Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2012 - Jubilant mums of Jubilee babies

(571 Posts)

It is Jubilee weekend crown - awaiting those babies!

McKayz Sat 10-Nov-12 21:42:12

grin grin

emblosion Sat 10-Nov-12 21:44:19

Sounds like a cartoon character!

DairyNips Sat 10-Nov-12 21:46:30

grin

EvaGk Sat 10-Nov-12 22:33:12

Thank you blondiedollface unfortunately I am fanatically breastfeeding grin DS was diagnosed with tongue-tie after 4 weeks of excrutiating pain (on my part) around 3 weeks the reflux kicked in and the combination was diabolocal at first. It's great that you are a happy FFeeder I am not sure I am very wise with persevering through all that pain. Since yesterday my bob is blocked again and the pain is back! It never ends with BF I've come to realise.

Hi Kveta yes DS is my first one and everything is such a shock! We are in the UK, London. Nothing prepares you for it. I blame the ante-natal courses for spending so much time explaining everything about labour and there is no advice on how to deal with the next weeks and months. I would have found it extremely useful if there was more about babies in the ante-natal classes. What's the group's view?

Hi Dairy The silver reflux is a great concept! You can start a new trend! The silent one is very bad. I have tried all kind of medication. last time the consultant refused to continue medication and he told me to ignore the reflux. I just wonder how can a doctor be so out of touch and live in a parallel universe where you can simply choose to ignore the reflux...I stopped the medication as nothing was working anyway now that the acid is not bothering him anymore.I tried gaviscon that seemed to work at first, then the reflux came back. Then i started ranitidine alone which seemed to make matters worse. Then upped the ranitidine and added domperidone. Some improvement but not any better than just gaviscin. He just vomits all the time everywhere. It's a pain having to spend all your time washing and when out to explain to ther mums that he doesn't have a contagious bug but a weak stomach muscle.

Hi emblosion yes whenever I tell someone that DS sleeps through he wakes up at night grin just to remind me how lucky i am when he doesn't

I was absolutely gutted but DD's TT was so bad she literally couldn't feed she went over 24 hours without any milk after I came home from the hospital so I had to start expressing and unfortunately my supply was so low I just had to give her formula - but that's what it's there for and aren't I lucky it is smile I expressed for 4 weeks before my milk dried up and hope she got the best from it.. I wholeheartedly applaud you still going at 4.5 months with a TT and reflux!!

I know quite a few suffer from reflux on this thread including Dairy and hopefully they might have some nuggets of wisdom for you!!

EvaGk Sat 10-Nov-12 23:08:34

blondiedollface i realised i forgot to say that DS had the snip at around 4weeks and things improved immensely since!

I'm glad things improved for you, that's brill!! Our snip was at 5 days and unfortunately it didn't make any difference at all sad We have since realised she has a v severe upper lip tie too, which as long as it doesn't impediment her speech (which it shouldn't from all the research we've done) we are going to leave alone and see how she does. To be honest I'm just thankful that of all the things babies can be born with it was just a lip and tongue tie grin

EvaGk Sun 11-Nov-12 12:30:42

Well said blondiedollface

Shelduck Fri 04-Jan-13 14:57:05

Hi everyone (anyone?!)

Have been absent for some time. (Turns out looking after a baby is quite time consuming!) Just come on to Mumsnet for first time in ages for some weaning advice, so thought I'd pop in to say hello, Happy New Year and hope that you, your LOs and families are all thriving. DS is doing really well (if slow to wean!) and I am so very very lucky to have such a chilled out cheerful baby. Cannot take any credit for it! Those difficult weeks after he was born when I was last in touch with you all seem like so so long ago now! I had no idea how quickly DS would stop feeling like a little baby and more like a little boy.

Hugs to you all.
Xxx

Hi Shelduck! Some of us are still lurking about smile So glad DS is chilled and happy - got one of those here myself!! Feel free to ask any advice - I think most of us are in various stages of weaning now - from just started to slow and steady to blw eating everything in sight!!

Hope everything else is good for you smile

10000Fireflies Fri 11-Jan-13 15:39:17

Hi everyone! Happy New Year to you all!! Hope everyone's well? If anyone is reading and has time, am looking for some general info on LOs sleeping patterns. Trying to work out what is best pattern to get LO into esp during day. Sometimes he has a lovely big sleep from 11:30-16:00 (yes, really!!), other times he drops off around 10:30 for a bit and might have another nap later in the afternoon... or might not.

I must be a going a little bit nuts though. Have started planning his first birthday party.... just a little bit. So proud of the little fellow. We're having such a lovely time.

Hope to hear from someone!! Love to all!! FF xx

Hi fireflies! Great to "see" you. Sorry it's all a bit quiet on here blush Facebook just seems to be a bit easier.

11:30 - 16:00? shock wow.

DS is still rather erratic with his napping, both timing and length (he was getting himself into a nice little pattern before Christmas, but then Christmas happened...), but mammainthemaking gave me a link to a good site - www.babysleepsite.com/baby-sleep-feeding-schedules/ - it's got sample schedules for each age, so you could have a go at following that pattern for a few days and see if it works for you?

How is DS at getting off to sleep, does he need a lot of help or does he generally drop off by himself?

So cute that you are planning his first birthday already grin. DS' is only 3 months away now, so I should probably ask family to keep a day free if we are going to do something. I go back to work the week after, and I'm a little sad that he might be having a nursery settling in session on his birthday sad I was hoping to have him all to myself not that he will know or care!

10000Fireflies Sun 20-Jan-13 12:50:09

Hey Tea! Thanks so much for dropping in and helping me out a bit. I have been tearing my hair out with his sleeping patterns. The website looks brilliant. Thank you. At least I know what we could be aiming for.

He'll drop off if we're out and about, generally after making a bit of a fuss, in his pushchair, but at home he usually needs to be fed to sleep. Bad habit to have got into! I excuse myself because he was very colicky up to October, then teething kicked in (he has 6 teeth), then he was really poorly with tonsillitis and bronchiolitis... then we had to do some short trips away, then it was Christmas... so now he's a bit better and things are more settled, so fingers crossed I can get some order into our lives!!

Wow! That's amazing! Hasn't time flown? I can't believe DS' first birthday is so close!! I remember when he arrived thinking I hope the same didn't happen for us, as I just wasn't ready for a baby!! (more to do with state of flat than mentally!!) How is he doing? Have you any plans for his birthday? Will you keep it just to family or will you have some other little friends to join? Is quite sad to be thinking of going back to work already. Was talking about it the other day with my ante-natal group and realising what a special year it's been, and feeling rather sad that it's coming to a close.

Say hi to everyone on FB for me. I suppose I'll get round to joining one day!! FF xx

Waves Hi FF!

We have plans for DD's birthday as my mum is heading over to Florida the day after to meet her sister (who's flying down from Virginia) so we're going with her grin it'll be a very Happy Birthday indeed! That site is fab, we generally aim for 14 hours sleeping in 24 now DD is 7 months, she usually does 12h at night then an hour nap in the morning and an hour in the afternoon - however today she fooled us and did an hour and a half in the middle of the day!

Hope now that DS is all better you can get some sort of sleep pattern going that suits you both smile Nice to see you here!

Blondie Xx

10000Fireflies Mon 21-Jan-13 20:52:35

Ooooooh, hello Blondie! Lovely to see you too! Sounds like a great first birthday!

I will have to read the site and swot up a bit on what DS should be doing. DS was up for 4.5 hours last night. sad I really don't know why. He has been so good at knowing night from day up until now. It's the second night running and getting worse.

It's amazing, isn't it? You think you have your baby sussed and then they go and change all the rules!!

Enjoy planning your Florida trip.

FF xx

Lots of us have had this between 6 and 7 months FF, I think we think it's developmental IYSWIM - not definite but there are a few babies awake in the night for no reason other than awakeness when they've been sleeping through before no problems smile

Every time we get used to one routine DD changes and we start all over! Know what you mean with that one grin

Blondie Xx

10000Fireflies Mon 28-Jan-13 11:27:51

That's really good to know Blondie. Read your message the other day, didn't have time to reply, but was reassured to hear that others have had the same. After no daytime naps, bundled DS into pram yesterday and took him for a long outing. He had two naps while out in the afternoon. Then, last night he slept from about 10pm to 5.30am in his cot without waking us up. And now he's on his second nap of the morning. So hoping this period has passed and we are back on track... for the moment! Thanks again for the reassurance. Kept me going through the last few days!! FF xx

gwenniebee Tue 29-Jan-13 21:55:41

Hi Shelduck and FF smile

Hope your little ones are eating and sleeping well now! Just thought I'd say that it was nice to "see" you. The fb page definitely seems to have taken over from this one...

GB smile xx

hello, could i ask you ladies a question? my baby is due in end of june this year and was wondering whether it will need a hat to come out of hospital, and will i boil it if i put a woollen cardi on it? if you can remember from last summer?smile

AmethystMoon Sat 23-Feb-13 21:57:02

Hi yes my DDvwas born 19 June and came home in a hat and cardigan. They can't regulate their own body temp that young, so wear more than us. It may depend upon the weather but it was a fairly normal day when I left hospital, although quite late so cooler. I would take it all with you and if in doubt a nurse will advise. Good luck, I am very jealous that you'll soon be sniffing a newborn head smile

thank you amethyst that is very useful info, i had forgotten about the smell of a new baby's head as well and am now even excited about meeting the baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now