Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - The thread where it all starts to get easier. Pretty please?

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 13-Mar-13 22:29:25
kirrinIsland Thu 14-Mar-13 11:30:54

Hugs YW I have a photo album with family pictures in for the girls, as we don't see them all that often and I want them to be familiar. I have included a picture of Mum as I want them to know her, even though N never met her and DD1 was only 9 months when she died so won't actually remember her. I think having your own children is a comfort but also makes it even more heartbreaking iyswim. thanks

Passmethecrisps Thu 14-Mar-13 11:31:24

YW I like VQ's suggestion of a memory book. I hope you get through today ok. It must be really hard. Is your sister near you? Are you marking the day together at all?

P is covered in wee dry patches. Her cheeks were really bad so the doc gave her some hydrocortisone which cleared them up almost immediately. However, they have gone back to looking really dry and sore within 2 days of not using it. I am off to Sainsbury's later so what should I get her? I have been using cussons mum and me bed bath foam but I will stop using it.

Also. <coughs awkwardly> my fanjo is broken. There. I said it. My name is passme and I have a broken fanjo. Rather than getting stronger my pelvic floor feels weaker. When I wee it goes everywhere. I am sort of aware of my fanjo all the time. Like it feels heavy. I also took a wee look. Looks broken. My episiotomy hasn't healed properly.

What to do?

glendathefedupwitch Thu 14-Mar-13 11:40:35

Moooooooorrrrrrrrrrnnnnniiinnnggggggg!!!!! <runs and slides on knees into the quiche and hugs you all> I've missed you guys!!!!!

Last day of our hols and we've dodged snow but been battered with winds and cold temps!!! Managed to do lands end, st Ives & Plymouth!! Dottie went for her first swim and loved it followed by her first movie at the cinema (which she slept/fed/chattered through. Sleep regression hasn't caught up with us yet (hopes it's not sat waiting next to the cot at home getting angry!!) and other than transfer taking 2/3attempts she's slept like a dream!!!

Holiday been ok but I'm doing just as much as at home and getting pissed off with having to remind everyone read dh to pick up keys, wallet, coats etc yet no one thinks of me so I've forgotten feeding cushion twice, Muslins, toys and my purse once grrrrrrrr!!!!

Anyway have only skimmed so here's what I can remember:

pikz yay glad LO has evaded hospital and on the mend

eliza wooooooooo glad you and E are home safe n sound - should be able to give you some dates for meet up next week once I get timetables!!!

detective hugs for you and O - hope meds/new formula works xxx

wellie hugs flower xxx

Hi 5's to sophia, bp, pr, vq, luis, pp, mm, madam, Lilian's, 311, miss, tits, yw and all you other gorgeous quiche members

sweetpea1112 Thu 14-Mar-13 11:52:28

What a lovely post Bry thank you for your kind words.

YW thinking of you. VQ's idea is a good one. Lots of photos if possible.

VQ O always chats and smiles to a particular wall in the living room. DP thinks it is his dad who passed away a few years ago.

More thankfuls. The weather for being lovely and allowing me and O to have a lovely long walk, bringing some much needed sunshine and brightness into our life.

The M&P delivery which had just arrived, as it Is O's snug which I know he will love as his new favourite trick is trying to sit up unaided.

Lilliana Thu 14-Mar-13 12:00:37

Hugs to YW, another one who loves the memory box/book idea.

Hi Glenda, good to have you back

Sorry to hear about your fanjo Pass sad sounds like you need to get to the docs. There was a lady with a broken fanjo the other day and they fixed it (not suggesting you get your fanjo out on TV!)

Have used the word fanjo far too many times this post grin

Lilliana Thu 14-Mar-13 12:01:16

oops on embarrassing bodies

YW lots of photos are a good idea. DP's family all live abroad and DS will probably only see them every couple of years so we are making a big photo collage to put on his bedroom wall. We talk about them a lot as well.

DS had his third lot of jabs this morning and is now fast asleep on my chest. I'm hungry but don't want to wake him. We are going to a weaning class this afternoon so he needs to sleep or he will be miserable mid afternoon.

ValiumQueen Thu 14-Mar-13 12:10:41

I am thankful I didn't do a Dexter on the receptionist at the GP this morning.

pass it was J who had blood in the poo. I saw the Dr weeks back when it happened and said I thought it was an intolerance or absorption thing relating to lactose, and she said it was an anal fissure.

detective see above ^^ the Dr and HV said those symptoms are colic. Thank you for the link. I am sure that is what it is. I have been doing all the things right to rectify it, and it is still going on, so will put him on lactose free formula over WE and see if it helps. I will not get to see a GP, but if it does help, I can tell them I fucking told them so, and get it on prescription.

J is due his jags today at 2. Last time I turned up at before 2 and he was not seen by 2.45 so had to get A and go back. They were not polite to me. This morning I went in and asked if I could put my name on the list so I could ensure I was seen in time as today I also have to get B at 3.30 so could not go back. The bitch said no. Cannot take any names before 1.45 and even then there is no guarantee, even with my circumstances. I said I would sit and wait then, at 9.15 so granted slight piss take. She said I was not allowed. I said I would be back at 1 to ensure I would be first in queue. She said that was not allowed either. Twat.

J this morning has fed from me, screaming throughout. Just given him a bottle and he is fast asleep on my lap. He is self weaning as he knows my milk is hurting him. It is not because the bottle is easier as it is a number 1 teat and my milk is plentiful, although I know it will tail off as he feeds less.

So plan for Jacob is as follows:

Buy and try lactose free formula over weekend if I can find it

Gradually wean off breast onto bottle

Go to GP next week regardless of whether it works

If we do not get seen today by 2.30 for jags, through no fault of my own, to see GP tomorrow and get them even if I have to do a formal complaint

How does that sound Team Nov?

BigPigLittlePig Thu 14-Mar-13 12:13:08

sad
MIL has invited herself round this afternoon. Not in the mood.

ValiumQueen Thu 14-Mar-13 12:13:38

pass agree GP is your first port of call. Sorry to hear that.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 14-Mar-13 12:19:11

Sounds like a plan VQ

sympathies pig I have no family within 900 km and sometimes that's a PITA but most of the time it's a blessing.

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 14-Mar-13 12:23:47

Hi 5 glenda welcome back. Sounds like you have had a great hols despite the weather.

ValiumQueen Thu 14-Mar-13 12:24:27

Welcome back glenda

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 14-Mar-13 12:28:07

pass was going to suggest Embarrassing Bodies but liliana beat me to it. grin

Aveeno for the dry skin my lovely. Interestingly I don't usually use anything to bath O, other than water obviously, and when we were away he went in with DS1 and some of that cushions mum and me stuff but for babies and he got terrible eczema on his face and head. You may remember I thought it might be slap cheek. Am now pretty sure is that bathing stuff.

ShellyBobbs Thu 14-Mar-13 12:31:41

Hope you'll be ok YW, hugs a plenty on here x

VQ I'd go at 1 anyway, but I kick off at the doctors all the time (remember whooping cough gate grin )

Hope the sleep fairies visit non-sleeping babies tonight and mummies get some well deserved sleep.

Tommy flat out on my chest after third lot of jabs, crashed out after an explosive poonarmi which resulted in him having everything changed bar his socks. what was I saying on fb about fantastic Aldi nappies

sweetpea1112 Thu 14-Mar-13 12:32:23

I have just bought some Aveeno for O's dry scalp. Do I put it on and leave it? Or wash off?

Donnadoon Thu 14-Mar-13 12:48:10

Hola smile

YellowWellies Thu 14-Mar-13 12:55:57

Awww thanks quiche. VQ that sounds like a kick ass plan. If there is a hell I hope there is a special area for that sort of doctors' receptionist!!!

Pass I'm still getting red blood from my epis so am pretty convinced its not healed right either. I'd go to the doctor except for the fecking receptionist issues....

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 14-Mar-13 12:59:37

sweetpea I put it on and leave it soak in, then obviously it washes of in the bath. But then we only bath on Monday's, Wednesday's and Saturday's!

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 14-Mar-13 13:01:29

Plan vq xx

ValiumQueen Thu 14-Mar-13 13:01:34

Been reading up about lactose overload. Seems obvious now. Why did nobody HCP suggest it?

There are some sites that say lactose free formula is unnecessary or even dangerous (may be shite sites) and some say it is oversupply, some poor supply. One sided feeding is mentioned as a culprit, and we have that.

I have had enough. I am swapping to formula. If I had had help when I asked for it weeks ago, I would have been willing to try, but he is 20 weeks now and I am too fucking tired.

He has been asleep on my lap so we will get to GP for about 1.30 as he is having another wee feed from me.

Donnadoon Thu 14-Mar-13 13:16:52

Do you know what I was thinking about you VQ and its a bloody wonder you haven't made yourself Ill ... I mean like getting yourself really ran down or something, what with all the feeding and the sleepless nights..I think you've done bloody amazing.
My DD has 10 ozs of formula a day now and it makes my life that bit more bearable as I have been suffering from a nasty throat infraction for a month
She wakes me at 3am every single night without fail but has been in her basket since 8pm so I'm not moaning
Anyway be kind to yourself and do what's right for you.

sweetpea1112 Thu 14-Mar-13 13:18:57

VQ You have breastfed J for almost 5 months! That is fucking amazing. I managed barely 5 days.

Nobody will blame you for switching to formula and there are plenty of quiche members ready to dish out wet fish slaps if you even think of feeling guilty.

BigPigLittlePig Thu 14-Mar-13 13:23:09

<hands back exceedingly tatty and odorous wet fish>

PurplePidjin Thu 14-Mar-13 13:25:42

I am thankful for babies who have finally learned how to fall and stay asleep in the car seat. I have cooked and eaten a kedgeree and have nearly finished my coffee, he dropped off in the sling at dp's hospital appointment this morning and has slept through the transfers! I might try and make the cartot and ginger cake dp wants in a sec...

Can't help on any questions so brew all round instead, sorry

This thread is not accepting new messages.