Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

November 2012 - BFPs? Already? You girls are going to have some fun!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 04-Mar-13 07:22:27

Previous thread: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1693077-November-2012-They-WERE-sleeping-what-happened

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Mon 04-Mar-13 13:19:04

Great news eliza, it made a happy tear form in the corner of my eye!

rootypig Mon 04-Mar-13 13:23:25

Stunt how funny, just attempted bumbo and tray for first time today. S looked like she had her own office! I just lifted front of bumbo off the floor slightly and squidged the soft foamy stuff into the tray, iyswim.

Eliza wonderful news, so lovely to hear your happiness and relief smile and know LO is going to be well

Pea we live in a TINY flat (quote my brother: there are dogs with houses bigger than yours). I feel lost in my mum's rather modest three bed house! but I think it's nice actually, you can be close to LO and each doing your own thing in the same space. I would be fine staying that long. We got this cot on ebay for £60 grin: www.bloombaby.com/collection/spec.php?sID=83 might be a good option if you're short on space?

Pikz Mon 04-Mar-13 13:24:34

Eliza am so happy for you had a little cry.

Mother's Day and DP birthday shopping done. LO chatted and grinned and now asleep. Weather glorious so think another walk later.

Have to admit am finding motherhood a bit lonely despite all the groups. So used to being around a big team all day.

rootypig Mon 04-Mar-13 13:24:58

Glenda Dottie such a sweet name! are you in uni? I have to finish exams for my masters this June, am supposed to start studying for them now, not quiiiite sure how this is going to work!

kirrinIsland Mon 04-Mar-13 13:35:11

Yay Eliza Thats great news smile

What are you studying rootypig ?

sweetpea my DD1 was in our room til she was 18 months - it was fine.

glenda glad all is well with DP, and great news for your friend smile

It's a nice day here, so I'm going to get some bits from Boots and then go for a walk I think.

glendathefedupwitch Mon 04-Mar-13 13:41:50

rooty thank you - it was v hard to come up with a name I liked as much as dd1's tallulah as that was my all time favourite girls name and I had to persuade dh but he loves it too now!!! I start uni on 18th doing my midwifery training so I am über excited!!!

I am going to wean the girls in 4 weeks, they will be 26 week then. A combination of BLW and mashed food until they get the motor skills to eat on their own. Looking forward to it!

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 14:00:28

Afternoon!

If I'm not careful I'll end up with a bloody BFP at this rate. I woke DP back up after O settled last night grin. Then I realised mid shag, I was ovulating. It's always when I'm bloody ovulating! My body is desperate to be pregnant. I am not. Thank god for no contraceptive mishaps this time! Really must start on that pill!.

Horsey The woman hasn't emailed me, did she message you back?

Thanks for the thoughts on AP. I thought it would be something different than that. I like the idea, but not what I read on that page!

O is currently sat on daddys knee watching me, and grinning. Has been unputdownable all day again!

We're supposed to be watching The Little Mermaid, but I've been distracted by MN again!

Sleep - erm, well we have a little routine, and that seems to work. We don't have any problems getting him to sleep in the evening yet but his sleep definitely isn't what it was. He never woke for anything other than a feed, yet now he is every night. So we've got the bedtime routine to a pat, but that's about it. We sometimes do a bath, sometimes just take upstairs, nappy change, swaddle on, sit in dark bedroom and feed. And then he's gone, so put him down.

With naps, his naps start off short -45 mins or so, building up to a 3-4 hour afternoon nap (not as good as it sounds as he often wakes still tired, so you have to get him back to sleep). Then a final shorter nap of 45 mins or so before bedtime. He has around 4 sleeps a day. I don't find it makes much difference to night time sleep tbh! We've just managed to get him to sleep in the swing again after days of only sleeping on me. But I've had to use the swaddle in the day to get him to stay asleep til he's ready to wake rather than crying out mid sleep.

My best tips are swaddling and white noise, also for us, a dummy. The white noise worked last night at every wakening. I just pressed play each time he woke, and he went straight back. If I'd of picked him up and rocked him back to sleep, getting him back in the cot would have been much harder work. I know if the white noise doesn't work straight away that he wants a feed.

Eliza Wow!!! That's awesome!! Just what I was hoping for! So glad for you!

Stunt I don't take the tray off? I just leave it on. He prefers it that way as he can play with eat toys easier.

Fucking hell, in the time it has taken me to write this - about 15-20 mins, he has been in the bumbo HAPPILY!! Fuck. Please let this continue! I might be able to have a shit! grin

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 14:02:52

Spoke too soon!!!!!

BigPigLittlePig Mon 04-Mar-13 14:11:02

detective the last line of your post made me chuckle - so ladylike grin

Have managed to put F down for her 2 power naps so far - admittedly on the sofa propped up by cushions - but have done the laundry and done a quick whiz round the house with a duster makes me happy

The thought of weaning terrifies me. F is clearly a million miles away from being ready just yet, if her tongue thrust is anything to go by. We're going to try with the bottle again this week...dh won the award for "least helpful comment EVER" at the weekend. I said I sometimes feel like I've forgotten who I am, and his reply was "well you chose to bf". I swallowed down the rage and muttered between clenched teeth "that wasn't helpful, sweetheart" angry

rootypig Mon 04-Mar-13 14:13:38

oooh glenda that is exciting, much more so than dry as dust endless cases law <<there's your answer kirrin grin

am going to have to cram for two weeks worth of exams at a time when DH is also mad at work and LO will be 8mo so a handful how the fuck it will work I have no idea

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 14:25:01

Sorry BP I'm anything but lady like!!!

What a twatty comment. I'd have to plan revenge for that one....

I've just rang the GP. Prescription for staydown is ready!! Woooohoooo! Don't get much in life for free, so fuck it. I'm having this one!

Oh help ladies! First day home alone and J had got chronic d&v, he's slept all day (although I'm waking to feed and make sure he's ok) but I've changed his clothes 6 times because he's pooing out yellow water that the nappies can't hold and he's chucking up so much watery milk/posset that his hair is caked in it. Do I just bf as normal or extra or do I give water/ dioralite? I'm finding it really tough to deal with sad

horseylady Mon 04-Mar-13 14:37:48

detective lol about that!! No she's not messaged me, hence me asking if she'd contacted you!! Just picked up the jumperoo I bought!! Think she'd bought it 2nd hand too!! So all is good!!

No gaviscon anywhere sad booooo glad you stay down on prescription. I might have to speak to them about alternatives!

Brockle Mon 04-Mar-13 14:41:58

not sure tits call nhs direct just to check. keep bfing as often as you can. sending you hugs x

inane q: how early can left or right handedness be spotted? y definitely favours his left hand at the mo. ds1 is a leftie and I think we guessed pretty early on. just wondered as have nothing better to do.

glendathefedupwitch Mon 04-Mar-13 14:44:13

tits oh dear that doesn't sound good poor little lamb - I would get an appt at the drs - not sure what age they are started on dioralyte??? Hope it goes v quickly xx

BigPigLittlePig Mon 04-Mar-13 14:44:51

Oh tits thanks for you and J - I think bm should be just fine. Really hope he's feeling better soon.

Dragging myself out now for a walk it's effing cold so would rather not

glendathefedupwitch Mon 04-Mar-13 14:47:21

brockle no idea if its from birth or not - would be interested to learn as D favours her right hand for everything lol!!!

Forgot to mention Dottie had a piece of cucumber to gum last night while we ate dinner - she lived having a suck and must have liked the coolness on her gums, she dribbled like mad!!!

Sophiathesnowfairy Mon 04-Mar-13 15:00:46

I have seen those cots rooty they are bootiful.

BigPigLittlePig Mon 04-Mar-13 15:55:42

Would it be wrong, after taking F out in the pram, to leave her sleeping in the pram outside, in our back garden? Once again she has woken the instant we've come inside and I'm sure it must be the sudden change in temperature.

PennieLane Mon 04-Mar-13 16:05:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sweetpea1112 Mon 04-Mar-13 16:14:48

pig O wakes up the second we get inside too - I think for him it is because there is no background noise. I have ended up on some loooong walks because of this!

Lilliana Mon 04-Mar-13 16:22:39

YAY Eliza so pleased for you!!

BPLP my mum was told to leave me outside to sleep. As long as she is in a safe place I see no problem. L is happier outside than inside awake or asleep.

Today at baby massage L rolled over for the first time smile Think she shocked herself so was probably more accident than on purpose!

4 hours and then another 2 last night- getting worse but not as bad as it has been. Walked miles around town / the park today so hoping she will sleep better again tonight.

PetiteRaleuse Mon 04-Mar-13 16:35:24

It's warm and sunny today Pennie and tomorrow. Cloudy but mild for the rest of the week from what I can see though they were saying 16 and sun for Thursday.. Enjoy your trip. Have you been out here before?

StuntNun Mon 04-Mar-13 16:36:18

Tits you may be advised to only give water for 24 hours, better check with GP or NHS Direct. Poor wee thing. thanks

This thread is not accepting new messages.