bit hard and plasticky so i got the sewing machine dusted off and raided my stash.

This thread is not accepting new messages.