Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 08 Mums - Happy New Thread, You Beauties!

(992 Posts)
beans37 Tue 01-Jan-13 21:04:52

Come join me....

DeidreBarlow Mon 07-Jan-13 20:48:31

Oh lady not more pox. At least it's out of the way now, which I can say given that I am now out the other side!

Kiwi, has she been drinking plenty? DD had a phase of not drinking much at all and not wiping properly after going to the loo. She had a water infection. She never could quite articulate the pain just kept saying it was hurting and writhing about.

So DH is home. He reckons I have misunderstood him. He is hugely appreciative of what I do with the house kids etc. But he feels I could achieve more career wisehmm. He says I should think about what I want to do when DS starts school. I'm not convinced and still fuming with him which he is well aware of. I will calm down but it's hard to give a shit when I'm not sure he actually appreciates anything I do!

DeidreBarlow Mon 07-Jan-13 20:51:02

Oh and on a lighter note speaking of books my sister has passed me the Fifty Shades Trilogy. I am half way through the second. Bloody hell it's crap, I just keep reading hoping I might understand what the fuss is about. Even the sexy bits are shit. Hats off to the author though, she's made millions writing this drivel!

Indith Mon 07-Jan-13 21:35:29

Makes you wish you go in there first doesn't it DB? I have been known to read some fanfic, there was an author wrote some very good smut who went to to get a book deal, her books were smut too but unlike 50 shades were actually original rather than her fanfic with the names changed. I never was brave enough to buy one thou must try and remember the name and see if they are on kindle.

Well I guess your dh has given you an opening even if you don't believe it to be sincere. You can take a look at what you want to do when they are both in school, do the sums and then present it to him in an "I've thought about what you said, I'm glad you are concerned about what I want to do lets have a look at this together" way.

The one good thing about the pox. Once it is done it is (usually) done. Think we missed our chance to get ds2 poxed. I was semi hoping he'd have it done and dusted before the degree starts! We played with some friends last week, one had it over the holidays but the sister hadn't, now past incubation period and she still hasn't had it so nobody was contagious when we played. Not that I'd actually deliberatly expose a baby a preschooler on the other hand.

Indith Mon 07-Jan-13 21:44:26

Well what do you know, they are on Kindle.

beans37 Mon 07-Jan-13 22:09:08

KP - see on fb you are in A&E for littles. Is all ok? More than worms?

KiwiPanda Tue 08-Jan-13 00:03:33

Thanks all - yes beans she went totally hysterical after I posted last so ended up taking here there as she said it hurt when she wee-d and that's the thing they always told us to look out for when she was litter (from kidney failure when she was born). Doc reckoned it is actually thrush though! Poor mite.

KiwiPanda Tue 08-Jan-13 00:04:09

Littler.. Not litter.. Makes her sound like a kitten smile

Indith Tue 08-Jan-13 07:28:41

Glad she's ok and you now know what it is smile

DeidreBarlow Tue 08-Jan-13 08:24:18

kiwi Glad you got it sorted.

DH is going overboard on being remorseful...good! Am feeling less angry at him today. He was amused by my spreadsheetgrin. Although I actually think a little shocked at what more I need to earn to break even...he really is clueless because I have always dealt with the childcare cover. He was also a little taken aback when I suggested to him that if I did go back FT he would need to do 50% of household stuff...he hadn't factored that in!!

Indith Tue 08-Jan-13 09:45:30

grin hope it sinks in properly and he is a little more understanding and grateful of what you do in future.

Rubena Tue 08-Jan-13 11:09:35

Lady sorry you're in round 2 but at least will be out of the way confused

Deids glad to read dh is sucking up. And glad he hadn't thought about the 50/50 and has wound his neck in slightly. A MN cottage break for you for sure!
Kiwi glad you got dds front bum sorted. My dd always says it hurts when I wipe her. But I can't see redness or anything. I'm wondering if it did one time and now she's made a habit of saying ouch for the hell if it.

Vag camping might be fun but my only concern is us lot take an age to organise / coordinate meet ups, and it may rain and not be too ideal so at least if its a cottage it would be more of a sure thing. I'm sure most don't mind sharing rooms etc.

Indith don't spend the kids inheritance! Pay it forward. Sore spot with me.

Well my smugness has backfired and I came home with no sign if a sinus infection but has turned into an eye infection - EXACTLY what happened last time I was ill and went through 3 types of antibiotics before I shook it awhile back. [sigh] still have drops in fridge so (i know bad) going to use those today. Urgh. I feel so unhealthy & I'm not even drinking. Ate my way through all 3 cabins on the way home and didn't get a wink of sleep.
Had to do kiddie swap with dh at airport on arrival then stuck in traffic and completely forgot I had man coming to repair washing machine and look at oven door.
Now when you get a window of 9-1 for a repair man, when do they EVER show up at 9? Had to beg him to wait 20 min for me. Turns out dh left coins in his pocket when did laundry - guess i am pleased he did laundry though wink
I have a mountain to do now as it was broken for a week so must run.

Indith Tue 08-Jan-13 11:25:10

What about a camping barn or a youth hostel? A cheap holiday I might be able to manage! Mind you camping/barns etc are more suited to a big child and husband too type meet rather than a get tiddly and sleep uninterrupted meet.

Rubes dh and I are both too anal to spend the inheritance (if there is any.....). We will always both be savers above anything else.

Vagolajahooli Tue 08-Jan-13 13:24:08

Afternoon ladies, sorry about the more pox or in some cases the not enough pox. Oh & poor old mini panda & her itchy bits. I had terrible thrush once & it's not fun.

DB I'm amazed that he hadn't thought that his situation & responsibility would change yours did. My DH suggested he look after the kids for several days. He said one day is not enough because in one day you can get by without cleaning up much & a cheeky easy meal. Several days is a better indicator. Maybe you should come over here!

Day two of dS2 in school and again amazed at how much I can get done. I'm going to have the tidiest house in den haag soon.

Rubes I loved "wound his head in" haven't heard that for ages. DH is thinking of doing a bit of the tour de France. A friend of ours in Australia runs a tour from there over to France for the race each year. It would include Alp duez. He's a bit scaredbut I tthink it would be good for him. Is your DH interested in having a go? We could keep each other company they ride up hill.

Indith Tue 08-Jan-13 13:41:30

You can come and tidy mine if you don't have enough to do Vag.

Vagolajahooli Tue 08-Jan-13 17:59:03

You know if I came to yours no cleaning would get done Indith, we'd just drink tea & eat cake, lots of cake. Mmmmm caaaake.

Rubena Wed 09-Jan-13 08:07:21

Oooh interesting Vag. Will run it by Dh. He was mentioning he needs something to motivate him back into it.
Eye still red but possible slight improvement. Sore throat arrival this morning. I don't think there is any other condition I can get from the waist up. Roll on Spring.

beans37 Wed 09-Jan-13 11:40:40

Hello all! Off to swimming with girls shortly.
I'm not going to jump to any conclusions again, but period a day late, test is again positive. What is going on? Perhaps I have naturally high HCG levels or something. Bloody hell. And DH and I have hardly had any sex this cycle. And he withdrew at crunchpoint most times. Oh bugger. And a tentative hurrah. But still mixed feelings! Eek.

beans37 Wed 09-Jan-13 11:42:10

PS Don't all get excited after the last 3 day wonder!!!!!!

Nolda Wed 09-Jan-13 13:39:41

A very slightly excited, Hurrah, from me Beans. Fingers crossed.

Kiwi, hope yr DD is on the mend.

Lady, how are things with the pox?

It's so quiet here. DS is doing a whole day at pre-school for the first time and I've hoovered and washed floors. It does feel a bit dull here. I'm used to living in a small town and there's nothing here but houses (and Londpiss, of course). It'll be better when DH gets his car sorted and I can have mine back. Not that I'll be zooming off all the time but it's nice to know escape is available. I might have to get a job!!

McKayz Wed 09-Jan-13 14:09:35

A small but excited Hurrah here too Beans.

DeidreBarlow Wed 09-Jan-13 16:28:58

Oh beans...I hope it all works out for youwink

Rubena Wed 09-Jan-13 16:34:05

Good luck Beans!

JamInMyWellies Wed 09-Jan-13 17:14:13

Excited little squeal here. grin

Vagolajahooli Wed 09-Jan-13 17:41:29

<Whispers> woohoo beans

ArtigeneAuberchoke Wed 09-Jan-13 20:11:23

A muted cheer from over here too Beans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now