Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2011 - they'll soon be one, put away the <haddocks> and bring out the bunting!

(997 Posts)
seven77 Sat 03-Nov-12 09:38:45

I loved kate's thread name but thought we needed a birthday theme for this one. We'll soon have 6 weeks of birthdays to celebrate!

SpectralMissSpooky Mon 05-Nov-12 19:52:05

Pretty babies! I'll rummage the laptop out tomorrow and stick one of the tentacled one upsmile

I have no idea where the holes for mounting frame are. I suspect it will have them, it's a new tv. One day I will get rid if it! Would love to be tellylesssmile

I've dealt with a choking five year old. She had a piece if undercooked macaroni stuck. Back thumps did it. Scary business thoughsad

BJR Mon 05-Nov-12 19:53:42

I have a walking baby (well he staggers about like a drunk, but I think it still counts) grin

Lovely pics missree and Xiao

DP had his first whole day looking after both boys at the same time and getting them to bed himself at the weekend as I went to a hen party. It all went suprisingly well, I should have more faith in him really.

Wow Seven only another 16 days and can't believe your DD is in 18-24 month clothes, my little shorty is still in 6-9 months in some things!

KateM77 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:16:12

Welcome back muffin

What lovely pics Xiao and Ree

Glad you enjoyed the party Oi. Such a shame about the 'friend'. Walking away certainly sounds like a good plan.

Good luck to those TTC, and go for it Xiao. I was really scared when I fell pg so quickly with DS, but our 20month age gap has been just lovely.

<pompoms> for the walking BJR

DD was sick in my hands today. It was not a highlight. On a cuter note, she struggles to say utility room, and I've just realised that she calls it the Lucy Tilly room. It will henceforth always be called that smile

seven77 Mon 05-Nov-12 21:04:43

Ugh to the sick kate, but the Lucy Tilly room is so cute!

BJR yay for the walking! All of her clothes look a bit daft tbh, she needs the longer length as she's so tall, but skinny so they hang off her. Still I guess she won't be complaining if she's 5ft 10 and a size 6 when she's older! How ate things with DP now?

DH bought alcohol free lager today bless him, tis actually very nice. And I ordered alcohol free Sauvignon style wine from tesco, which we'll try tomorrow. I hope it's nice, a 250ml glass is only 60 calories!

The Becks alcohol free is fine seven, although I have to admit I just had one or two 'normal' drinks of a week and otherwise just soft ones- I ran off diet Vimto! I too am feeling very broody, and it's bloody weird as I didn't feel broody before I had DS confused.
Gimme more babies now

And glad to hear that it's going well with DP at the moment BJR, that sounds positive? And brilliant that DS is walking, albeit in a cute staggering drunk way smile, and a petite little booze hound at that. Very cute pictures as well ladies, and all your babies have so much hair, am so envy! Can't wait to see a new one of Octoboy SMS. DP is just downloading a new set, so will put up some new ones of DS too.

How're you feeling AWCH, do you go to the epu in the end? We'll all be willing a bean your way for Xmas... And that's really crappy of your MiL, I've read quite a few threads on here about families that have done it and it's not on at all. Does she not get that it's tough for you both and you'd rather keep it private? (Hugs)

We're booked in for DS's parents evening, and I can't believe I've written those words. He'll be 11 months for heaven's sake, and he'll have been in the baby unit for three months. However stupid it feels, the pressure not to be the only parents who don't go along, and mark us out as 'uncaring', however bollocks that may be, is too strong.
Also, I am not averse to sitting and having someone confirm how wonderful DS is, so I suppose I'll live.... wink

SpectralMissSpooky Tue 06-Nov-12 07:00:48

Taking Octoboy to the doctor today. His chest has gone off again. No sleep at all last nightsad

Aethelfleda Tue 06-Nov-12 07:29:06

Sympathy LMF. we had teething grumps through 2-5 with 30 min dozes punctuated by whimpers and wriggles (for the last week he's been comjng into our bed simply as I then get half a night's sleep rather than repeated wails from the cot every ten minutes). Tooth count is still 5 but we think number six is the culprit...

<rolls out the barrel of uber-mature coffee>

CheungFun Tue 06-Nov-12 08:33:02

Aww cute photos Xiao and MissRee! They're both looking so grown up!

I definitely want another baby and I think we will aim for a 2-3 year age gap, but sometimes I do wonder if I struggle at times with one what the hell will happen when there are two?!

Anyway, good luck to those TTC! Btw what is a bfp?

Off to look at another nursery later, so I'm hoping I feel positive about it after the visit! I'm quite limited on choices as I don't drive so I need somewhere within walking distance of my workplace. This nursery is a 20 minute walk away so that's fine with me, anything over 30 minutes will be impossible with public transport added to the mix as well!

mopsytop Tue 06-Nov-12 09:00:54

Gorgeous babas Xiao and MissRee! They are getting so big.

My chest is on the mend (phew!) but it all moved up to my sinuses, I had such a bad sinus headache that I couldn't move my head. It felt like a migraine it was so bad, but the pain was different and in a different place, if that makes sense. Then I got sinus toothache, and was up until 3am in agony before I finally got to sleep after taking one of my left-over-from-childbirth codeine pills. The toothache is still agonising today. Bad sore throat as well, but at least it doesn't hurt to cough anymore I suppose. I have just spent ten minutes over a steaming bowl of boiling water with a towel over my head. Am going to do that once an hour. Also taking decongestent. And drinking as much water as I can stomach. Don't know what else I can do. Haven't felt so rubbish in a really long time. Third day in bed, this hasn't happened in a long while sad

My husband is being great, taking minimopsy to nursery, getting her up and putting her to bed and getting up during the night to settle her and doing everything else. Work has taken a back seat and I am feeling stressed, will try do some today.

Anyone any other tips on reducing the toothache pain? It's driving me crazy, I can't think of anything else except the pain. Sorry not to namecheck or respond to anyone, I am so selfish and me me me at the moment. Feeling v. sorry for myself! I will do when I feeling better, sorry sad

Aethelfleda Tue 06-Nov-12 09:32:31

Mopsy, ibuprofen is good for teeth, or soluble aspirin at high (900mg) doses. If you prefer herbal treatments oil of cloves is mean tto be helpful for teeth but i've never used that one personally. Hope it gets better v soon...

mopsytop Tue 06-Nov-12 09:36:00

Does it work even if the pain is caused by sinusitis?

mopsytop Tue 06-Nov-12 09:37:03

(sorry I meant to say thanks for the advice, aethel! ugh sorry I am being a very unpleasantly self-obsessed specimen today!)

OiMissus Tue 06-Nov-12 09:45:21

Love the Lucy Tilly room, Kate! Soooo sweet.
As are the pics of blue-eyed little handsome fellas Xiao, and uber-cute dimples MissRee!
I want another, am broody. I notice the changes in my body more now, and I think "Hmmm - this means I'm in fertile mode... Should we...?" But then I get my practical head on and think about childcare, and associated costs, and think "Maybe just not yet". hmm
I loved fireworks until yesterday. We had regular wake ups until gone midnight, with every big bang came a whimper followed by a cry. sad But thankfully after that he settled down - and slept through until I woke him this morning to get ready for nursery!
I think that true sleeping through will happen soon....maybe.

OiMissus Tue 06-Nov-12 09:46:07

(Sorry mopsy - I meant to offer sympathies. I don't have any advice for sinus-related toothache, I'm afraid.)

Hope all goes well at the Dr's today SMS, and he manages a nights sleep.

mopsy, if you've got any teething powder lying about the house it's ok for a short spot of relief (and rubbing white powder on your teeth will make you feel like Tony Montana) or anbesol, aside from that drug up on whatever you can.

Cheung bfp= big fat positive (pregnancy test). Hope the nursery checking out goes well.

Northen, didn't bother with the epu, had a bfn 2 days into mc & there was <tmi> so many clumps & clots I can't see how there would be anything left up there. Keeping an eye on my temp etc just to make sure I don't end up with sepsis!
Parents Evening?!? shock Please, please, please act like a pushy mum & ask why he's not speaking fluent Latin yet!

<pompoms> for your drunnk baby BJR, how are thing with you & DP?

We've booked our 1st expensive-ish, non-refundable holiday for next September, which obviously means I'll be in labour around then <fingers crossed>

seven77 Tue 06-Nov-12 10:32:19

AWCH good move booking a non-refundable holiday, inevitably means you'll get pregnant and either be due then or have to do it with a newborn!

Hope drs goes ok SMS, and you get a better night tonight.

Oi I hate fireworks, they're a nuisance. I know I'm being daft and people without kids don't care about waking them up, but it gets dark at 5, why do people have to still be letting them off at 11?! DS had to sleep with his door open and the landing light on.

cheung hope you like the nursery.

mopsy no advice but sending sympathy and chocolate in your direction.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

SMS Hope you get some answers for Octoboy at the doctors this morning.

My nan was blue-lighted to A&E last night with Tachycardia and SOB. She has been on a trolley all night in a corridor as the hospital apparently doesn't have any beds in MAU, Cardiology, Respiratory or Elderly wards and it is supposed to be a 'Super Hospital'. They ran some tests and think she has fluids on her lungs. Which is what I think is causing the Tachycardia. I'm not a doc but working for them you pick up a few things! Just very annoying that my 80yr old grandmother who hasn't been able to breathe properly is sat on a trolley in the corridor in one of the country's super hospitals sad

OiMissus Tue 06-Nov-12 12:14:31

seven I think that all fireworks should be completed before 9pm at night - then even grown up parties work.
dsm that's horrendous. I hope your nan is given better care, and comes out of hospital soon, fixed and ready to move on. The sooner you can get her back home the better, in my experience. Old people and hospitals do not get on.

seven77 Tue 06-Nov-12 12:54:26

DSM I have no idea what either of those are blush but wishing her a speedy recovery and better treatment.

BeeMyBaby Tue 06-Nov-12 13:46:06

DSM is your grandmother in a room yet?

AWCH Are we allowed to start giving cows milk now? I have been giving DD2 tiny bits (less than an ounce) a day and I'm desperate to switch her over to cows milk as she really hates formula and I think makes herself a bit dehydrated waiting for me to come home.

BJR Congrats on the walking! I'm still waiting for DD2 to let go of the furniture but she is far too scared.

Seven Tachycardia is fast heart rate. SOB is shortness of breath. She was moved to MAU (Medical Assessment Unit) at 11:30am so had been in a corridor in the A&E dept for 12hrs! Anyway they are running further tests and she is stable. She's had a GTN spray to reduce the heart rate and is on a water tablet for fluid on lungs - which is what they are testing for later to find out why!

Found out my nan is being kept in till Saturday. I know she's feeling a little better as she's kicked up a fuss about it grin At 80 yrs old she is healthier than I am. Only time she takes tabs is paracetamol for a headache! Anyway she's being moved to Cardiology at some point this evening. That's all I know at moment.

Hope everyone is feeling better this evening.

AnEerieAirOfHorror Tue 06-Nov-12 18:55:22

Marking Place grin

Glad to hear your Gran is feeling better DSM.

Good luck to all those TTC

Get well to all the ill people and families.

Oi i would be soooo angry too if they left the bag where my children play as well.

SMS its ok to not cope now and them. Its ok to have down days because tomoro will be better. I hope Edward's chest is better soon and that you get at least 6 hours sleep in one go smile

Waves to Muffin smile

AnEerieAirOfHorror Tue 06-Nov-12 18:58:44

And its Hope's Birthday on the 26th November smile

MissRee Tue 06-Nov-12 20:09:34

Hope your Nan is feeling better soon DSM

Scary to think we have birthdays this month shock Freya isn't even 10 months yet grin

Pompoms for the walking BJR!

I had my implant removed today sad sorely arm! Don't know whether to go to work tomorrow but I feel a bit guilty about considering not going just because of a sore arm grin

I got my promotion though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now