Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - The lurker amnesty fred for our quiche

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Thu 21-Mar-13 21:21:38

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1710755-November-2012-Will-the-Easter-Bunny-visit-our-babies

Any remaining lurkers, would you like to de-lurk and announce yourselves? We won't bite!

Clarella Tue 26-Mar-13 21:25:02

thanks itsnot. smile

Ah love reading Saturday's paper post sat! have 5 to catch up on! I ate baked potato in bed in vague hope g would go to sleep earlier than usual but just in case not. nope bang on 10 past 9. even tried earlier bath.

once this tounge has healed and maybe improved and he's off his antibiotics, operation get George to stop cluster feeding and off to bed before 7:30 will begin!!!!!!

StuntNun Tue 26-Mar-13 21:34:54
Catbag Tue 26-Mar-13 21:38:05

Cannot believe I am still awake. Must rectify this immediately. Night all smile

ValiumQueen Tue 26-Mar-13 21:59:56

Well, after napping well all day, little Prince has decided he is having a late night. After a boob and a full bottle, he is still awake, so he has gone in his cot. So far he is quiet. Of late he has been asleep by 8, but he has never napped so well as today.

Please educate me about formula poos. As J is mix fed still, I assumed I would see something daily at least. He last had a poo Sunday afternoon. When do I get the prune juice out?

He has been practicing his speech today, saying Ga Ga Ga Goo Goo with proper expression. I actually thought it was his sister.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Tue 26-Mar-13 22:16:03

Well I'm back from slimming world. Was not good fun seeing that number on the scales. Plan seems easy enough to follow though and it looks like it should work which is the main thing!

J has been a nightmare feeding or lack of feeding today. I fed him for literally 37 seconds at 4pm and went out at 7.30pm. He didn't ask for food but DH figured should try him with bottle so he had that at 9pm. This is not right! No way should he feed that little. Now my boobs are super full but I don't want to express until he's fed. Catch 22!

TheDetective Tue 26-Mar-13 22:25:49

Brockle I checked online. They had the friggin' pictures in stock. So annoyed now! I want those pictures grrrrr!

Passmethecrisps Tue 26-Mar-13 22:29:09

Sorry izzy I can't help but it does sound like tiny amounts. Could he really be that efficient?

VQ the formula poo is a weird and wonderful thing. Having recently moved on to formula it is quite likely that J's gut is simply getting used to the new stuff to digest. He could go several days with nothing. Don't be surprised if what you get is green and solid but also don't be surprised if it is still yellow, pippy and soft. Anything goes it would appear. Don't bother with prune juice or the like unless it is causing him obvious discomfort. He would sound colicy and upset. Try cycling his legs or doing a massage to help things a long if you are concerned. P once went 4 days when she moved from normal formula to nutramigen - now she is pretty much a one a day girl. Usually like clockwork as well. That's my girl!

Passmethecrisps Tue 26-Mar-13 22:30:37

I am sorry about the cats tits. I would be so upset. What about your cat PR? Did you mention a very poorly cat?

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Tue 26-Mar-13 22:42:05

pass efficient feeder has been mentioned before but surely 37 seconds is beyond efficient! He'd need to guzzle at breakneck speed!!

He was looking sleepy so have just fed him. Grand total of a 5 min feed and he's zonked. No wonder this time with me and my super full boobs tho! Milk must have flooded out! I'm now expressing other side and heading to bed. Not hoping for much due to crappy feeds today!

Elizadoesdolittle Tue 26-Mar-13 22:42:19

chunky I didn't notice it was dirty. But then I didn't really go near the soft play bit. DD1 ran off there and I sat at the table drinking coffee and gossiping [bad mum emotician]. The parking was a bit odd though, you park sort of next to it up a hill.

My favourite soft play place is called Monkey Biz. It's just off A2 at the rochester exit. Not sure how suitable the location is though. Or kidSpace on Purley Way Croydon is brill too.

E seems fine after her jabs and had her first go in the bumbo earlier and she stayed quite happily in it for 15mins so I think she's going to learn to love it just like her sister. I can't wait to try her in the jumperoo but it's buried in the garage so she'll have to wait until we move for that.

Talking of moving yw good luck with yours. Hope it all goes smoothly. I'm looking forward to going to a new house but not the actual moving.

kirrinIsland Tue 26-Mar-13 22:46:15

I want to post but I have nothing to say - it's been that sort of a day.

Hope you all get a good sleep xx

StuntNun Tue 26-Mar-13 23:01:42

Eliza J's feet barely touch the ground in his Jumperoo, he looks like a ballet dancer doing pointe work! I think it will be a little while yet before he can use it properly, maybe he has short leggies!?

Praying for a better sleep tonight. I need to keep DH sweet so that he can do a night of feeds at the weekend. I just might get my first full night's sleep since, ooh about the 14th November iirc.

Elizadoesdolittle Tue 26-Mar-13 23:09:48

Hehe stunt perhaps we have a budding billy elliott in our mists.

Hoping you have a good night. You really do deserve it. I would be an emotional wreck if I had as little sleep as you have had. Good luck with your DH.

ValiumQueen Tue 26-Mar-13 23:57:03

Three hours. Fucking cunty bollocks!

LuisGarcia Wed 27-Mar-13 00:12:43

Happy sweaty Wednesday, everyone.

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:34:41

Both babies. Screaming on the hour. For the last three hours. Is it sweary fucking Wednesday yet?

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:36:05

And it is fucking snowing again. Fucking bollocks.

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:41:57

And I forgot to brush my teeth before going to bed. They feel horrible, <<skanky teeth emoticon>>

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:42:37

I

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:42:57

might

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:43:14

as

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:43:30

well

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:43:49

finish

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:44:06

this

LuisGarcia Wed 27-Mar-13 00:44:07

yoink

This thread is not accepting new messages.