Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - The thread where it all starts to get easier. Pretty please?

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 13-Mar-13 22:29:25
ValiumQueen Mon 18-Mar-13 11:39:25

Woo hoo!

ValiumQueen Mon 18-Mar-13 11:39:07

No withdrawing here either grin

ValiumQueen Mon 18-Mar-13 11:38:34

Now then ladies (and williewearer) when you want to retreat and not post, that is when you should thanks that is what we are here for. Also if things are going great, we want to hear that too. The first makes us grateful for our shitty lot, the second gives us hope smile

Contradictionincarnate Mon 18-Mar-13 11:37:51

oh and chasing course you don't have to be positive here! this is an honest open Fred...and I spend time on here moaning much more than I deserve too ... but hey it helps. does your O sleep in the pram? I managed to get lots done last Wed as she slept there and carried on sleeping for 30mins when he got back!

YellowWellies Mon 18-Mar-13 11:37:23

Stunt yep you can have degrees of CMPI in fact we all do, not being designed to drink another crittur's breast milk. For adults and some kids, it tends to result in increased mucus (hence we get so many more colds etc than countries that don't eat a lot of dairy, say China), but for babies its more typically reflux (but they can have CMPI without reflux), abdominal cramps, eczema, extreme sleeplessness, upset tummies. It does sound similar?

I really think you need to knock dairy on the head for a while. If left untreated it is likely to develop into lactose intolerance which is much more serious and more difficult for kids to grow out of. Seriously my diet is annoying but now we're on it I've never had less than 7 hours kip a night. I'd test by elimination as dairy heavy formula could give the wee bugger awful stomach cramps. Try cutting out dairy but keeping milk traces in products (that's the real faff) if no joy - go the whole hog. Honestly there isn't a comfort food on earth better than a good nights sleep and a baby no longer in pain.

meals 30% of babies with CMPI have the same problem with soy - things are much cooler here now I'm off it.

fruitpastilles Mon 18-Mar-13 11:36:49

Don't withdraw chasing, you are going through a rough time, negativity is to be expected for a while, we are all here for you!!

I've just won one of them spin and play tummy thingys on eBay, £12.50 including postage. I think it's a bargain, please tell me it's a bargain!

ValiumQueen Mon 18-Mar-13 11:36:13

I had a good 8 inches last night grin

BigPigLittlePig Mon 18-Mar-13 11:33:49

Yes kirrin, even resembles a very fat, square-ended finger

Contradictionincarnate Mon 18-Mar-13 11:32:59

our spin and explore gym has arrived grin I am more impressed than she is though!

kirrinIsland Mon 18-Mar-13 11:30:05

Carrot sticks are not food! Does a mars bar count as finger food? there's a reason I no longer post on the weight loss thread

BigPigLittlePig Mon 18-Mar-13 11:27:33

chasing today is day 3 - everyone keeps saying day 3 is the hardest day in new routines for babies, so why should it be different for mummys? Try to get out of the house if you can, make it your mission to go to the nearest shop with LO and stock up on finger food and triangle sarnies You've done amazingly well so far, we're all here for you thanks

kirrinIsland Mon 18-Mar-13 11:25:43

N always hangs sideways in the bumbo too DH She doesn't like it much either. She's generally ok in the bouncer though.

Don't stay away chasing - negative posts are welcome. The quiche is here for the bad as well as the good.

Sorry to those who had bad nights sad Hopefully we will all be out the other side of the truly shit nights soon.

Glad the cake went well PR Don't think I've made a cake since Home Ec at school. I keep saying I will start as I don't want to be the one turning up to cake stalls when they're at school and putting my morrisons offering next to everyone else's home made delights I will though

lilliana sometimes a good cry helps thanks

stunt what detective said ^^

ChasingDaisy Mon 18-Mar-13 11:23:44

I have hardly any food in the house anyway. On the verge of giving up today.

Lily311 Mon 18-Mar-13 11:20:33

Chasing, carrot sticks, bread sticks, any fingerfood is your friend. O is napping on me too but I always put some food next to me. Hence your 4lbs found its way onto my bum wink.

BigPigLittlePig Mon 18-Mar-13 11:14:07

sophia are you wanting to claim this 'ere fred??!

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 18-Mar-13 11:12:37

But you could chasing . What a brainwave. hmm

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 18-Mar-13 11:12:09

I will also not buy crispy pancakes!

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 18-Mar-13 11:11:40

Off I trot back to the diet thread. I will not buy the pop tarts.

StuntNun Mon 18-Mar-13 11:11:32

Where did my post go? Dammit! <Shambles off to sulk on t'other thread since there's chocolate over there.>

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 18-Mar-13 11:11:13

Oooooooo pop tarts.

Ive made cakes (from a box grin) with ds and dd sat in the bumbo on the worktop but she started crying towards the end (she doesn't seem to like the bumbo she always hangs over the side)

She moans on the floor, in her chair, on the sofa, everywhere but me. DS was never like that, its tiring!

BigPigLittlePig Mon 18-Mar-13 11:01:25

chasing poptarts may provide part of the answer. Quicker than toast and about a billion caleries.
Good luck for today glenda - exciting times ahead.

A good night here again, good job as needed to be in a good mood when I discovered that the effing cat has pissed on the armchair again. It's always when dsd is here, so suspect it's stress related, but still - the litter tray is less than 2 metres away.

MissMummy1 Mon 18-Mar-13 11:00:34

Chasing please dont withdraw. We are all here to listen thanks

YW meant to sya your day sounded lovely! Are you and J both better now? M and I are both snuffly but everything crossed we make.baby massage tomorrow - I have it on the calendar that its the first aid guy tomorrow that we missed the first week. Is this right? Tomorrow is Tuesday 19th? Today is Monday?!

Cat good luck with cars. I wish I could get rid of mine altogether but where we live a car is essential. I had to phone my insurance company last week to find out if mine will be repaired or not. It wont as it has been written off. Still awaiting notification of how much I will get for it and how long I have a hire car for. Car shopping with DP has resulted in a lot of arguments. angry I have seen a 6 year old corsa that I could afford to buy outright myself (if I use my overdraft until insurance company pay out). It would be too small to use as a family car for the 3 of us but would easily do M and me. The stubborn side of me is determined to remain financially independant from him and keep having my own car. hmm Plus he is eyeing up another fucking landrover. angry angry

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 18-Mar-13 10:39:19

Don't withdraw chasing we are here to help with the realities of life and we all know there are shit time. Second the convenience food. Get some past sauces or something. O needs you to have energy to take care of him. Xxxx

PetiteRaleuse Mon 18-Mar-13 10:28:42

I like making cakes but have never been successful with a chocolate one. They always burn or go too dry. This one looks yum.

More bloody snow? i hope it doesn't come this way. I have had enough of winter.

This thread is not accepting new messages.