Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - They WERE sleeping, what happened?

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 26-Feb-13 06:27:42
wellieboots Tue 26-Feb-13 06:33:08

Marking place - mine now will NOT sleep and is constantly grouchy - total nightmare! 4 month sleep regression?

MissMummy1 Tue 26-Feb-13 06:42:05

12 week growth spurt - give me back my baby!! angry

Catbag Tue 26-Feb-13 08:41:09

Were they sleeping? Really though? NO!

<squeaks hysterically>

StuntNun Tue 26-Feb-13 08:42:45

Some were Cat. Not mine though. hmm

ChunkyChicken Tue 26-Feb-13 08:55:06

<shuffles in wearing milk-and-vom-strewn dressing gown, rubs bleary eyes and yawns. Looks around, half-heartedly waves. Grunts at thread title. Shuffles out>

ShellyBobbs Tue 26-Feb-13 10:00:33

I've still not had sex.

Same here shelly

Plus don't want to!

Pikz Tue 26-Feb-13 10:29:22

Cat mine wasnt sleeping either....

StuntNun Tue 26-Feb-13 11:43:06

Mine was definitely sleeping better, we were down to one feed per night. Oh those were the days.

BigPigLittlePig Tue 26-Feb-13 12:07:03

What happened was that babylaughalot stole the sleepy dust wink

PennieLane Tue 26-Feb-13 12:28:56

<whispers> still 10/11 hours here, but this is the thread for 4 month regression so will no doubt be joining you all in wee hours soon sad

Why are my babies sleeping like newborns still? They just don't seem to ever be awake! They can't manage more than 90 minutes of awake time, ever!

They are up around 7:30am then morning nap around 8:45am for 1.5 hours and I usually have to wake them, then back for afternoon nap around 11:45am until 2:30pm then they howl and make a fuss an hour later and have another 45 minutes at 3:30pm! They sleep loads at night so no need to be so sleepy in the day. We can never really do much as they are grumpy and moany when tired. DT2 had meltdown in Sainsburys trolley on Sunday because she wanted to sleep and couldn't! Plus they always want to sleep in their cots, never anywhere else!

I am not complaining but I am wondering if they will ever stay awake for more than 90 minutes at a time!

ChunkyChicken Tue 26-Feb-13 12:57:30

garden you will rue the day you complained about them sleeping too much grin

Some of the sleepy dust obviously came our way too (sorry). He went back to his bed between 8-9, wake once between 3.30-5.30 for a feed & back to sleep immediately, then up between 7-8 routine. After the night before when both of them were up ALL NIGHT I'm still shattered but its a fantastic improvement. (Again, apologies smile )

God chunky not complaining! grin

Just wondering when we can go out and do things I see other mothers doing!

PetiteRaleuse Tue 26-Feb-13 15:03:16

<whispers> no sleep problems here unless you count MY insomnia. Sweary Wednesday tomorrow everyone grin

ValiumQueen Tue 26-Feb-13 15:31:43

Mine wasn't sleeping but seems to be now. I am also shagging like a bunny.

PurplePidjin Tue 26-Feb-13 18:09:04

brew

Decaffeinated coffee has caffeine in sad so does chai latte. I hate herbal tea. Any suggestions??

BigPigLittlePig Tue 26-Feb-13 18:59:58

pp I have hot summer fruits squash, or honey & lemon <yum>

sweetpea1112 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:20:54

<quietly sneaks back onto thread which seems less daunting with only a few posts >

Hi all,

I was an occasional poster/lurker a few weeks back, but felt slightly intimidated by all of your greater knowledge and wisdom and quietly retreated. However, having bumped into detective on another thread I am back.

Oscar is 13weeks tomorrow, born 28/11 and is on ok-ish sleeper but nothing amazing. Goes down at 7:30, wakes at 12 and 4 for feeds and up for the day at 7ish. He was a wee dot at 6lb 1oz at birth so am blaming his small size on his not being able to sleep for longer than 5 hours at a time.

Second lot of jabs tomorrow which I am completely dreading as the first lot resulted in an all night screamathon confused

Catbag Tue 26-Feb-13 19:33:42

Excellent news on podgy babies YW and BP!

Erm, sorry you're having to wash cutlery VQ

MM What awful luck, and horrible inconvenience. Car insurance companies are up with Student Finance as my most hated institutions to have to interact with.

Did I read earlier that someone had expressed 18oz? Was that in one go? <stunned>

MissMummy1 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:37:27

Vq I bloody better have another car by then. Or at least a courtesy car while the fuckers at my insurance deal with it angry

I finally got in touch with the woman. I made her cry sad Her car has cost £91 to be repaired. She tried to blame the fact I had an 'old car that bent easily' for the extent of the damage hmm Wish me luck with the insurance bastards!

Catbag Tue 26-Feb-13 19:39:53

An old car that bent easily? If it were not so irritating for you, I'd have to laugh at that. What utter drivel.

StuntNun Tue 26-Feb-13 19:41:38

Welcome back Sweetpea, we are not wise, some are experts in their chosen area but the rest of us are faking.

I am irked at DH because I bought two new bras today and went to show one off to him and he said, "It's very big isn't it?" as if I'd bought a Triumph Doreen or something. Of course it's big, I'm breastfeeding! Turns out he meant because it's a full cup. I'm pretty sure skimpy nursing bras don't exist.

This thread is not accepting new messages.