Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - The lurker amnesty fred for our quiche

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Thu 21-Mar-13 21:21:38

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1710755-November-2012-Will-the-Easter-Bunny-visit-our-babies

Any remaining lurkers, would you like to de-lurk and announce yourselves? We won't bite!

StuntNun Fri 22-Mar-13 07:14:08

Either the sleep regression lasts four weeks Fruit or my J is broken as well. sad He didn't really go back to sleep after 4 a.m. He's definitely waking more often than he needs to feed as I only fed him at 10:30, 2:30 and 6:30. Hopefully my long term sleep plan will kick in soon.

fruitpastilles Fri 22-Mar-13 07:16:11

stunt I don't know how you are coping, I've had 2 nights of it and am already willing it to be over!

YokoUhOh Fri 22-Mar-13 07:17:48

I'm a lurker! I tried so hard to keep up but it would take me weeks to read all these posts. DS is 19 weeks tomorrow - what happened? Yesterday he was 6lb7oz and snuggling <eyes mad small person in Jumperoo>

SheepNoisesOff Fri 22-Mar-13 07:20:30

Not really a lurker as haven't been keeping up but hello!

StuntNun Fri 22-Mar-13 07:20:45

Lily you need to hand express a bit to relieve the engorgement and make it easier to latch on. If you get much milk you an always freeze it for later use in weaning.

Hope Evil and Kirrin got back to sleep.

Contradictionincarnate Fri 22-Mar-13 07:28:26

fruit could be mental leap rather than regression I think we have both here.
Anyone else like this? Every night I put her down with such hope thinking tonight is the night ...
I digress as I thought the Rod Stewart Track was appropriate
" tonights the night, its gonna be alright , cos I love you babe..."
then it clicked with me its about sex and deflowering a woman ...
it was going to be my loosing my virginity song shock...that is a really long story not sure I would tell it well in a post!
that could be a topic for today though if people want to share ...how did you loose your virginity ...how I didn't is funnier! smile

ValiumQueen Fri 22-Mar-13 07:28:27

ruby yoko and sheep you are all very welcome smile

J woke every 3 hours, but settled better thankfully. I am shattered.

I do cooking and other chores with J in his high chair. It is a reclining one so very comfy.

Kyzordz Fri 22-Mar-13 07:28:42

Hey yoko and sheep smile just pop in with updates if that's all you have time for smile

My ds is 19 weeks too yoko, not entirely sure where it has gone!

stunt hats off to you, was really hoping you'd magically get a full 8 hours totally unbroken! that's probably a wee bit too much too soon though, granted

Kyzordz Fri 22-Mar-13 07:30:25

Maybe I should invest in one vq, I don't have one yet but I guess weaning is coming round soon anyway!

ValiumQueen Fri 22-Mar-13 07:31:10

I was 26 when I lost mine. Beat that! I then found it for another 7 years. I have a lot of lost time to make up for. Just as well I married a stud muffin.

TheDetective Fri 22-Mar-13 07:31:39

Hello ruby sheep and yoko - I recognise you yoko!

Fuck you snow. I am not impressed. Sick of bastarding snow angry.

So O was a star for mummy last night thank fuck he did wake once, at 1. Threw my phone in the cot with white noise, and he went straight back to sleep. Tis like a drug. So he did 9.30-7. Awesome! He is snoozing on me now. I can stay here for 15 more mins gaaaah.

Sorry stunt. When O was waking frequently and not for feeds, the cure was the change of milk plus meds. confused

Contradictionincarnate Fri 22-Mar-13 07:32:03

ooo I forgot
hello to those loosing their Nov 12 thread posting virginity!
I meant to say every night I have hopes I will put her down then open my eyes 8-10 hours later ...every evening I think she will realise its bedtime at 7/8 not 11/12.
Stoll can't believe doc at 8 weeks said "she should have realised by now!"

Contradictionincarnate Fri 22-Mar-13 07:34:06

wow vq think you are making up for it ...I would never have guessed you started so late from some of your posts!

ValiumQueen Fri 22-Mar-13 07:34:09

kyz at this stage you do not really need a reclining one. He has been in it since he was tiny, as have all three. I would save your pennies for new shoes, and get the cheap Ikea one smile it is a bugger to clean too, and takes up a lot of room. It straps to a chair.

ValiumQueen Fri 22-Mar-13 07:35:04

Always been a whore at heart wink

StuntNun Fri 22-Mar-13 07:35:07

That's pants Detective, let's just say I managed two days on the dairy-free diet and gave up after a cup of tea made with yucky almond milk and some dark chocolate for my snack.

Lily311 Fri 22-Mar-13 07:35:22

Welcome Lurkers

stunt it's not as engorged. I don't have much milk anyway, I feel she is ready to wean off the breast (I was ready a month ago but she wasn't, now I want to carry on and she doesn't). She is mixed fed from birth.

TheDetective Fri 22-Mar-13 07:35:35

Hope the night before last was just a blip. He just fed 5oz so that is good. Better than 3 anyway.

Contradictionincarnate Fri 22-Mar-13 07:35:42

glad your getting some long sleeps det at last ...
at last, at last freedom sleep at last!

kirrinIsland Fri 22-Mar-13 07:39:16

Welcome ruby Yuko and sheep smile

Our sleep regression - if that's what it was - lasted just shy of 4 weeks fruit sorry.

I got back to sleep at about 6 and she's just woken now. That was the longest sleep of the night sad she is also waking more than she needs to feed stunt as she mostly just latched on and went straight back to sleep - only to wake when I put her back in the cot. I thought we were done with all that. I am very tired and pissed off this morning.
Hope evil fared better.

Good luck with the drive Sophia

Lily311 Fri 22-Mar-13 07:39:26

What vq said. Save moneyand get new shoes. Preferably with heels grin.

fruitpastilles Fri 22-Mar-13 07:40:02

Hi sheep and yoko
contra I've just looked on wonder weeks and it does say events starts between 14.5 and 19.5 S is 18 weeks so maybe she's just started that. I'm not holding out any hope though, I reckon it's sleep regression and I think that because she's been so good from 10 weeks she's going to be a little terror for this! Just hope whatever it is it doesn't last too long.

fruitpastilles Fri 22-Mar-13 07:42:02

Oh no kirrin oh well, at least there will be an extra person to join in the late night chat here!

Contradictionincarnate Fri 22-Mar-13 07:48:01

I lost my virginity at 19 ...though I tried to loose it about 6 months earlier when I was 18.
I had been seeing my first boyfriend for about 6 months and we were both virgins. Things were heating up between us, I had never done anything more than a snog and he was the same.
We wanted our first time to be special so booked a cottage in the middle of nowhere for a romantic get away (there was just the farmers house nearby nothing more). When we drove up I had made a mix tape - yeah an actual tape, with all the cliche songs on about doing it (lots of bad company).
The second night that we planned candles were lit and wine in hand I was swanning around in my underwear, unplugged the tv and plugged in tape player ...we started to get down to it were both in our pants and raring to go ... then ... there was a knock at the door!
very worrying bf ran to the door in his pants opened it ... it was the farmer. turns out the tv had to stay plugged in to get the signal for their tv in the farmhouse. We had interupted blind date (or something similar)! bf was mortified.
we didn't try again until we went to Crete for two weeks and half way through I almost had to force him! grin

Catbag Fri 22-Mar-13 07:49:01

Morning all! Hello to lurkers as yet still lurking and to rubyhorse and the most fabulous Mrs Garcia. How long have you been lurking ruby? We appear to have had some epic lurkage in this quiche!

We have snow. On the ground and in the air. And very strong winds. Normally this would render me delighted, but now I just wish that it would fuck off. We are forecast to have a foot of snow by this evening, which would actually be what one would expect when it snows here, but as yet it hasn't happened over this winter. Just piddley couple of inches here and there. We will see.

Update on the car issues:

My car has a faulty starter motor which is what I said. This ordinarily would not be an expensive fix, but as I drive a Yank Tank, parts are costly. I couldn't find a new starter motor for less than £315 online. My mechanic however has sourced one for £170 (new), and so has taken away said tank for the fixings. DH's car problems are currently being ignored until we have at least one working car.

Sorry to hear about hideous sleeping/feeding issues. I have no advice, but plenty of good vibes headed out for y'all.

VQ Stop pushing yourself down the list of priorities- I know you are doing it 'cos I do it myself. Get thee to a physician, forthwith. No excuses, Mrs.

This thread is not accepting new messages.